What To Do On The Left Side Against Fulham?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With BAE and Niko injured and Rose on a red what do we do at leftback and left midfield/wing against Fulham?

Obviously Bale will man one of those spots. Do you put him at leftback (which would force him to keep left) or do you let him stay in his forward role and play Gallas (or anyone you can muster) on the left and pray?

My guess is Harry will go 4-2-3-1 with Bale at leftback, Parker and Sandro in holding roles, Modric on the left, Vdv in the middle and Lennon on the right behind Ade.

Are there any other realistic options?

It would be a shame to lose the shape we've had in the last few games - it would also be a shame to lose Gallas at centre-back though because he's been excellent recently especially at organising the defense.

Having said that, if King's fit, he might be able to pull out one final performance for us. So, yeah, I'd put Gallas at LB and King in the middle.

...but having said that, I'd love to see Bale attacking from deep again. Hmm it's a tough one.

Could try some wingback shit:

---------------------- :brad:
------------ :gallas: :ledley: :kaboul: ----------
:walker: --------------------------------- :baletroll:
---------------- :sandro: :modricwtf:
------- :lennon: --------------------- :rafaaaa:
---------------------- :adestare:

But I really doubt it.

Probably just be:

[centre]Friedal
Walker Kaboul Gallas Bale
Lennon Parker Sandro Modric
VDV
Adebayor[/centre]

I wouldn't be surprised if Livermore gets slotted into LB for this last game, he usually does what he is told. But with that said I would like to see a 3-3-4 formation for this predicament.

Walker-Kaboul-Gallas
Livermore-Modric-Sandro
Lennon-VDV-Ade-Bale

No? Yes? Maybe? Never?

CJM said:
Could try some wingback shit:

---------------------- :brad:
------------ :gallas: :ledley: :kaboul: ----------
:walker: --------------------------------- :baletroll:
---------------- :sandro: :modricwtf:
------- :lennon: --------------------- :rafaaaa:
---------------------- :adestare:

thats looks to be a really interesting formation. i like it. would prefer seeing something like this than have modric shipped out to the left again.

Lennon in front of Bale on the wing. Gio or VDV on the right with Saha/Defoe up front with Adebayor is also an option.

Kenzi52 said:
Recall Townsend (if we can) maybe a bit harsh on the lad as hes in the playoffs, put Bale at Left back - Win at all costs :bale:
Won't he be back at the club if Birmingham lose tomorrow night.

.....................Brad

Kaboul....King......Gallas........Bale

Walker.....Modric.....Parker.....Lennon

..................VDV

.........................Ade

[centre]Friedel[/centre]
[centre]Walker - Kaboul - King - Gallas - Bale[/centre]
[centre]Sandro[/centre]
[centre]Lennon - Modric - Van der Vaart[/centre]
[centre]Adebayor[/centre]

This way we will have 3 center backs, With sandro anfront of them for protection. Bale allowed space to run on the left, and in a more attacking position, same with Walker.

Lennon to stay on the right where he plays best. Van der vaart to drift in, with Modric to drift out and play with Bale. Or start Modric on the left, with VDV in the middle

Edit: something like this:
abCBAUdaph.jpg

Maybe sandro could do a job at LB, Parker back to CM.

Although I'd be a little nervous about his challenges near and in the box.

Back
Top Bottom