West Ham - League cup game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DNAaW7-XUAA34_w

:dembelelol:

I get the idea of treating the bigger competitions as far more important. But we haven't won a trophy in a decade and the only trophies we've won in nearly 30 years are the League Cup - twice. I am tired of hearing "it's only the League Cup" like it doesn't matter. It is silverware and in the second half we played with an unacceptable complacency given the players that were on the field. We have not won enough trophies that we can play with that sort of arrogance. Especially as this squad have won no trophies for us as yet. It frustrates me when I hear fans talking about winning the title and then I see this from the players. This is not a game where West Ham played out of their skin and thoroughly deserved it. They won it because we strolled around in second gear after half time and thought that was all it took to win the game. For that reason I am very unhappy with the players tonight, very disappointed by the result and don't agree that it doesn't matter. This is a game we don't have an excuse for losing.

I wouldn't give a shit about winning league cup.

Because we win so much silverware it would rank alongside the Costa del Sol Trophy in our honours list.

We haven't won a fucking thing in near on 10 years. There used to be a comedy website that counted the seconds since Arsen*l had won anything, Facebook was full of teenagers posting hilarious memes such as this...

BDPbGa8CUAAJKrR.jpg

How we laughed out loud out loud out loud. Thing is, they've won it three fucking times since then, we havent troubled the engravers for 26 cunting years.

The League Cup is the ONLY thing that Ledley won with us. Teddy Sheringham didn't win a single fucking thing. Let that sink in.

The way some of you lot carry on you'd think we were Real Madrid or Bayern Munich, struggling to remember exactly what we'd won such was the wealth of shiny trophies in our museum

If everyone cares about this cup so much why didn't more of you show up, there was 35 k capacity last night that sums up how this cup is viewed. Can't believe the reaction to this loss coming off the week we've had and the position we're in. Its almost as if some of you have been waiting for this type of result to come in the league or champs but as it hasn't, have seized on the opportunity to make a massive deal about this shit competition nobody cares about until they're in the final.
I was there.
The reason myself and many of my mates are pissed off is because who it was against,not the cup itself.
Now i know for many the hammers come way down the list of teams to dislike,but i have had many many experiences with the people that follow them,so never miss a chance to bask in a victory over them(I went mental when our ladies beat their ladies at the Lane back in May...)
Sadly,despite promising early signs i cant do that this morning.
Hence why have the effing hump!

Last edited:
Utterly fcuking sickening that we lost this game.

It still rankles as a lost opportunity to not a very good side when we were 2 up and at home.

Just wrong.

Oh go away, I'm struggling to even remember who scored for us in the whatever it's called cup. Why would a genuine Spurs fan still be bothered about this when we're joint 2nd in the PL and have just taken 4 points off Real Madrid and qualified for the last 16 of the CL? Deserves a second yellow for bumping up this thread.

How is focussing on the biggest European trophy lowering the bar? Why do the majority of Utd fans want Pochettino as their manager? Why has Mourinho’s achievement in winning the Europa league and the coconut cup, done so little to satisfy their fans? Why do they all want to see Utd play like we do? - Because in today’s game they are seen as 2nd class tournaments. Pochettino is raising the bar - any idiot can see that. Do you honestly think Poch would be coveted by the great Manchester United if he’d finished 7th and won last years’s league cup?

You’re an idiot and your ‘little array of fans’ comment was puerile and unnecessary.
Always need perspective. I try to always walk in the other persons shoes and from Notsobadsquad perspective his bar is set quite high.
CGPa3.gif

I can see the aftermath of this match...
We beat them 4-0, and in the weeks following they will Koln the forum with comments like:

"Yeah.....yeah, well we had a massive firm and just walked Willy Nilly to the station after the game ..........surrounded by police"

"Only Spurs I saw were dads and kids. None of them wanted it"

"We got there 15 hours early. All the pubs were empty...none of you lot showed up"

:nawty:

I've always liked the League Cup. Love those 2 legged semis under lights. Who could forget 5-1 v Goons? Probably the loudest I've ever heard at the Lane. And the 5-1 v Chavs and the ref sending off the wrong player lol.
Way back in time I remember Wolves '73.

2008 final is a great memory. I got pissed off with Poch for sending the first XI out to play an away Europa tie only a few days before the Final against Mourniho's Chavs, who handily had a clear week. We beat them 5-3 in the league a few weeks earlier, but the Europa completely blew our chances and we never turned up.

Wet Spam can't afford to pay their strongest team against us - they are in a relegation scrap and need results against Brighton and Palace. I look forward to a rotated team beating them.

One more tie after this, and we're in the semis. COYS!!!!!!

Hey guys!
We are besiktas fans but spurs is our team in UK. We are in London now and we were planning to watch the game but apparently to buy the tickets we need to signup to the website before the first of September. We still wanna go is there any way you guys can help us somehow? Would be great!

CT683817_942long.jpg

"COME ON THE BESIKTAS.... YOU FINK IM GOIN SAAAAFF OF ISTANBUL THIS TIME OF DAY GUVNA, YOUR AVIN A BUBBLE"

Please. Dembele can't be relied on for more than 30 games a season now. Possibly 20.

Can we please limit him to matches against the top 6 and CL matches (excluding dead rubbers that Appoel might be), and top it up with away matches at Cat B teams.

Sticking him in tonight - why risk Noball kicking lumps out of him out of spite? Sunderland away last season, almost had his knee sliced off. Pros know how good he is.

:dembele:

Back
Top Bottom