Watford v. Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't think I could agree more..

I saw something on twitter where a young lad in Southampton has cancer, and wanted the spurs players to meet him after the game but couldn't due to the late kick off, but apparently Kane's dad and brother went, and have offered him tickets in the family box to any home game of his choice, when he is better, and Kane will meet him after the game! Absolute fucking legend!

What Chelsea are doing is as admirable/amazing as it is making me sick.

Another must win for us tomorrow with absurdly no scope to even settle for a draw.

You would think Chelsea's run is impossible to sustain but out of such doubt are records created.

We just don't deserve to be at the end of it 2 year's running.

Let's try and beat Watford and then gain revenge for last season. Dembele owes us in that game.

From Watford forum:
Lawro predicts we lose.
Other pundits predict we lose.
Bookies predict we lose.
Many on this forum predict we lose.
Watford fans lumping money on we lose.
Spurs message boards predict we (heavily) lose.
History predicts we lose.
Spuds fans think we're slitting our wrists before we lose.
Mazzarri rolls out his list of injured players excusing himself before we lose.
Spuds players are thinking of the Chelsea game knowing we are going to lose.
The greater footballing world thinks we are going to lose.

We are exactly where we want to be - underdogs well under the radar.

2-2 draw.

Fair enough and all, but they are going to lose. Badly.

So win without conceding and we have a decent chance of going 3rd.
What more incentive is that.
Hope the team are not drinking tonight. KO is far too early for hangovers.
Cum on totnammm

From Watford forum:

Fair enough and all, but they are going to lose. Badly.
actually not all of us think we are going to win heavily. It would be great to, but it's not a foregone conclusion. It wasn't that easy last season.
We also could be without both our first choice CB s, as it is we are definitely without one and the RB.
Probably where you wouldn't want to be losing players if you're facing ighalo and Deeney
What if we end up with Wimmer and Dier as the CB pairing. Not exactly played together a lot.
Watford were favourites to beat palace, and hull but not to beat Man U
I wonder if The same ones who are lumping money on their team to lose at home tomorrow took the 5/1 odds to beat Man U at vicarage road.

actually not all of us think we are going to win heavily. It would be great to, but it's not a foregone conclusion. It wasn't that easy last season.
We also could be without both our first choice CB s, as it is we are definitely without one and the RB.
Probably where you wouldn't want to be losing players if you're facing ighalo and Deeney
What if we end up with Wimmer and Dier as the CB pairing. Not exactly played together a lot.
Watford were favourites to beat palace, and hull but not to beat Man U
I wonder if The same ones who are lumping money on their team to lose at home tomorrow took the 5/1 odds to beat Man U at vicarage road.

I take your point, but Ighalo and Deeney are only being mentioned based on last season's performances. They have played 23 leagues games between them and scored 5 goal, this season. Hardly anything to worry about it seems to me. I do not think Watford are a terrible team, but even at full strength we are better than them and they have loads of injuries at the moment. Yes, we have a couple of suspensions but Wimmer and Dier are fantastic backups even if Toby can't play CB and Trippier is a very good backup for Walker at RB. All these backups would walk into Watford's first team and would look out of place among the rest of their team.

I may end up with egg on my face, but I really think we will get a great result here.

Surely Rose wont start, given Chelsea just a few days away. Back three makes sense if Toby is fit. Otherwise Dier and Wimmer in a four with Trips and Davies, which scares me a bit. Would be nice to see CCV at some stage. he's a beast of a lad. Might rest Sissoko as well as he seems to lack the fitness of the other forwards.

I saw something on twitter where a young lad in Southampton has cancer, and wanted the spurs players to meet him after the game but couldn't due to the late kick off, but apparently Kane's dad and brother went, and have offered him tickets in the family box to any home game of his choice, when he is better, and Kane will meet him after the game! Absolute fucking legend!
Almost makes me cry. That's amazing

Nearly 30 years since I watched the only match I have seen Watford play. At Villa Park and Watford had injury problem then and had to play a Rookie Goal Keeper if I remember correctly and he gifted us a goal and we won easily 4-1. A repeat today would be nice. Watford are weaker than last season although their 2 strikers are playing and are dangerous. I would rest a few players but from Poch's comments that will not happen but doubt Dembele will play again.

Surely Rose wont start, given Chelsea just a few days away. Back three makes sense if Toby is fit. Otherwise Dier and Wimmer in a four with Trips and Davies, which scares me a bit. Would be nice to see CCV at some stage. he's a beast of a lad. Might rest Sissoko as well as he seems to lack the fitness of the other forwards.
Why wouldn't Rose start?

Let's win today, I don't think it's going to be all one way though, teams always seem to turn up to play us, although it is about time we were gifted a nice easy game, espixally with the Chavs coming up, I just hope the players don't take it for granted with one eye on midweek! :pochserious2:
It's nice as well to be playing first, hair of the dog and all after a messy New Year's Eve! :pochshock:
Plus get to go 3rd and put a bit of pressure on Woolwich and hope big Sam gets a result! :pochsulk:

If Toby's out

...................................Lloris

Trippier................Dier...........Wimmer..................Rose

....................Wanyama..........Dembele

Sissoko....................Alli.................Eriksen

................................Janssen

Doubt we will see anything like that, but Id be happy to rest Kane today and get our 20M back up on the pitch.
The whole point in Vinny was so Kane didnt have to play every minute despite being out of sorts.

I know he scored an absolute vital goal at Southampton, but he is off the pace, and 90 minutes today and I can see him having a mare against Chelsea.

Let Son be an option off the bench and give Janssen a chance. He will never get scoring if he's never played.

From Poch during pre match conference -
Will you pick your side against Watford with the Chelsea game in mind as well?
Mauricio: “No because for us the most important game is Watford. It’s important to try to reduce the gap to the top four (or) in the end keep the same gap. We need to be focused on Watford because they are the most important (opponents) now for us.”

Nearly 30 years since I watched the only match I have seen Watford play. At Villa Park and Watford had injury problem then and had to play a Rookie Goal Keeper if I remember correctly and he gifted us a goal and we won easily 4-1. A repeat today would be nice. Watford are weaker than last season although their 2 strikers are playing and are dangerous. I would rest a few players but from Poch's comments that will not happen but doubt Dembele will play again.

Remember the old Elton John chants that day, must have been about 8 different versions.
"He sniffs the coke and then he has a poke - elton john elton john"
The others i'd best not write on here.

Back
Top Bottom