We’re part of the problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still can't get my head around why the cunt of a manager subbed him.

Was it to protect his feelings, because he made a mistake or was part of a plan?

We are beyond a banter club.
I would agree with you that Stellini doing that was part of the problem that led to Sanchez getting booed.

Defo not the fan's fault but they are part of the problem, anyone who thinks otherwise proves the point. There are two school's of thought, one that believes booing acts as a kick up the proverbial for the players to try harder and put some effort in the other who see it as an action to make the situation worse.

That aside all those who booed Sanchez yesterday are either of low intelligence or cowards (or both) and no doubt fully paid up members of the angry mob who struggle to read the papers every day......why pick on an individual who is absolutely useless at his trade when he is surrounded by others who are apparently much better and capable of covering up for his deficiencies? The answer to the rhetorical is of course he's the easy target and resident scapegoat ala Anthony Gardener&Co.

Doesn't mean that everyone who booed was directing it at DS it may have been borne out of frustration, however you only at to look at the footage of the poor lad when he was sat on the side lines afterwards to see his devastation and only feel sorry for him. Unfortunately that's what happens when indiscriminate booing comes from the home crowd, the players hear it and take it to heart unable to discern whether it is directed at them or at some bald twat in corporate.

Last edited:
Its like Tanguy, it took the fans calling him out as a lazy fecker for any action to happen. Knob though he was Mourinho called it right and wanted him gone but all we got was Levy lecturing him about his A levels for the cameras. Fans turn, he's out the door.

I feel more for Sanchez as its not a lack of effort but a lack of talent but 3 or 4 managers havent fancied him but i had no faith he would have been moved on in the summer and rightly or wrongly he will be now. Because there is almost a total vacumn in the footballing decision making it feels like the fans are almost having to call the shots. Its a proper shambles.

Sometimes booing can be a way to motivate player or raise his self awareness about the way he played, especially, if he played bad because he doesn't give a fuck, like Tanguy. Sometimes it can only shatter confidence and motivation, also turn player against club and supporters. Sanchez situation is an obvious one, he's shit and he played terribly and if we ever wanted it to change, we did the exact opposite.

Because there is almost a total vacumn in the footballing decision making it feels like the fans are almost having to call the shots. Its a proper shambles.
Because fans are proper geniuses when it comes to running clubs. Frankly, I wouldn’t let half the fans I know run a bath let alone a football club.

And if that were the case, perhaps we should listen the more than 50,000 fans who had the decency to not boo Sanchez yesterday rather than the self-entitled cunts that did.

He didn’t deserve it, especially the fact that he was being booed before he even touched the ball, but it’s the inevitable conclusion of how the club is being run.

Ground will be toxic for the rest of the season.
Is it booing him or the face he’s being brought on, or even still here? It’s poor management (to bring him on) and poor decision making (that’s he’s not left)

Sometimes booing can be a way to motivate player or raise his self awareness about the way he played, especially, if he played bad because he doesn't give a fuck, like Tanguy. Sometimes it can only shatter confidence and motivation, also turn player against club and supporters. Sanchez situation is an obvious one, he's shit and he played terribly and if we ever wanted it to change, we did the exact opposite.
Rubbish

The clincher though is that it's simply booing. Regardless of the intent; one has no control over how it's received.

Because fans are proper geniuses when it comes to running clubs. Frankly, I wouldn’t let half the fans I know run a bath let alone a football club.

And if that were the case, perhaps we should listen the more than 50,000 fans who had the decency to not boo Sanchez yesterday rather than the self-entitled cunts that did.
I fail to see how even the biggest knuckle dragger amongst them could do much worse on footballing decisions than the current pillock in charge. If he doesnt want to be ruled by a mob maybe he should get a grip on the situation.

The clincher though is that it's simply booing. Regardless of the intent; one has no control over how it's received.
It may mean he won’t be brought in again this season which is a positive outcome. It was the decision that was boo’d, more so than the player directly.

As per the cowardly retreat vs Milan

Is it booing him or the face he’s being brought on, or even still here? It’s poor management (to bring him on) and poor decision making (that’s he’s not left)
He should never have been booed, I might come across as cynical about the club, because I have endured the shit for so long.
But I have never booed one of our players, in fact I have not even given it to the opposition, just in case it turns around on us and they get the winner 😀

He should never have been booed, I might come across as cynical about the club, because I have endured the shit for so long.
But I have never booed one of our players, in fact I have not even given it to the opposition, just in case it turns around on us and they get the winner 😀
Don’t disagree but the Milan sub was a joke and summed up Conte. The sub yday was an extension of that retreat

It may mean he won’t be brought in again this season which is a positive outcome.

Injury depending (w/Davies out and now presumably Lenglet); we may be forced to play him again; so no...... There's no upside.

We needed him for the run-in last season and he did just fine. Less chance of him repeating that now and maybe the booing yesterday already played a part in our loss.

It was the decision that was boo’d, more so than the player directly.

This (i.e. the intent) is moot. As I literally just said; those booing have zero control over how it's received.

Injury depending (w/Davies out and now presumably Lenglet); we may be forced to play him again; so no...... There's no upside.

We needed him for the run-in last season and he did just fine. Less chance of him repeating that now and maybe the booing yesterday already played a part in our loss.

This (i.e. the intent) is moot. As I literally just said; those booing have zero control over how it's received.
Play four at the back ffs and get Sarr and Danjuma on the pitch

Back
Top Bottom