What To Do On The Left Side Against Fulham?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WestCountrySpur said:
Livermore at left back. That's just so Redknapp.

"So Redknapp" would be to move everyone out of their best positions in order to accommodate all of his favourite players.

BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES said:
Fuck it
:brad:
:walker: :kaboul: :gallas: :baletroll:
:sandro:
:lennon: :vdv: :modricwtf:
:adegrin2: :defoe2:
It is better to fail aiming high........

This could have legs, on one condition. BALE ON THE LEFT.

Before somebody tells me I've had a brain fart, I will say I haven't touched a drop and I'm not knee-jerking. Basically, here's how I would deploy the lads:
- Back four - standard instructions. Going forward, full backs are given the option to overlap. Especially Bale, for obvious reasons.
- Sandro - None shall pass! But... get involved with vdV/Modric.
- Midfield three - may need to sit a little deeper earlier when we don't have the ball, to form a four across the park alongside Sandro.
- Ade - track back.
- Defoe - won't listen anyway.

Might work...

:harryhmm:

Oh I bet versatile Charlie is having a chuckle to himself now...

Could put Smith at RB, Walker at LB.

Or Kaboul/Gallas at LB assuming we have enough fit CBs.

But the best option is Bale at LB, Modders left mid.

Sadly, Bale at LB is probably the likely outcome. He's a poor defender but at least he's not going to get turned inside out the whole match.

If not Bale then Gallas is the clear choice seeing as he played quite a lot of games in that position at Chelsea in the 04/05 and 05/06 seasons. He also played a few games in that position for Woolwich.

Whatever happens, Bale is going to have to put in a hell of a lot more defensive shift than he usually does.

In a strange way, I'm just pleased that Rose isn't going to be on the pitch.

I think Bale will be fine, it's up to whoever is the left sided CB to ensure Bale holds his position. This season Kaboul has become a lot more vocal on the pitch and it comes naturally to Gallas.

LLB Part Deux said:
In a strange way, I'm just pleased that Rose isn't going to be on the pitch.
This with bells on, can't see a future for him at LB...

Personally I think anything could happen, i'm not opposed to the idea of Adam Smith at LB, or Bale/Gio down the left. Just hope Modric is central because his creativity is completely marginalized when we play out wide. A narrow formation as mentioned above would be ideal, but we shall await with bated breath!

Wouldn't be surprised to see Livermore shoe-horned in there, though.

I genuinely can't see past Bale being put on the left, he'll be even harder to pick up from left-back so it could add another dimension to our attack.

Bale at LB is the most likely move for Redknapp. Anything else (Gallas/Nelsen/Livermore at LB) is much riskier. The bigger problem is how to replace Bale in the midfield without putting Modrić out wide, where he is much less effective.

Gallas has to be the option.

Could be King's last game ( I know this is said every season) he is a safe hand and will allow bale to bomb like a mother.

sammyspurs said:
.....................Brad

Kaboul....King......Gallas........Bale

Walker.....Modric.....Parker.....Lennon

..................VDV

.........................Ade

I don't understand the idea of Kaboul playing right back. The guy has been our best centre back by a mile this season yet some want him shifted out to right back? :harryfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom