WBA Vs Tottenham, Sunday 8th Nov - KO 12noon - Sky Sports PPV.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love seeing all the comments about us playing negative shit football and how we aren't attacking enough even though we have the best goal difference in the league.

I mean, maybe the PL are just giving us goals to make us look better? Surely that must be the case because apparently we don't score enough lol.
Most of those goals were in just 2 games and 4 of them against 10 men.

Tottenham played football that was a joy to watch under redknapp and poch yet still won Jack shit. Things were always going to be different with Mourinho

We had loads of perfromances like this under both those managers too; lost a bunch of them t'boot....

If we play poor and win it matters because it is not sustainable, especially when it is against poor teams so we are unlikely to get away with it when we play better teams.

If we play poor because of the tactics and line-up then it is concerning because again doing the same things against better teams will result in us not winning.

I am enjoying the win, have never said I wasn't, but that doesn't mean that we should ignore the clear signs of concern. It is very possible to enjoy the win, be happy where we are in the table and still have concerns about clear problems that we have.
I understand where you are coming from, but I don't agree with you that we are playing badly.

We are defending very well and look dangerous going forwards, we would have liked to see more free flowing football today and in those other games but it is hard to do when teams set up just to negate us.

West Broms entire game plan was to stop the service to our front three, and to frustrate and eat the clock.

Just try and enjoy it, you don't get to be top of the league every day.

If we play poor and win it matters because it is not sustainable, especially when it is against poor teams so we are unlikely to get away with it when we play better teams.

If we play poor because of the tactics and line-up then it is concerning because again doing the same things against better teams will result in us not winning.

I am enjoying the win, have never said I wasn't, but that doesn't mean that we should ignore the clear signs of concern. It is very possible to enjoy the win, be happy where we are in the table and still have concerns about clear problems that we have.
I think the problem is that you don’t seem to be enjoying the win and just moaning about the poor performance when most on the forum are trying to enjoy the win and the table position. Obviously, if we play like that against better opposition, we’ll have more problems. It doesn’t mean we’ll lose; it doesn’t mean we’ll win - it just means we’ll have more problems. Having said that, we also played really badly against Shitty earlier in the year and stole 3pts - doesn’t matter.

Also, considering we now have one of top 3 points returns in league since appointing Jose, then clearly we can sustain it when playing badly? (Especially considering our squad is now much stronger and we didn’t have any recognised CF for a pile of those games).

Glass half- full / half -empty. Your choice. I know which mine is.

Sissoko is a waste of space..might as well play Vinicius from the start and let Kane and N'dombele play a bit deeper.

Sissoko and Dele need to be offloaded in Jan for a good midfielder
How much deeper do you really want Kane? He's already a CAM much of the time. The obvious problem with the amount he already drops back is that he's still the team's biggest/most consistent goal threat. It's a trite point but if only we could clone Kane..

That Semi Ajayi is one hell of a stoic. I bet Mou are shortlisting him just cause of his stature.
That being said, even in 85mins and us not really applying constant pressure, im uncharacteristically calm and felt the winning goal is coming.
We are growing and it can be felt. Still so many things to be improved but we are growing.
Everytime we meet a team that plays with 3 CB and does not practicing a high line, we will see more of the same unfortunately. Somebody need to step up in the midfield so Mou would feel comfortable playing with two in the centre with 2 ST.
You can never be sure but we were getting closer and closer to a goal as they tired.

It seems like we have a bad pattern lately of arrogance against lower quality teams. We start slow, just hoof the ball up the pitch like we have all day to score, and refuse to press.

Maybe this is the directive to avoid overworking the players, but it feels more like arrogance that the game is in the bag and we can win this at half speed.

It seems like we have a bad pattern lately of arrogance against lower quality teams. We start slow, just hoof the ball up the pitch like we have all day to score, and refuse to press.

Maybe this is the directive to avoid overworking the players, but it feels more like arrogance that the game is in the bag and we can win this at half speed.

That avatar, LOL

I think the problem is that you don’t seem to be enjoying the win and just moaning about the poor performance when most on the forum are trying to enjoy the win and the table position. Obviously, if we play like that against better opposition, we’ll have more problems. It doesn’t mean we’ll lose; it doesn’t mean we’ll win - it just means we’ll have more problems. Having said that, we also played really badly against Shitty earlier in the year and stole 3pts - doesn’t matter.

Also, considering we now have one of top 3 points returns in league since appointing Jose, then clearly we can sustain it when playing badly? (Especially considering our squad is now much stronger and we didn’t have any recognised CF for a pile of those games).

Glass half- full / half -empty. Your choice. I know which mine is.

Considering I am enjoying the win perhaps you should focus more on yourself and less on trying to tell me what I am feeling or not feeling.

Tottenham played football that was a joy to watch under redknapp and poch yet still won Jack shit. Things were always going to be different with Mourinho
Teams will always pack their defence if they are desperate for points.
We didn't have the best day but also we didn't let one in !
Tell me again what we won with the 2 you mention ?

Back
Top Bottom