We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fighting fire with fire. I pressed a button, you demanded I wind my fucking neck in and called me a cockwomble. On very shaky superior high ground here my man.

You’re correct that we’ve both made our points though. And we’ll not agree. Let’s just leave it there yeah? We’ve a final to look forward to.

Bring on that final my friend. Sorry, feel like a cunt now. Apologies

Pipes' post above made no sense is why. Tired of reading fidel's posts mate, nothing but negative bollocks, but easy to crow now. Glad you enjoyed it, but it's just hypocrisy from him as far as I'm concerned.

Each to their own I guess...there's a lot of gems on here posted by people but I guess ignore is the best way to deal with those that annoy...although some are hilarious to laff at

RAWK again:

“No matter what happens, our opponents will be not just first timers, but first timers with the added ‘what a dream to even be here’ factor that we had last season. They will have a certain freedom because of that. They will have nothing to lose.

So how do we take a team with nothing to lose, and make sure that they lose everything, nonetheless?

We become that bastard, stubborn, resolute and impossible to breach Liverpool that’s been so dominant this season. We spoil, we ruin, we let them expend their energy. We understand that the longer the game remains even, the more likely we are to win it. We understand that the more they come at us, the more likely they are to be open at the back. We realise that teams are often at their most vulnerable when they’re at their most positive – a counter attack, a cool finish, a ‘first chance of the night against the run of play’ taken, and reality comes crashing in on the power of hope and dream.

And then, if they have any fight left in them, we take the sting out of the game. We keep possession when necessary. Take the ball when necessary. Defend deep when necessary. Foul the young ingenue out of the game when necessary. We do whatever is necessary. And when our opponent pauses, in the flurry of his youthful intensity, that’s when we plunge our hidden knife deep, deep, deep into a heart that was just not broken enough to fight men like us.

And our hand of death, in twisting the knife, will show every bit of the hard-won skill and ability which lies behind our ruthlessness.

The crushing embrace of inevitability overcomes them. An Icarussing of our opponents: “Who were we, to reach so high? Did we really dare to raise ourselves to the redness of that Liverpool sun? How nice to have flown, but how inevitable that our pale wings should melt, and we should come crashing down into the sea, here, where it’s cool. Here, where gravity doesn’t pull us down anymore. Here, where we belong.”

We do that not because we are cruel – but because this is not a game to us. This is not a beautiful journey. This is who we are. This is what we do.

This is our destiny.

Dreams are beautiful. Dreams give you wings.

But destiny is the sun.

And the sun is red.”

What is wrong with these cunts? Seriously. And they don’t understand why every single fan in England hates them? They’re demented. And their hubris is going to bite them on their fat, shit poetry, GOT, arrogant arses. Simply the most disgusting fan base out there. They haven’t been champions for 30 years. Who the fuck are they? Christ they’ve finished behind us 8 out 10 seasons in the league. My word, who do they think they are? And what Spurs’ fan would commit the vomit above to the internet? Jesus Christ. Are they all on spice and white lightening?

Spirit of Shankly my arse. He’d be ashamed of their fans today.

Pipes' post above made no sense is why. Tired of reading fidel's posts mate, nothing but negative bollocks, but easy to crow now. Glad you enjoyed it, but it's just hypocrisy from him as far as I'm concerned.
FidelCastro guy is one of the better posters on this forum. If you think its negative bollocks, you are reading them wrong.

Back to work yesterday and all I done was sing to myself "oh what a night" got me through a long day in recovery mode after running around Dam square like a 5 year old the passion from the crowd Wednesday night will live with me and my son forever COYS we can do this

No idea about him, but I did.
When I was a kid, if the nuns at school had explained Catholicism to me in terms of being a Spurs supporter, I think I might have understood what they were banging on about.

Half time Whatsapp between my daughter and me...

T7KuHhN.jpg

I believe it was not wearing the lucky socks that did the trick.
Amazing

pipes Joe Clash Joe Clash

I was watching in the pub when I got a message from the missus you lad is not taking it well. So I message him you 'got to believe:. He replied' no point'. I said 'football is a funny old game and things can happen.' He replied 'not to us' . Then the first went in 'hope'. Then the second and the family WhatsApp group was flying with :come on's' and 'we can do this.' Then the winner and I replied 'never give up.: What's the point of this typical family reaction. Well it's to illustrate people are different and take football way to seriously. My son adores the spurs but had given up and yet he basically 50% me. I didn't give up. That doesn't make me a better fan just makes me different. Seriously we are through to the final. Who gives a shite on who melted. You are both brilliant posters so let's do this 'come on you Spurs'
But surely there's a difference between not seeing how we can win a game and repetitiously posting, mid game, how shit our players are, how the managers tactics suck, how crap the team is and how everyone has let the fans down?
I get your analogy, totally, about you and your son and agree wholeheartedly - but did he go onto a spurs site and piss everyone off with constant negativity?
That's really the nub of the matter. If you don't have anything good - or worthwhile to say, then why come on line and make committed fans feel even worse than they already are doing, - who benefits from that?

I'm not sure that this is set up to be an on line emotional grief counseling service to to spineless whiners, or self appointed experts with all the answers.

I did a post ages ago and can’t find the fucker now, how I treat spurs like you would your own kid, of course they can frustrate you that’s life.

I can just imagine how some of these would behave at their own kids football matches, swearing at their own teams players, the ref and giving their son a thick ear for missing a penalty, that’s not support in any sense of the word
This is what you said earlier.

"I am supporting Ajax now as my Brain and Heart will not be able to take a final against those pricks"

You would support teams that play against us. That is way way worse than someone melting . Then you call out others for not matching your seriously rubbish standard of support.

But surely there's a difference between not seeing how we can win a game and repetitiously posting, mid game, how shit our players are, how the managers tactics suck, how crap the team is and how everyone has let the fans down?
I get your analogy, totally, about you and your son and agree wholeheartedly - but did he go onto a spurs site and piss everyone off with constant negativity?
That's really the nub of the matter. If you don't have anything good - or worthwhile to say, then why come on line and make committed fans feel even worse than they already are doing, - who benefits from that?

I'm not sure that this is set up to be an on line emotional grief counseling service to to spineless whiners, or self appointed experts with all the answers.
Really Who Gives A FUCK Were Through. I VE BEEN SMILING all week

That video is the gift that keeps giving! I've watched it now at least 15 times and done some fairly brutal editing on it to put a variety of music to it - and still every time the tears appear.
It doesn't matter what music I put to it the results always the same. I swear I could put a George Formby track on and it would be just the same! (for the youngsters, Google 'Leaning on a Lampost' - he was the 50's version of Ed Sheerhan).
Anyway try this for size. It's the second half and post match only (if you really want to watch the Ajax half - its out there somewhere), edited down a bit and with one of the greatest ballads ever sung. If you can't be arsed to watch it all, click in at about 2 minutes.

Awesome job. Thank you

This is what you said earlier.

"I am supporting Ajax now as my Brain and Heart will not be able to take a final against those pricks"

You would support teams that play against us. That is way way worse than someone melting . Then you call out others for not matching your seriously rubbish standard of support.

Adsy old chap I said that was me being dramatic in the moment, surely you know I wasn’t serious? Come on now! I was on the field when we drew with Wimbledon in 1999, I was there when Dean Marney scored a hat trick and it felt like we won the title! Great times!

Back
Top Bottom