Whatever happened to ... ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who was that Irish lad we had a while back ?

Think he was a striker & was touted as a real talent

Darren Caskey always stays in my mind.

Same age group as me, he was the England under 18 captain who won the UEFA tournament for their age group.

He just never amounted to much in the professional game.

Amazing how many 18-21 year olds who look great never really kick on.

(Chris Day played in that England team as well -spurs youth player he ended up at Stevenage FC, a Stevenage lad and also a big Spurs fan)

Bit harsh....
I believe Caskey was a mainstay (and captain?) of Reading midfield for years....

Never top level, but a good career as a professional.

Darren Caskey always stays in my mind.

Same age group as me, he was the England under 18 captain who won the UEFA tournament for their age group.

He just never amounted to much in the professional game.

Amazing how many 18-21 year olds who look great never really kick on.

(Chris Day played in that England team as well -spurs youth player he ended up at Stevenage FC, a Stevenage lad and also a big Spurs fan)
Sure he took over the Crooked Billet in Symonds Green at some point also.

He was spoken about in almost revered terms as the great white hope in English football when he started to get some attention.
Played for Palace for a bit didn’t he ? No idea where he is now though.
Apparently Nottm Forest, on loan from Toulouse.

Not Spurs.....but

Freddy Adu was being touted as (another) "new Pele" at the age of 14!!
Bloody ridiculous.

"From before the time of his signing with D.C. United at the age of 14, Adu was spoken of and treated as the future of United States soccer;[2] even being referred to as "the next PelΓ©".[3] However, he failed to live up to the expectations and, after leaving D.C. United in 2006, he became a journeyman,[4] playing for fourteen teams in eight countries: the United States, Portugal, Monaco, Greece, Turkey, Brazil, Serbia, and Finland. "

Don't forget the US league was proper shit then

2004–2006D.C. United87(11)
2007Real Salt Lake11(1)
2007–2011Benfica11(2)
2008–2009β†’ AS Monaco (loan)9(0)
2009β†’ Belenenses (loan)3(0)
2010β†’ Aris (loan)5(1)
2011β†’ Γ‡aykur Rizespor (loan)11(3)
2011–2013Philadelphia Union35(7)
2013Bahia2(0)
2014Jagodina0(0)
2015KuPS5(0)