West Ham - League cup game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who gives a shit it’s the league cup. So what if west ham win they’re going to get eliminated sooner then later. I’d rather we rest our players for the champions league and Man U

Tottenham should fucking care.

I'd be fucking fuming if I was Pochettino and I witnessed this shit storm of a second half. 2-0 up against West Ham at home in a game that would see us through to the quarter finals of a cup?

I’ll miss the half empty stadiums and a fully rotated squads. This Kangaroo cup is utter shite and isn’t taken seriously by EVERY club including the championship sides (Wolves made 8 changes against City the other night). When this sponsor leaves it’s future will yet again be put in doubt and may not even exist. I’ll bet it’s dead in 5yrs or so.

Last nights game has just improved our chances of winning the League. Those harping on about Trophies are out of step with this competition, no club is interested in it, if they were they wouldn’t rotate and stadiums would be full. This is the truth that has to be dealt with.

In addition the result helps with our focus and attitude to games. What better game, a game that has no consequence, to learn a lesson of over-confidence, it will act as a reminder that to win a game no matter how easy it might appear it only takes a goal and things can change. It’s great preparation for CL, FA Cup (which is very important cup) and Premier League.

They beat Chelsea last year at the same stage, whilst the Chavs went on to win the League, having had their schedule cleared, West Ham were still fighting relegation right up to 3 games to go.

They will still be fighting relegation this year. That performance in the first half by them was one of the worst performances I’ve witnessed from any side. That is NOT a side playing for their Manager. Until their goal they were just as bad (ability and attitude the same as first half) it was the goal, not Bilic that got their tails up. That side is shite, when they lose at the weekend, and they will, they will drop into the relation zone and likely to remain there until the final couple of games. All this turning point bollocks stuff I’m hearing this morning is utter tripe.

I believe the next round of the kangaroo cup is played around the 20th December!!! We play Man City on the 16th a game that could be a title decider. Thank fuck it gives us a chance to recover and prepare for a game in the PL at the busiest time of the year, a time if year where we have excelled under Poch playing every 3 days (we also play WHU on 30th, they will be dead on their feet by then as I’ve never seen such a slow unfit side).

Final word on Poch and the narrative being built, saying he didn’t care about winning it. He selected a side to win the game and we were cruising, if he didn’t care then he would have left Eriksen on the bench, he brought him on to turn the game! Poch has called our priorities, this isn’t a priority, but he still put out a team to win the game and made changes to get us back in the game. Back to the top, this Cup isn’t a priority for any club in it, the empty stadiums and rotated teams is all the proof you need.

Oh not this again.......its Millwall all over again...One team barely giving a toss about playing some crap team, and the other planing for weeeeeeeeeks and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks about how they will:
Bring ten million fans
Take over every pub in a 75 mile radius
Buy up every home ticket going
Take over the whole stadium
The police wont have a clue because "we are different to the average hardnut"
etc
etc
etc

Fuck all will happen, other than we will beat them with our C Team, and then they will go home.

Yesterday: Lamela is back in training. Phew, thank god he can walk again and I hope we see him back soon.
Today: WTF WHY CAN'T HE PLAY I WANT THE TRUTH THIS TIME!?!

Just chill the fuck out good lord.

Apparently Noble held a "player meeting" yesterday to try and psyche up the Hammer squad.

alHvQT.gif

Longest drought without a trophy since WW2.

We're better then that.

Ffs.

Stop repeating media shite, it only serves to give it 'weight'.

The media want us to go back to being a nice little cup side, one that rarely troubles the big boys, doesn't care challenge for anything important but every now and then get a day out at Wembley.

We've had enough 'days out' this season to last a lifetime and it really ain't all that. Poch has his eyes on bigger prizes but some fans are still too 'small time' and think we're only capable of a domestic cup.

With that kind of thinking....

The new idea is that Spurs have to walk before they can run, win the Caribou or Woolwich Cup before being able to win the PL or the CL. More nonsense, bullshit thinking.

I was there last night, I'm disappointed we lost especially as we looked so comfortable at half time. This Sat we have a big game with an even bigger one to follow.

West Ham in the Caribou Cup is small fry by comparison and always will be.

Just brought my ticket in block 112 row 12 nearest to away pikeys. COYS taking me old man he is a hardcore firm type of fan who always wants to smash any of our rivals fans heads in or just abuse away fans regardless who lol i love bringing him to matches

That is utterly embarrassing.

The lknd of result that stops you from ever havong confidence we can win anything.

I coiuld not give a flying fcuk if we win on Saturday and we won't because losses like that reveal a fcuking mental weakness that lies there just waiting to rear its fcuking head.

Comlpletely beyond words.

Sorry no change at this place.
Shut up you cunt

Yes I do believe it could really affect us.
It is thecway in which you lose in whatever competition tbat can sometimes do more damage that might at first seem apparent.

A club like ours wirh aspirations cannot lose games like that.

It should not happen because when it does it says small club.

How many games had we been unbesten in up until tonight?

We were very nearly at the point of being taken seriously. Now gone.
We've been taken seriously for 3 years. Tonight changes nothing. Real Madrid took us seriously. Man United will do on Saturday. Who gives a fuck what others think anyway?

You're having a shocker here mate. Just chill out.

Small time mentality

We have won fuck all in a decade and counting. Winning LC/FAC and a midtable finish is better than finishing second without winning anything.

In grand scheme of things 2nd place is just as good as 17th place, no difference. But winning an actual trophy counts for something.

Well that's funny......because the last time we won the league cup both Berbatov and Keane wanted to leave to play Champions League football

A few months later we were rock bottom of the league with 2 points from 8 games

Would people of swapped our 3rd place finish in 15/16 for a Europa finish and a win against Woolwich in the league cup? Or last seasons 2nd place finish for a Europa finish and a win against Liverpool in the league cup?

Of course its all if, buts and maybe's but the point is, we lost to Woolwich 2 years back and smashed City a few days later which was seen as a season changing event. Breaking the Top 4 stranglehold in the league is the most important thing Poch has done for this club.

I'm gutted and want to win a trophy as much as the next person but anyone saying they would rather finish 6th and win a league cup, no you wouldn't! You're just angry we lost and you are not thinking straight. You'd be more upset when we lose Hugo, Toby, Eriksen, Dele, Kane, Dier and Rose to Champions league teams than you are today because we lost one game to West Ham. (And this will happen if we fall down the league)

That isn't to say that its impossible to do both, and we should still of won yesterday anyway. However Poch is absolutely right to prioritise Saturday over yesterday. Stop caring about what opposition fans might be saying about us and just enjoy how far we've come.

Also I agree that the whole 'bigger fish to fry' statement can be a bit snobby and i'd rather fry every fish too. However if your forcing me to throw away a nice bit of halibut or a can of tuna, i'm throwing away the tuna every time.

Back
Top Bottom