We’re part of the problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fact remains, I'd trust VERY few - if any - people here to attempt to run this club (and yes I include myself in that statement).

.......The idea that the average fan could do any better is fanciful as hell.

You wouldn’t have to run it. That’s the point, do what you do best and delegate the rest and if you do nothing well then don’t do it. Kronke you think he knows how to construct a winning football culture, I would take you right now 100% over him. All he has done is understand that you hire people into the top positions who know what they are doing.

If I was a joe Lewis type with Spurs I would do the exact opposite of Boehy and let people who know what they are doing run the club, trust them and back them. All I want from Levy is for him to let Scott Munn run the football without interference and trust him.

I've been calling him Darth Levy for years.

The whole fucking club is run as his personal kingdom. We need a Luke Skywalker to come along and chop his fucking head off.

The Star Wars geek in me feels compelled to point out that for the most part Vader was just an enforcer/henchman for the main man.

Last edited:
Yes it didnt end well and it might be naive hoping that lighting strikes twice but i dont see it as embarassing.
Can’t say that getting back with an ex (which I did twice for significant second periods) ever worked for me.
Funnily enough, I’ll see one of them at a reunion later this year. Her best friend has already asked if I’m stalking her although I’ve not said a word to her since our final break-up shortly after Uni. I must say I am not looking forward to it and would be really happy if she couldn’t attend.

I've been calling him Darth Levy for years.

The whole fucking club is run as his personal kingdom. We need a Luke Skywalker to come along and chop his fucking head off.
I never thought I would say I'm dreading us playing Newcastle and villa away. Liverpool yes as we have a diabolical record up there and were playing the ref as well. Like being back in mid 90s again going in hope rather than expectation to win. Cant have that.

Can’t say that getting back with an ex (which I did twice for significant second periods) ever worked for me.
Funnily enough, I’ll see one of them at a reunion later this year. Her best friend has already asked if I’m stalking her although I’ve not said a word to her since our final break-up shortly after Uni. I must say I am not looking forward to it and would be really happy if she couldn’t attend.
I wouldn't turn up mate.

You seem like exactly the sort of creepy, two-faced little cunt that would be a stalker.

Why would a so-called Spurs fan insist on using the name of one of the clubs most divisive and despised ex-managers? Just to be antagonistic and awkward i guess.

Yep, prime stalker material right here.

You wouldn’t have to run it. That’s the point, do what you do best and delegate the rest and if you do nothing well then don’t do it. Kronke you think he knows how to construct a winning football culture, I would take you right now 100% over him. All he has done is understand that you hire people into the top positions who know what they are doing.

If I was a joe Lewis type with Spurs I would do the exact opposite of Boehy and let people who know what they are doing run the club.

I think the above point about Kronke/Edu/Arteta & their fans kinds already answers this. The fan version of Kronke would still be tasked with hiring, firing and making key decisions...... In that analogy Edu & Arteta are gone before this season even kicks off; the flower never blooms.

76% of this forum WANTED Conte (and the majority of players we signed for him btw!) and yet most now complain about loss of DNA and style of play.

He should never have been booed, I might come across as cynical about the club, because I have endured the shit for so long.
But I have never booed one of our players, in fact I have not even given it to the opposition, just in case it turns around on us and they get the winner 😀
Takes me back to the time Ghaly received similar treatment (not dental btw) and feeling similarly embarrassed.

Bit naive mate. February 2019 pre burnley poch said before match we needed a rebuild then in july in Munich 2019 said the same. Poch imo was hung out to dry. Cant deny weve been a disaster since hes left. He deserves another crack at it imo unless the board are to proud to admit they made a mistake. Do think it's the latter imo
My main point is that people are thinking he's going to be the Messiah that's going to cure all our ills, I'm just putting it out there that there might be a chance that he's not...

There's no fucking way Levy will have him back at any rate...

The fact remains, I'd trust VERY few - if any - people here to attempt to run this club (and yes I include myself in that statement).

.......The idea that the average fan could do any better is fanciful as hell.

Let's avoid getting too gassed by Kronke/Edu/Arteta too. Scum fans weren't as little as 12 months ago; and would have happily seen all 3 binned..... So yeh "football fans" running clubs, indeed.
Hes had a crack at it for 20 years.....and 1 league cup followed by glorious failure. In that time pompey and Wigan have won better trophies than us. And weve seen chelsea, city and now Newcastle overtake us. I'm starting to worry Wrexham might overtake us if he hangs around for another 10 years.

The Star Wars geek in me feels compelled to point out that for the most part Vader was just an enforcer/henchman for the main man.
With a bit of a mean streak in him to be fair. I think I read a while back that 60% of CEO’s would be classified as sociopaths.

And the main man became more of a way of expanding the narrative. Point 80% taken though.

The point remains that scapegoating players and booing anyone that pulls on the shirt isn‘t right in my book. If you are frustrated with Levy / ENIC then stay away

I doubt a single fan would have appointed Nuno and not many given the remainder of the season to Stellini or taken 4 or 5 days to suspend Paratici etc. These are just unbelievably bad decisions at any level and you have to question the competence of someone that has been doing this for 23 years. Whats gone on in the past will always be open for debate, how much good he did overall. But for the here and now he is a complete liability and drag on the club and he should be removed for the sake of all concerned. I dont want a fan in charge i want someone like Paul Barber. That would improve us more than any managerial appointment or signing.

My point wasn't really about Levy anyway... Just the crackpot idea about individual fans's running the club better.
I just think we have an arrogant board. Cant really go wrong paying for infrastructure. Mind you the stadium was 18 months late. Currently the club is the reflection of the board...nice house, crap furniture.

I doubt a single fan would have appointed Nuno and not many given the remainder of the season to Stellini or taken 4 or 5 days to suspend Paratici etc. These are just unbelievably bad decisions at any level and you have to question the competence of someone that has been doing this for 23 years. Whats gone on in the past will always be open for debate, how much good he did overall. But for the here and now he is a complete liability and drag on the club and he should be removed for the sake of all concerned. I dont want a fan in charge i want someone like Paul Barber. That would improve us more than any managerial appointment or signing.

Fair post; but Barber's just become a convenient recency meme..... He's a marketing/corporate man; that may or may not be behind any key decisions on the recruitment side.

..........We literally just hired a deputy CEO (same job) and he was roundly ridiculed.

Back
Top Bottom