Watford v. Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Toby's out

...................................Lloris

Trippier................Dier...........Wimmer..................Rose

....................Wanyama..........Dembele

Sissoko....................Alli.................Eriksen

................................Janssen

Doubt we will see anything like that, but Id be happy to rest Kane today and get our 20M back up on the pitch.
The whole point in Vinny was so Kane didnt have to play every minute despite being out of sorts.

I know he scored an absolute vital goal at Southampton, but he is off the pace, and 90 minutes today and I can see him having a mare against Chelsea.

Let Son be an option off the bench and give Janssen a chance. He will never get scoring if he's never played.
how have you come to the conclusion that Kane is off pace? Please let me know.

The reality is Poch should stick with the strongest team possible as this is just as important as the Chelsea game. The players need to get through this and Chelski and then it's an FA cup game where the likes of Kane, Rose etc etc can get their rest.

how have you come to the conclusion that Kane is off pace? Please let me know.

Because a Kane in top form scores goals like the one against Chelsea in the 5-3, and the 2-2 v Scum.
Coming deep and running with the ball. Challenging for headers in the final third, chasing down keepers. An in form Kane can be found defending at our corner flag.

A Kane on the back of 4000 games and an injury can go 70 minutes without touching the ball or making a run for his AM's.

He pops up with vital goals, but his over all game is non existent compared to a year or two ago.

I miss this guy

Dunno about you

The reality is Poch should stick with the strongest team possible as this is just as important as the Chelsea game. The players need to get through this and Chelski and then it's an FA cup game where the likes of Kane, Rose etc etc can get their rest.

I think we need to get our bench players to be competent back up so we can trust our squad when we need to....in important games too. The cups are also important, so why rest Kane at all in that case then?

Sissoko is becoming a starter....people name Winks in their first team these days.

Why? Because they have been given a chance to become competent.

I think we need to get our bench players to be competent back up so we can trust our squad when we need to....in important games too. The cups are also important, so why rest Kane at all in that case then?

Sissoko is becoming a starter....people name Winks in their first team these days.

Why? Because they have been given a chance to become competent.
Poch has given Janssen his chance time and time again so let's not act as if that hasn't been the case. Winks and Sissoko have taken their chances by putting in impressive performances.

FA cup at home to a championship team is NOT as important as this and the Chelsea game.

Because a Kane in top form scores goals like the one against Chelsea in the 5-3, and the 2-2 v Scum.
Coming deep and running with the ball. Challenging for headers in the final third, chasing down keepers. An in form Kane can be found defending at our corner flag.

A Kane on the back of 4000 games and an injury can go 70 minutes without touching the ball or making a run for his AM's.

He pops up with vital goals, but his over all game is non existent compared to a year or two ago.

I miss this guy

Dunno about you

So the fact that he's scoring doesn't matter but it's the type of goals he is scoring that you're judging him on. Personally I couldn't care less if he scores 30 one yard tap ins...as long as he is scoring and contributing.

What Chelsea are doing is as admirable/amazing as it is making me sick.

Another must win for us tomorrow with absurdly no scope to even settle for a draw.

You would think Chelsea's run is impossible to sustain but out of such doubt are records created.

We just don't deserve to be at the end of it 2 year's running.

Let's try and beat Watford and then gain revenge for last season. Dembele owes us in that game.
Leicester won the league. There are 6 teams who are far and away better than the rest, all of which can play like pub sides at times. Basically, the quality of the PL isn't as great as some like to believe

So the fact that he's scoring doesn't matter but it's the type of goals he is scoring that you're judging him on. Personally I couldn't care less if he scores 30 one yard tap ins...as long as he is scoring and contributing.

Maybe you should read Sammy's post again. Its not just about the goals, it's about his overall contribution to the team and i agree, he is a way off his flying best.

But there are very few players that are not susceptible to dips in form and Kane at 60% of his best is still an incredible asset.

Back
Top Bottom