West Brom VS Tottenham Hotspur 3.2.13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watched a foreign stream so need some confirmation... how many points are we behind Chelsea now?

The win today puts us 1 point behind Chelsea, had we lost we would be 4 points behind Chelsea, and believe it or not if we drew, we would be 3 points behind

Well done Gareth Bale. Really dominated the game today like we often want him to. He was everywhere and a fucking beaut goal too.

Thought lennon was quite quiet today and why does parker always look so nervous with the ball at his feet?

Yeah, I suppose the points are important.

But it is worrying that we hardly make the keeper save anything in so many of our matches (except for Bale recently), I mean 17 fucking corners and not a single chance created from any of them.

Our last two transfer windows have been heavily criticized (some fair, some not) but it must be said we've made some great signings. Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele, and Holtby (maybe being presumptuous but he certainly looks a player) are guys that can lead your team sheet for years to come. Plus, if Adebayor comes back to last year's form and Sigurdsson is still young. Overall, we've done good work IMO.

In regards to this year, we'll go as far as Bale takes us. When he plays like this we are a different team. However, he still has the tendency to disappear from time to time.

Good win I thought.

I think we put in a decent amount of balls into the box... Shame we have no one with the skill / nous to get on the end of them. What we could do with a Dzeko-type of player...

This is dire, apart from Bale's goal.

We've been poor for the last month, I hope the team can sort it out and play with some fucking urgency and determination, too much flimsy unthreatening passing moves, going nowhere, crosses to empty air in the penalty area.

Seriously wtf are you expecting?

Hardly anyone ever gets a result away from home in PL - we are going to finish 4th, only behind the three teams in the league with virtually unlimited resources.

This is pretty much as good as it gets, so if you aren't mildly content with it then you may as well give up.

People moaning: WBA have the best home record in the league this season apart from Everton, United and City.

Let's celebrate the cracking performances of Lewis, Bale, and Hugo rather than focusing on the negatives?

COYFS!

Our last two transfer windows have been heavily criticized (some fair, some not) but it must be said we've made some great signings. Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele, and Holtby (maybe being presumptuous but he certainly looks a player) are guys that can lead your team sheet for years to come

I agree and concur wholeheartedly with what this gentleman says!

Makes you realise that we've pretty much bought ourselves a new Spine in little under a year!

At one point Holtby lofted a diagonal ball to the edge of the area, brought back fond memories of VDV.

I thought the amount of tempting crosses that just sailed across the front of the goal and out the other side was simply scandalous.

Parker looks like he's not entirely in control of what he's doing. Though his enthusiasm went some way to making up for that.

I agree and concur wholeheartedly with what this gentleman says!

Makes you realise that we've pretty much bought ourselves a new Spine in little under a year!

Yeah I was just thinking about it now and it's pretty remarkable how well we've retooled after potentially crippling losses this offseason. You summed it up perfectly, "a new spine".

At one point Holtby lofted a diagonal ball to the edge of the area, brought back fond memories of VDV.

I thought the amount of tempting crosses that just sailed across the front of the goal and out the other side was simply scandalous.

Parker looks like he's not entirely in control of what he's doing. Though his enthusiasm went some way to making up for that.

that was a fucking peach of a ball. didn't just find the player but put it into space for lennon to run into

Cracking result. West Brom have been immense at home this season so to get 3 points there is a god send. Now we can really push on. I think the Defoe injury will be a blessing in disguise, he has been off form recently and it will force us to play someone else. Any one else.

Popov sending off was spot on, would have been disappointed with one of our players for doing that. They were always going to shut up shop after that and make it hard for us to break them down, we have struggled against sides that have done that all season, we did well today and actually had a few chances.
Ben Foster made some pretty good saves from Dempsey, Bale and Holtby.

To say we didn't create chances would be a gross misinterpretation of the facts, and to say our players were not committed to getting the result would be even worse.

Get some perspective people, we are undefeated in 9 games, playing some lovely stuff, looking very strong for fourth, and still have games at home to decide our fate against City and Woolwich.

We are Tottenham Hotspur and we can and will do this.

didn't realise that. Heard a stat yesterday that everton have only lost to chelsea at home this season, so maybe more draws than wba?

Just checked, WBA had 7-2-2 and Everton 6-6-1

So basically Sky Sports were chatting shit, again! :avbfacepalm:

But still, decent home form!!

Back
Top Bottom