Wet Spam v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 20.10.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From what I saw of the 2nd half between about 100 buffering times, we got away with a hard earned 3 points. As far as I am aware no injuries or cards. Eriksen and Dembele are back but rested. Son, Aurier and Wanyama rested. great assist by sissoko and just hope he tries that more often rather than the short pass to give responsibility to someone else. Another Lamela goal.
Job done. Nothing else expected under circumstances of having Eriksen, Dembele, Son, Vertonghan and Dele all missing.

Lamela looks really happy at the moment. What is excellent is that it's two fringe players last season, Lamela and Lucas turning the screw whilst players like Son, Eriksen, Dele and Kane are yet to genuinely hit a purple patch. The importance of having good quality putting pressure on a starting position.

Can both hit 15-20 each in combined goals and assists each this year? Looking good for both to do so

Eriksen, Dele, Vertoghen, Rose, Wanyama...all out today. Dembele also not fully fit as didn't start? Arguably they are all starters, certainly the first three are for sure. These were big players to have missing. Just after an energy sapping international break too. Away against a team who is is normally more motivated than we are because of an unequal rivalry. Three points. Clean sheet. Closer to getting injured players back. At least two rivals dropped points already. The more I think about it the better this result is.

MotM for me either Lamela or Winks, with a friendly tussle of the hair and hearty pat on the back for Hugo and Sissoko.

I know it wasn't a classic, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Proper game of football.

Champagne moment (apart from the goal of course) was their embarassing bubble machine blowing its wad for a disallowed goal

YIDS

Dp9n_JyX0AAmVEO.jpg

I love that Moura can beat multiple guys, but he definitely holds onto it a little too long sometimes.

Still, beating 3 men (in a very physical league) is the hard part. :)

It's still relatively early doors in terms of his EPL minutes and is still learning the margins imvolved (Lamela was exactly the same). I've every confidence he'll get there.... He's hungry...He's already chasing and tackling better than when he arrived.

My biggest fear was that he'd prove a bit lightweight. Not a bit of it; the lad's got fire!

Harry’s Post Match Observations

1. Harry Winks has be come my current favorite Spur. The way he attacks open space is the main reason why. The rest of the team should emulate. Seems to be one of the few who know which direction the opposes goal is.
2. Sissoko assist to Lamela? Am I dreaming?
3. How many times did Kane and Lucas dribble right into the ankles of the defender today and lose possession? Geez.
4. Harry Winks is good
5. If Lamela had a right foot he’d be dangerous.
6. Solid today from Toby, Trips, and Hugo.
7. Harry Winks is good.
8. Llorrente on for Kane to seal the win?????
9. Harry Winks is good

So far we've had a period of time out injured or unavailable for Lloris, our second choice goalkeeper out at the same time, had to play our third choice goalkeeper, had Rose out, Aurier out, Vertonghen out, Wanyama out, Dembele, Dele, Son, Eriksen all out for a hefty period of time and many players out of form or exhausted after a non existent pre season and we sit on 21 points after 9 games.

Regardless of what anyone says the boys have really shown professionalism to the highest level and should be given praise with some many potential banana skins or wheels seemingly looking like they could fall off. 10 important players out across 9 games and we are where we are! Beat Man City and the cats well and truly amongst the pigeons

Back
Top Bottom