West Ham Knuckle Dragging Pikeys v Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 23rd November 12-30 : Live from Billy Smart’s Circus Tent.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When’s the last time you seen dele have so many touches in a half of football than that? Never mind anything else. I’m loving this

Really pleasing half:
We controlled this half, something we haven't done for ages! Bar a couple of realy poor balls given away by Dier they haven't been able to get at us other than one effort for Haller after about 15mins.
Early tempo (first 15mins) was really good, pressing high from front four and winning the ball back regularly.
Some good repeated patterns of play too with Kane running behind onto a through ball between FB and CB.
Dele is absolutely ON FIRE!!! Finding pockets of space, playing lovely balls for those ahead of him and he's pressing the shit out of them when not on the ball, best player on the pitch that half.

The middle part of that game was a bit flat early tempo had been lost and West Ham had a bit more of the ball, didn't do much with it though. Still, need to stop the cross coming in but so far it's been from very deep so low percentage but thankful to some good defending from Aurier and Sanchez.

So we are 4-2-3-1, Dier and Winks both deep but this has enabled freedom for our front four. Dier hasn't been great on the ball but positionally without it he's been excellent and has tracked almost everything West Ham have tried.

Interesting that we haven't played out from the back once and had Gazza go long on almost every time, quite like it for a change and I think it;'s surprised West Ham too, it's meant they've had to drop deep and up top their forwards have nothing to press.

Roberto is so bad, I love it :sonlol:We've played some really fluid and exciting stuff, Dele's touch while on the ground to keep play going at the goal was the kind of thing we've been missing from him.

I think we can get away with calling that 'rusty' for a few games. Then we can call it shite; but if it works, then it works!
Agree. Dier has looked VERY rusty at some points. At other times he’s looked like the DM Mou wants. He’s going to get a run of games.

Back
Top Bottom