We need to talk about THST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should THST merely apologise publicly, or mark their new irrelevance by disbanding entirely?

• Public apology

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Disband

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • Let them eat cheese

Votes: 24 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's some weird cunts that frequent this website.

Mostly self entitled, little fucking Englander's who have never experienced the pain and humiliation of relegation, going to Liverpool and getting mothered 7-0 or indeed hiring that bald headed cunt Gross, who if it wasn't for Klinsmann that season we would have been mucking about with the likes of Rochdale the following campaign.

I give not two fucks about the THST who are as effective as a fucking ashtray on a motorcycle, full of self importance and have as much influence as a fart in a jam jar.

So can we lock this thread and return to reveling in Jose's and the red half of Manchester's misery please.

:dierno:

Load of old bollocks really. Most Spurs fans boycott the first round of the League Cup anyway.

23k for Barnsley at Wembley last season of which a whopping total of 20k were Spurs. Tickets were £20-25?

90% of the fans giving THST grief on Twitter for not encouraging fans to 'support the club' won't be at the game anyway. The usual 'don't do as i do, do as i say' brigade who like to be the most outraged on social media.

The link THST News - August 2018 posted by Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor is interestering, thanks for posting.

So... They have now asked Poch to a meeting to explain our transfer business...

The fact that THFC was the only club in Europe’s top five leagues not to make any signing inevitably attracted comment. Our manager’s remarks about the cost of building the stadium having an impact on our ability to compete in the transfer market also appeared to be at variance with the chairman’s assurance, given on a number of previous occasions, that this would not be the case. All this meant we thought it would be useful for supporters to be updated.

We’ve received no formal response from the Club Board. Instead they have told us that this is Mauricio Pochettino’s department. So we have invited Mauricio to attend our October Board to Board meeting to cover this part of Club business.

The link THST News - August 2018 posted by Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor is interestering, thanks for posting.

So... They have now asked Poch to a meeting to explain our transfer business...

The fact that THFC was the only club in Europe’s top five leagues not to make any signing inevitably attracted comment. Our manager’s remarks about the cost of building the stadium having an impact on our ability to compete in the transfer market also appeared to be at variance with the chairman’s assurance, given on a number of previous occasions, that this would not be the case. All this meant we thought it would be useful for supporters to be updated.

We’ve received no formal response from the Club Board. Instead they have told us that this is Mauricio Pochettino’s department. So we have invited Mauricio to attend our October Board to Board meeting to cover this part of Club business.

Oh FFS

Please can they just fuck off

Who the fuck do they think they are

The Daniel Levy arse kissing brigade in action again. Why don't you just setup a thread called "we think the sun shines out of Daniel Levy's backside" and put all of these opinions there?

I really don't understand the love in he gets on here at times. Yes, I appreciate he isn't the dildo brothers and other poor chairmen you can list, but he doesn't have the Midas touch. We are moving forward in a positive manner, he has had a hand in this, but he still needs to be held accountable.

You need a voice to put over the concerns of the supporters to the club otherwise individual complaints can be dismissed easily. If nothing is said then Danny boy thinks he has carte blanche to do what he wants, when he wants.

If all the THST hears are complaints, then complaints is all that is going to be put forward to the board.

There are plenty of things I don't agree with the THST about, but I don't see you giving up your time to help your fellow supporters....

I think there should be a body in place to represent us supporters on the board of a club, until that happens then we are stuck with THST.

I think we've flushed one of them out, lads.

Right, my Norwegian friend, which made up position do you have on the THST committee? Do you organise the bring and buy sale?

I've never bothered because of the all crap you receive. And the abuse used to be alot worse back in the day when they never challenged the club on anything.

I think one of the main reason why England is one of the worst countries for vocal support at football games, is that English fans never seem to be able to agree on anything. People who try to get things going usually gets told to sit down and shut up, whether that's in the ground or any organization involving their own club.

Even stuff like "1882"(the fighting cock initiative, not the club's recent one) received loads of negative crap from people who didn't realised what is was about

The Trust is fine. If you want to change how the Trust is run, join and try to make changes. Or just ignore them, which is what many supporters do - they don't act like they speak for all fans.

It's run by good people with good intentions. Even if I don't agree with their concerns, they have the right to express them, and mostly they are just looking out for the average match going supporter, which is fine by me.

But clearly they should go eat cheese.

"If you don't like it then become a member" - no, how about if you don't like the criticsm from fans then next time be more measured and professional and don't come across like the sort of trust I would not want to consider associating myself with.
: ostrich:

Gotta say the whole "if you don't like it then join" idea is one of most absurd things I've ever seen. Imagine applying that logic to anything else in life...

"If you don't like the BNP, the join and try to make them less racist"

"If you don't like the way McD's taste, then get a job there and make it taste better."

"If you don't like Putin, then become a Russian citizen and vote him out"

"If you don't like Ahab's opinions, then engage him in conversation and change his mind."

None of these things are good ideas.

It’s not about rivalry, it’s about the bigger picture and not supporting this kind of thing happening to any football club. It’s not right and should never have happened.

We’re helping to legitimise them. I can understand why many fans of many clubs don’t like the idea of doing that, and can appreciate why many still boycott MK.

I agree with your feelings on the subject completely. My issue is with the trust using their official platforms to express their personal views.

Last edited:
I am regretting joining the trust a little while ago. This is not what I thought they were about, they should not be making statements like this, or their previous one, this does not represent me or how I feel at all.

I am regretting joining the trust a little while ago. This is not what I thought they were about, they should not be making statements like this, or their previous one, this does not represent me or how I feel at all.
Me too. They seem to be OK with doing surveys for trivial stuff like catering, but with big things like this, they didn't ask my opinion.

I am a bit taken back by some comments and the poll result,as somebody that did do the survey I thought it would be 90% in favour of switching the home game so the vext issue of a neutral ground did not come into play.
As a supporter that's seen us in the early rounds of the league cup in Gillingham Halifax Grimsby Chester Carlisle and many more I can't believe fans voted for a neutral ground.
The times are a changing with our support.
There is also a lot of hypocrisy within the fanbase too, as fans just don't bother to turn out for this competition and never have. At WHL the early round the stadium was half full, against West Ham last year how many were there? 15-20k???

Regarding the Trust what is utterly astonishing is they, THST, have temerity to do this based off of "personal choice"!!! WTF! ANYTHING they do shouldn't be about personal choice, it shouldn't be about indulging the agenda of one or two people. These people have been elected to represent a group of fans and therefore the wishes of those fans. It also further highlights the letter to Spurs following the summer transfer window, totally driven by a "personal agenda".

I don't like anything about MK Dons but feel it is my choice not to go to the game if I choose to. I don't see the relevance of this stance by the Trust. Also, as has already been pointed out, where does it stop, boycott every game that Dele is selected in the match day squad?

As a member of the THST I will send them an email letting them know how I feel and urge any member of the trust that shares this option to do the same.

Odd times.

They carried their agenda of ticket pricing (specifically with the new stadium) into their letter, which IMO was the main axe they had to grind. They went down the line of "paying the most expensive seats" line and mixed that with expectation. That's a big mistake and totally wrong to confuse the two.

The complaint about the prices is completely justified and should be a constant on the agenda, but here is the problem when holding a specific agenda, you look to twist everything you can to play that agenda (Levy Outers do this with EVERYTHING they don't like and it makes them look like mugs).

No problem with asking the club about signings or not, mainly because so many football supporters now believe buying a player means "improving", the media has manipulated this and so many are suckered in. So with so many supporters so misguided perhaps there is some justification to ask the question on their behalf. But it shouldn't be linked to ticket prices, it's separate and should be kept so.

At the time they wrote the letter I thought it was odd, I felt it didn't represent the majority of the individual board members. I follow them on Twitter and have seen some of their tweets regarding our policy, which was at odds with the letter. It's almost like whoever wrote it went rogue.

It would be worth them perhaps saying it was poorly worded or admit they held a bias and got the wrong stick to beat the club up with.

I've never bothered because of the all crap you receive. And the abuse used to be alot worse back in the day when they never challenged the club on anything.

I think one of the main reason why England is one of the worst countries for vocal support at football games, is that English fans never seem to be able to agree on anything. People who try to get things going usually gets told to sit down and shut up, whether that's in the ground or any organization involving their own club.

Even stuff like "1882"(the fighting cock initiative, not the club's recent one) received loads of negative crap from people who didn't realised what is was about
Some truth in that. Though paradoxically I would say that the disorganisation is also one of the plus points of English football. The spontaneity of the atmosphere gives it a different feel to ultras-led atmospheres abroad. Maybe it makes for a worse atmosphere for some games, such as home games when you're expected to win, but also (IMO, and having watched football in various countries) a better atmosphere at others- like last night's. In my view there is something a bit humdrum about singing led by a conductor which doesn't reflect what's going on on the pitch. Not saying ultras culture is always like that, but that's it at its worst (just like a silent Wembley versus Bournemouth is our supporter culture at its worst).

I agree with you about the trust though. Whether right or wrong (and I tend to agree with what Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 wrote) at least they are doing something and putting hard work into it.

It’s not about rivalry, it’s about the bigger picture and not supporting this kind of thing happening to any football club. It’s not right and should never have happened.

We’re helping to legitimise them. I can understand why many fans of many clubs don’t like the idea of doing that, and can appreciate why many still boycott MK.

Who’s supporting ‘this kind of thing happening’? Playing one game at a shitty club is hardly a hearts and flowers endorsement of their moody history. If we don’t want to legitimise them then we shouldn’t be buying their players as benjomess benjomess mentioned.

Whether people like it or not (and I don't), MK Dons are a part of the English football ecosystem. There is no way to spend money on the English game without contributing to them. They get solidarity payments from the Premier League you contribute to if you subscribe to Sky or watch a game at the pub. They get transfer fees for the likes of Dele and training fees whenever an ex-academy player is sold on, transfers funded by us. A portion of cup ticket sales are redistributed to lower league sides, including MK Dons. It's unavoidable. And to boycott a Spurs game over it is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom