We need to talk about THST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should THST merely apologise publicly, or mark their new irrelevance by disbanding entirely?

• Public apology

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Disband

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • Let them eat cheese

Votes: 24 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Their Twitter bio changed yesterday from...

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust. Officially recognised by @SpursOfficial. Ensuring fans voices are heard on key issues at Club & national level.

To....

‘We must always consider our supporters, for without them there would be no professional football.’ Bill Nicholson.

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust. Officially recognised by @SpursOfficial. Ensuring fans voices are heard on key issues at Club & national level.

To....

‘We must always consider our supporters, for without them there would be no professional football.’ Bill Nicholson.
That seems... unnecessary.

To be fair, I've always thought the trust came across well whenever they've been on the pod. It's a shame to see them put so many fans' noses out of joint on this one.

To....

Jesus

Not just this one. Asking Daniel Levy to explain transfer policy was also stupid and sad. In my opinion the trust can't help but put it's foot in it's mouth at almost every opportunity.

Flabbergasted to also see that two of the board member's day jobs are PR and Communications.
Excuse me what?

And they act like this?

Not just this one. Asking Daniel Levy to explain transfer policy was also stupid and sad. In my opinion the trust can't help but put it's foot in it's mouth at almost every opportunity.

Flabbergasted to also see that two of the board member's day jobs are PR and Communications.
I think the transfer policy one was trying to be representative of a lot of Spurs fans' complaints on the transfer window (and possibly contacting them about it).

Was surprising to see them come out with a statement about it though. Raising a question about it in the next board-trust meeting would have sufficed, especially given there is no way in hell the club will respond right now.

Not going to go too much into it, but others pointed out politics potentially getting in the way inappropriately. It does seem that perhaps certain members of the trust have that further-left-union-y mentality would doesn't lend itself well to this situation.

As someone of the "left-union" mentality/leaning I'd say that how the trust is acting right now should not be a reflection of that. This is just acting spoiled.

Going with a public statement like this is something a union would do only in the most dire of situations. Like you said what most unions would do is bring it up at the next possible meeting and trying to solve it that way.

This is just the Trust board acting without thinking
Fair enough. It was certainly the 'boycott' aspect that made me feel the politics were creeping in a bit.

Like you said, extreme measures that perhaps demonstrate a lack of judgement more than anything else.

I think the transfer policy one was trying to be representative of a lot of Spurs fans' complaints on the transfer window (and possibly contacting them about it).
Reading the meltdowns in the transfer window, I’d say it was very reflective of the views of the majority who posted in that thread.

Not that I agreed with the statement or the melts

Why?
Without the fans the club is nothing. Daniel Levy is nothing.
Under the circumstances it seemed a very legitimate question to ask.

I don't know why they continue to put their feet in their mouths.

Agreed the club is nothing without the fans. Daniel Levy is a very rich man he doesn't need the club or the fans.

What circumstances? We made a bid for Grealish and that was turned down. Poch said he was OK, melts on a few forums need to stop thinking they are owed any explanations by the club, they're not.

lol a child started this thread.

There are many reasons why a team does well or doesn't do well. If the season had started badly, would the opposite have been said? You have absolutely no clue what is going on and presumably THST would have a slightly more informed view.

So, you sitting at home and ranting on a forum is peak manchild and for all intents and purposes, shouting in the wind. If you cared enough, you would reach out to THST, but you're lazy- and lazy people change nothing.
No, a Scot did, though.
:troll:

Technically the club would be fine without the fans.
Premier plus TV money is so much!
TV money would dry up overnight if the fans weren't there mate.
It's the passion and commitment of supporters up and down the land that drives the revenue streams.
You can't get away from it. Without the fans football, and Spurs, would become irrelevant and unnatractive.

Back
Top Bottom