We’re part of the problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You seem like exactly the sort of creepy, two-faced little cunt that would be a stalker.

Why would a so-called Spurs fan insist on using the name of one of the clubs most divisive and despised ex-managers? Just to be antagonistic and awkward i guess.

Yep, prime stalker material right here.
He's not even a Spurs fan, he's a troll. He made it obvious ages ago.

I have wanted Sanchez gone since I saw him being knocked aside in a game when we were at Wembley. Cannot understand why he is still here. Having said that I cannot agree with booing any player during a match. Emerson, Porro and Winks have suffered in the same way. I recall also at Wembley a massive groan when Winks played a backward pass, He looked genuinely shocked as he was acting on instructions from Poch.
Going onto the price of tickets, if you do not like the price do not pay it. We are a top London club and the prices should be amongst the highest in the PL and it is no excuse to boo players. He does not help to sing Poch's name and I cannot see bringing him back will win us a trophy.
As to Levy whilst I do not blame him for all our problems, he is fair game but do not let it get in the way of supporting the team.
The team are underperforming and should be doing much better. How many of that Bournemouth team would supporters genuinely want in our team? not many we should be beating them. However we have a record number of unwanted players on loan as noone wants them and it looks like Sanchez will be joining them. It does reduce our options in sending players on loan for development purposes.. If you go to matches support the team as not doing so will only lead to poor results.

76% of this forum WANTED Conte (and the majority of players we signed for him btw!) and yet most now complain about loss of DNA and style of play.
Yeah, most of us can share some blame on that one, myself included. But I did think the club had more of a plan than getting some ‘club signings’ in to help him this season. He was obviously not the type of manager to accept what he didn’t ask for*.

*and he was a miserable, stubborn git who set us up to play piss poor boring predictable football.

We’ve taken the piss out of Utd getting TH instead of Conte and the gooners suffering Arteta and look at them both now. Egg on all our faces this season. It’s why I’m very reluctant to dis any manager right now as we really don’t know how they’ll work until they’re here and given time.

Yeah, most of us can share some blame on that one, myself included. But I did think the club had more of a plan than getting some ‘club signings’ in to help him this season. He was obviously not the type of manager to accept what he didn’t ask for*.

*and he was a miserable, stubborn git who set us up to play piss poor boring predictable football.

We’ve taken the piss out of Utd getting TH instead of Conte and the gooners suffering Arteta and look at them both now. Egg on all our faces this season. It’s why I’m very reluctant to dis any manager right now as we really don’t know how they’ll work until they’re here and given time.

My point is merely in ref to the earlier comments about fan-vision running the club.

Yeah although that, was because he threw his shirt down on the floor after being subbed.
Yes he did, although it remains to be seen whether the mindless actions of those who participated were precipitated by or the cause of it....whatever the reasoning the crowd never forgave(despite apologising) him and he was loaned out until returning under HR who was prepared to give him a second chance as a sub during a cup tie but thought better of it when the crowd booed him during his warm up.

Last edited:
I dont think the fans are being unfair at all. This set of players do not care about the club or fans. They give bare minimum, and the ones that cant even be fucked to do that are all out on loan. Imagine half of what was meant to be your first team are all out of loan because they cant stand to be here. The fans are being used and abused by these players. And Levy refuses to sell them and so we become the gatekeeper club of the Premier League. Battersea dogs home for footballers just happy to collect a stable wage, no expectations, will go under the radar year in year out without any criticisms. Conte said it himself theres an attitude and lack of commitment and push from the players. Sherwood said it. Redknapp said it. And theyve gotten away with it with the manager merry-go-round, instability and Levys inability and unwillingness to move players on. You know you are essentially bulletproof because of the lack of ambition at the club. Theyre begging Eric Dier for a contract extension right now as we speak. Its cheaper than getting a better player who will provide competition.

so a little boo here and there. Theyre lucky its not a club like Real Madrid, where imposters are found out in the first month and the expectation is through the roof and the weak are hounded out of the club. They even booed Bale and Ronaldo lol. All Sanchez can do is take it as positive criticism and do extra sessions on the grounds of his mansion or leave if things are a bit too “uncomfortable”

But It all starts at the top. Its the culture of the club that seems unique to Spurs. Why would the players show respect and commitment to the fans when the owners already have us bent over a barrel and have done so for years. Its the owners that have bred this complete lack of ambition, effort, commitment and respect towards the fans.

A generational player.
Who pretty much single-handedly won them the greatest club trophy in the sport.

But that’s okay.
What’s a little boo here and there.
Its almost like the fans of biggest club in the world expect nothing short of 150% every single game and if you provide anything less you can GTFO. Extreme but thats the requirement if you want to play at the biggest club in world. And thats why they win everything and thats why the best of the best players all want to go to Madrid to prove themselves.

Even underperforming players like Hazard come out and apologise to the fans for their form.

They didnt treat Bale any different. Bale 100% had commitment issues despite being a gifted athlete. He even did it when he came back to Spurs, talking on live TV about the state of Spurs and how he couldnt wait to leave with his national team.

A generational player.
Who pretty much single-handedly won them the greatest club trophy in the sport.

But that’s okay.
What’s a little boo here and there.

Doesn't seem to do them any harm at all. You can argue fans are being cunts. But I'd argue that fans being cunts doesn't stop a club from being the most successful club in the world. So clearly, the problem at Spurs isn't the fans being cunts.

So this thread is bollocks.

Don't follow them weekly, but do Newcastle ever boo their own players?

They haven't won anything in decades, pretty much pack out their stadium weekly, even after two relegations and horrible ownership. Jesus, and people think WE'VE had it bad.

But I never hear stories of them booing their own players and they've had some proper shit in that time. They mostly used their voice against their ownership. Which seemed alot better than the half arsed 10 minute chant we get of "Levy Out" as the fans sit there having paid Levy money to watch the football team.

How is booing TWO of your own players in one season acceptable and not a problem of the fanbase?
Under Bruce I'm sure newcastle did

Its almost like the fans of biggest club in the world expect nothing short of 150% every single game and if you provide anything less you can GTFO. Extreme but thats the requirement if you want to play at the biggest club in world. And thats why they win everything
Yeah, it’s got nothing to do with the fact that they basically gerrymandered a TV contract for years, make hundreds of millions more than nearly all their rivals and had the wealth of a municipality as a safety net.
Their fans’ demands made them great.

Doesn't seem to do them any harm at all. You can argue fans are being cunts. But I'd argue that fans being cunts doesn't stop a club from being the most successful club in the world. So clearly, the problem at Spurs isn't the fans being cunts.

So this thread is bollocks.
Again, more conflation.
It’s not about whether it affects our success or otherwise. It’s about basic human decency.

Again, more conflation.
It’s not about whether it affects our success or otherwise. It’s about basic human decency.

Sanchez is paid 65 grand a week to mostly sit on a bench, train and then sometimes kick a football. He's not been very good at it so got booed. Basic human decency might be slightly hyperbolic. I'm sure its not very nice for him, I'm also sure that the vast majority of jobs in the world face much worse for far less reward.

(And no, this doesn't mean I'm saying its right. I'm saying lets have a bit of perspective. The fans pay a lot and aren't happy so do a bit of pantomine booing to the extremely well rewarded sportsman. Its not some Greek tragedy.)

Back
Top Bottom