West Ham versus Tottenham Hotspur Sunday 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The omens aren't good for this. My best mate (West Ham) is coming over to watch this with me, we've lost the last three (maybe four) we've watched together.

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

flagellation-da-vinci-code.gif

You have to take one for the team, Bill.

cant-be-friends-anymore-mad.gif

Good time to play them in my opinion 2wins from last two from the favoured 11 and a chance for the players to start making amends from the last London derby horror shows.

We need to turn up, no excuses.

Need Skipp and PEH to be ready to put in the hard yards and Ndombele to work is magic.( Quite like Ndombele in a 10 and further up the pitch)

If we Lose will there be changes? Can't see it personally as it means the whole Paritici plan was a waste of time.

Jesus, even just reading that is depressing. Sit back and try and nick a win on the counter, against West Ham...

Fuck me how have we fallen this far in the space of 3 years.

Says more about the rise of Rice and that Moyes is doing a fantastic job.

We have dipped for sure but no PL team would see West Ham as a walk over at present. If so it would be the height of arrogance.

Last edited:
I'd feel iffy about this one if it was still Crapton Park, small pitch, stands next to the touch line etc.

Our pace with Son and Moura ought to give them big problems on that big pitch. Might check their home results v teams like us who can hit them hard on the break.
Blimey, I was away so didin't notice - I see they lost at home to..........Brentford?!?

That too was after El Thursday Nightio.

Maybe hit them hard from the off with the intention of getting ahead, and then transition quick and hit them on the break with our pace.

And to think that Brucee got £7m for being a failure. This manager's job is a piece of pish.

Right, I'm off to save the planet and invent a cure for the common cold.

Says more about the rise of Rice and that Moyes is doing a fantastic job.

We gave dipped for sure but no PL team would see West Ham as a walk over at present. If so it would be the height of arrogance.
But there is a ton of middle ground between seeing someone as a walkover, and feeling that the only chance you have is to sit and catch them on the break.

That's proper clogger stuff, I know it can be a valid tactic at the right time, but the right time is mostly when you see yourself as outclassed by the opposition.

They have improved, they have gone from absolute clowns to a pretty well organised Premier League side, had we even just maintained our level of 3 years ago we would be going into this game confident of playing our own game and getting 3 points .

The fact we are mainly saying a point would be good and we should be able to sit deep and hit them on the break is more because of our decline than their improvement imo.

And that is depressing.

I know it sounds churlish but yes, as long as we can get young Skipp to do half our star player's work and then on top of that if he feels like playing on that particular day...

But there is a ton of middle ground between seeing someone as a walkover, and feeling that the only chance you have is to sit and catch them on the break.

That's proper clogger stuff, I know it can be a valid tactic at the right time, but the right time is mostly when you see yourself as outclassed by the opposition.

They have improved, they have gone from absolute clowns to a pretty well organised Premier League side, had we even just maintained our level of 3 years ago we would be going into this game confident of playing our own game and getting 3 points .

The fact we are mainly saying a point would be good and we should be able to sit deep and hit them on the break is more because of our decline than their improvement imo.

And that is depressing.

We haven't got a midfield that can dominate and to be fair, Rice, particular and Soucek are very good.

I don't think many midfields would completely control them at present.

We did the right thing resting the entire "best" 11 knowing they'd put a decent team out. Leaving a lot of the "best" 11 at home too should mean they're fresher and have trained.

But I'll be at the end of my tether with this squad if they bottle this game. It's not the results in these games that bother me, it's the attitude problem. They look scared and they don't seem to want to be there at times.

We did the right thing resting the entire "best" 11 knowing they'd put a decent team out. Leaving a lot of the "best" 11 at home too should mean they're fresher and have trained.

But I'll be at the end of my tether with this squad if they bottle this game. It's not the results in these games that bother me, it's the attitude problem. They look scared and they don't seem to want to be there at times.

Yeah good point.

Let's show we want to compete.

Another no show would be very painful.

Again we need our star men of Kane, Ndombele and Son to stand up with solid performances.

Kane is England captain and knows the score so he plays a big part in the mentality of the team. Or at least he should..

Blimey, I was away so didin't notice - I see they lost at home to..........Brentford?!?

That too was after El Thursday Nightio.

Maybe hit them hard from the off with the intention of getting ahead, and then transition quick and hit them on the break with our pace.

And to think that Brucee got £7m for being a failure. This manager's job is a piece of pish.

Right, I'm off to save the planet and invent a cure for the common cold.
Watch it here

Well Santo has had 7 days to figure out a plan.

It's a great test of where we are, which for me is still looking for a way to get the best out of our squad.

However I view this it's getting past and through Rice that is the problem.

When we had Dembele and Wanyama in tandem I would say we could have suffocated Rice but the guy runs on Duracell and is just phenomenal right now.

What West Ham don't have is pace, so we can sit back and try to catch them on the break, which I think will represent our best chance, so I expect Son and Moura to be running off through balls from Kane and maybe from defence.

I would take our first draw and move on right now.
I think I have figured out Nuno's plan.... have the same first 11 whenever possible in the PL, get them to gel with familiarity with game time..... Play 4 2 3 1 system all the time.

Hope we get to January injury free, hope we get at least 2 more good first 11 type players then for cover. Go away quietly at the ned of the season with us in 6th position *fingers crosses*.

Be remembered for having not bad stats, and for caving in against the Arse Goons...

As for any cup matches, I don't have a clue what he's going to do other than continue with the second string shit that got beat 1-0 Vitesse yesterday by being a bunch of uninspiring useless cunts.

I predict a draw vs West Ham 2 2.

Last edited:
We haven't got a midfield that can dominate and to be fair, Rice, particular and Soucek are very good.

I don't think many midfield would control them at present.
They're 1 point and 2 places behind us in the league, have lost at home to Brentford and Man Utd (both behind us in the league) and failed to beat Palace (H) and Southampton (A) (also both behind us in the league) so far.

The trepidation ahead of this game is nothing to do with them being particularly good, it's to do with us having become so poor in comparison to the Poch years.

Had we maintained that level and they had improved beyond us, it wouldn't be so depressing, annoying yes, but the depressing part of it is our regression, and as a result of it they have only had to become half-competent to threaten to overtake us.

Well Santo has had 7 days to figure out a plan.

It's a great test of where we are, which for me is still looking for a way to get the best out of our squad.

However I view this it's getting past and through Rice that is the problem.

When we had Dembele and Wanyama in tandem I would say we could have suffocated Rice but the guy runs on Duracell and is just phenomenal right now.

What West Ham don't have is pace, so we can sit back and try to catch them on the break, which I think will represent our best chance, so I expect Son and Moura to be running off through balls from Kane and maybe from defence.

I would take our first draw and move on right now.
I can't wait to see what 7 days of stroking your beard and staring blankly into the middle distance can achieve...

:nunothumb:

this game will be very telling. Nuno has had enough time to figure out the best team and formation. Their attitude will reveal a lot imho.

Back
Top Bottom