Wet Spam v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 20.10.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good performance. We are never going to play our best football with our key players out but we scored a good goal and defended well for our clean sheet. You can’t ask for more in a banana skin fixture like this.

Today was the first match this season where the team didn’t look nervous at any stage, we just got on with it. With Son, Eriksen, Dembele and Alli in the mix from next week we will be ready to really start our season.

44529244_10215693789071872_6985604104663859200_n.jpg

Ah, scrappy 1:0 win. I'll take it!! At the end of the day 3 points to the table is all that matters.

For me the positives -
- Winks. Really good game. Always running, always looking around to find a free teammate. Cleaver turns. Won back the ball.
- Lamela. Whatta goal (!!) and was the brightest forward player on the field in 1st half. Hope his form will continue like this.
- Lloris. Clear MoM for me! Brilliant saves!
- Our fighting spirit. When it got more physical, we were up for it. Fought well and were alert.

Negatives -
- Moura's end product. He carried the ball phenomenally and gave some cleaver passes. But for god sake, after August he has not been able to put the last pieces to place. He could do so much more for us if he'd manage to put the chances away!!
- Fullbacks - Davies plays without confidence unfortunately :/ and Tripps was naive at the defending end unfortunately.

Somewhere in between -
- Sissoko. In minutes 0-20; 35-45; 45-55; 75-90 was good. Held the ball, ran, fought. But inbetween... in middle of the 1st half he lost ball quite badly and in 2nd half let Wet Spam attacker to fool him. And in decisive moments in 2nd half was not able to play passes in tight spaces. Generally his performance was on plus side, but still some quite visible issues.

Some strange opinions in here. We’re away from home against a team who always up their game for us. Due to injuries we couldn’t start with Eriksen, Dembele, Dele, Rose or Jan.

It’s never easy to win away from home, to think we’re just gonna go away from home against a side who spent close to 100mil in the summer, with our injury list and just destroy them is pretty self entitled.

Was always gonna be a close game today and we edged them out. It’s a great 3 points and something to be very happy about.

Up the spurs! Lamela looking mustard this season!

As I am work, I didn't see much of the game. Maybe we weren't that great, I don't know.Will decide when i see more of the match,but....
We won, against a team that always ups the anti against us. That will do, 3 points and a clean sheet.
And I can go to the birthday bash I am off to tonight with me head up :)

It is.

I'm just worried it'll catch up with us.
Sadly we won’t get credit for that. If that was the mob up the road or the dippers and it was near the end of the season and they were in with a shout of the league....”well played” or “win ugly” that’s what you have to do that’s what good teams do,you can hear the media love in coming out with that! Well fuck em we won,we won ugly we got 3pts
PVYvCpv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom