What is wrong

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remember how the players looked under AVB/Sherwood in 2013/14? They looked like total shit.

That side - Walker, Rose, Vertonghen, Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen, Lloris, Kane - was the core of our best team from 2015-2018 under Poch.

It's the manager.

A lot of people forget that. They think Poch inherited some great team, he didn’t he made many of those players play to the very limits of their talent. We are doing the opposite now, making players play as bad as possible.

Remember how the players looked under AVB/Sherwood in 2013/14? They looked like total shit.

That side - Walker, Rose, Vertonghen, Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen, Lloris, Kane - was the core of our best team from 2015-2018 under Poch.

It's the manager.
Hold on I’ve been told by the football masters that these players were already talented and Poch was lucky to have em

If’s more to do with Mourinho than the players.

Mourinho’s tactics are just so negative and defensive, and he’s ruthless about players making mistakes, shutting out players over and over again.

All they do is fucking defend, they have no structure when they move the ball forward, absolutely killed our passing game.

The compact shape we used to maintain under Poch is completely gone. The gap between the front 3 and the back 4 is so wide that everyone becomes prone to misplaced passes.

Jose has sucked the enthusiasm out of the players, I mean if I was going out to play expecting to defend for the majority of the time and get shut out Dele and Sanchez at one point if I made a mistake, I really wouldn’t be enjoying it.

Did anyone think starting any game (let alone an important European game)with a central midfield of Winks and sissoko would end well? Too many duds in the team and I can't see any point in keeping Jose any longer now. I was happy to give him a chance but it hasn't worked. The league cup final is still over a month away, the way we are playing now there's very little chance of winning that. Best get rid and try to have a bounce to salvage what's left this season

The players that need to go have been obvious for a long time

Lloris (piss poor form for several years and apparently club captain lol)

Davies (if used as a left back) pretty decent as a lcb but generally fucking useless

Winks - wtf has happened to this one time starlet who knows ask Mourinho

Doherty total shit acquisition Really who in there right mind is going let Walker Peters and Trippier leave to be replaced by the great Matt Doherty

Did anyone think starting any game (let alone an important European game)with a central midfield of Winks and sissoko would end well? Too many duds in the team and I can't see any point in keeping Jose any longer now. I was happy to give him a chance but it hasn't worked. The league cup final is still over a month away, the way we are playing now there's very little chance of winning that. Best get rid and try to have a bounce to salvage what's left this season
A central midfield of Winks and Sissoko actually was better than the midfield that finished the game.
How the fuck is that possible having spent the best part of £100 million on Ndombele and Lo Celso?
From top too bottom the entire scouting department at the club need replacing.
We have a massive problem at the club with the so called French mafia all 3 of them need fucking off they don't give a fuck and take the Welsh mafia with you as well.

Tomo Tomo and other Jose-Out backers, can we stay out of this thread so I can have enough data for my thesis? I don't need any outsider bias muddying my data.

If you were wondering, my thesis is on Obsessive Cockriding of Portuguese Men in their late 50's

Tomo Tomo and other Jose-Out backers, can we stay out of this thread so I can have enough data for my thesis? I don't need any outsider bias muddying my data.

If you were wondering, my thesis is on Obsessive Cockriding of Portuguese Men in their late 50's

Don’t worry I promise I will stay out and allow the natural wonders of cockriding. You may want to consider getting David Attenborough to narrate.

that poor midfield set the tone, from there zagreb got on top and got the confidence and we couldn't recover. sissoko used to have his uses as he was a beast (which isnt the case anymore though) but with winks, theres not another midfielder you can put him with and still gives us a good enough midfield. the players are shit but jose is just as much to blame as he should of known how damaging it can be starting a midfield of winks, sissoko and dele

1 min in.

Sounds like there's a pretty big divide in the changing room. I'd imagine the key men are behind Mourinho but those on the fringes have turned against him hence his references to those outside the first XI not being ready and not trusting them to do the fundamentals.

I think Jose's personality either inspires complete trust in him or you go against him.

Trust:
- Kane, Son, Lloris, PEH, Reg, Lamela, Lucas

Against:
Winks, Dele, Ndombele, Bergjwin, Doherty, Aurier

Hey, I have been a critic of Hugo with his leadership and driving abilities, but I like what he said at that 1 min mark.

It was a general swipe at everyone.
yep, too many weak characters and lack pride..how many of our squad can we say are conscientious? maybe a few out of 25!! lamela, reggie and maybe lucas..the rest happily roll over at the first sign of resistance

Back
Top Bottom