West Ham versus Tottenham Hotspur Sunday 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They're 1 point and 2 places behind us in the league, have lost at home to Brentford and Man Utd (both behind us in the league) and failed to beat Palace (H) and Southampton (A) (also both behind us in the league) so far.

The trepidation ahead of this game is nothing to do with them being particularly good, it's to do with us having become so poor in comparison to the Poch years.

Had we maintained that level and they had improved beyond us, it wouldn't be so depressing, annoying yes, but the depressing part of it is our regression, and as a result of it they have only had to become half-competent to threaten to overtake us.
It’s also to do with the fact that it’s their cup match. They are going to be 101% up for it and neither the villa or the Newcastle games convinced me that we’ll have our lances ready for the joust in the first 15 mins of this fixture. Loads of talent, yes. Starting to gel, yes. Mentally strong, nope. Until we can shed that skin we aren’t getting through this with more than a draw.

But if Nuno does manage it and we give them a smashing and take the game to Man U, then I hope the Nuno out brigade give him a little bit of space.

Blimey, I was away so didin't notice - I see they lost at home to..........Brentford?!?

That too was after El Thursday Nightio.

Maybe hit them hard from the off with the intention of getting ahead, and then transition quick and hit them on the break with our pace.

And to think that Brucee got £7m for being a failure. This manager's job is a piece of pish.

Right, I'm off to save the planet and invent a cure for the common cold.
They have actually lost both games following Thursday games!

It’s also to do with the fact that it’s their cup match. They are going to be 101% up for it and neither the villa or the Newcastle games convinced me that we’ll have our lances ready for the joust in the first 15 mins of this fixture. Loads of talent, yes. Starting to gel, yes. Mentally strong, nope. Until we can shed that skin we aren’t getting through this with more than a draw.

But if Nuno does manage it and we give them a smashing and take the game to Man U, then I hope the Nuno out brigade give him a little bit of space.

It's not their Cup game.

They have actually lost both games following Thursday games!

Well we know what's coming then. Rice came off after 67 mins and Antonio did not play.

They will be up for it and are flying.

We have the players and the ability to give them a really good match but it's us.

Nobody has a clue which Tottenham turn up but to all those who want trends.

3 London Derbies, all away from home this season.

Our points total?

I'm still very coughy and chesty after a week
great...
No Way Reaction GIF

I love if you go on the Westham Kumb forum, all they ever talk about is how it’s our cup final. They honestly hate the fact we call it their cup final. It 100% is their cup final. No matter how shite they are, their pure obsession with us takes over and they perform like prime Barcelona, every single time. Would love nothing more than to beat these wankers but I just have no faith in this team

I think these are better than us at the minute, they have a better balanced squad with more depth imo but we have Kane and Son who can just win games and they don't have world class forwards like that. Much as I rate Antonio on his day.

If we can stop them on set pieces we can beat them, but in reality our set piece defending is shocking so I am really worried about shipping goals from corners and free-kicks.

I'd probably take a draw

Oh My God What GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

I watched them against Everton last Sunday on Sky tv. Set pieces seem to be something they're good at.
At their end though Andros Townsend gave them lots of problems with darting runs and quick crosses, Everton unlucky not to have scored from one of them.

If I was Nuno I'd tell the players to fire in lots of quick crosses. It's what Townsend did for Everton he kept cutting inside on the right whipping in diagonal balls.

Back
Top Bottom