We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have you ever had one of those days where you don't really know how to feel. It's like "This shit doesn't happen to us"!

God only knows what happens if we win it. A country full of Spurs fans walking into lamp posts and pulling doors with Push written on them.
I am so happy that the final is on a Saturday.

Had it been a weekday I would have had to take a day off work no matter the result the day after.

D6G3fVVXkAEWe9T

:lamelaaghh: :lamelashock:

Lamela's boner is offside...

Only an hour and a half late to work:pocheyes: what a night , only going in to book a couple of days off in June :pochlol:

I am so happy that the final is on a Saturday.

Had it been a weekday I would have had to take a day off work no matter the result the day after.

Know the feeling mate. I think I'm in work solely on adrenaline. If I got an hour of sleep last night that would be it. More hyper than Scooter on Red Bull.

Know the feeling mate. I think I'm in work solely on adrenaline. If I got an hour of sleep last night that would be it. More hyper than Scooter on Red Bull.
I have like 4. Smart watch says 6 but no way is that correct.

Brewed a massive can of coffee that I am chugging now by myself.

I mainly share office space with a bunch of ladies my mum's age and they do not understand why I am smiling so much right now.

Nearly home after an insane but beautiful 24 hours. I’ve taken train, tube, train, plane, train, coach, bus, tube and one final train. Haven’t slept since I got up yesterday at 5am but I feel fine. It’s amazing what this stuff can do to you.

I could write oodles about last night but I don’t really know where to start. The main thing is that what happened at the end, the sight of the ball sliding into the net, me and others collapsing and tumbling over seats and on top of each other, the non stop celebrations, the coaching staff and players coming out to us twice - and they wanted to - all of this will, I hope, stay with me for the rest of my life.

Tottenham ‘till I die - and frankly, there was a moment where, with me tumbling down concrete with four people on top of me, I thought it might be there.

Wouldn’t have minded.

Side points:
1. Llorente was incredible when he came on.
2. Ajax are NOT our friends. Seeing their 90 minute carnival of celebration suddenly collapse was simply beautiful.
3. I hope a few miserable negative cunts on here and in our support in general feel some humility around the negativity that’s been in display over the past few weeks. Our squad has had a fucking tough season with a lot of uncertainty. What we’ve dug out - Top 4 and a CL Final - is miraculous and incredible, and testament to their unity and character.
4. Our core support yesterday was superb, as it was at Bournemouth, as it always is.

I have like 4. Smart watch says 6 but no way is that correct.

Brewed a massive can of coffee that I am chugging now by myself.

I mainly share office space with a bunch of ladies my mum's age and they do not understand why I am smiling so much right now.
Be careful mate, just watch they don't get the wrong idea.

On the winning goal, if you look a defender slips and isn't able to get to Dele in time to stop the pass....he was the guy they just brought on to run the clock down...couldn't make that shit up...

The 2019 cup final, first time on CL Final turf
Spurs did prove to everyone they were the best team on earth
They won that CL Final and they were the first to do
The scousers on Madrid ground and to scousers they said fuck you!

Ok I think I'm a wee bit overexcited

Back
Top Bottom