When and why, exactly, did you start hating [Other Club]?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Barnet - not in London
Watford - not in London, also have to been to Watford
Luton Town - have you been to Luton
Stevenage - have you been to Stevenage and sacking Teddy Sheringham
Dover Athletic - have you been on a night out in Dover
Used to date s girl from Luton. Full of roundabouts. Once threw up in the back of a cab after the fifth roundabout on a night of drinking in the Luton night club (Mad Hatters — owned by David Bedford as I recall ). Taxi driver took me all the way back to where he picked me up and pushed me out of the cab. Cunt.

Went with her and her family to a social club for Sunday lunch. Several hours later, we’re all pissed and I realized the rest of the club were singing ‘The Jolly Ploughboy’ and passing the hat around. Cunts.

Yeah, I hate Luton too.

Woolwich

Because it’s my duty as a Yid

Chavs

Because the club is rotten from top to bottom including their loathsome wannabe ‘hard’’ fans

Dippers

From birth because the midwife from Bootle tried to nick the surgical scissors ✂️ before the umbilical was cut

Yanited

Because of their smug self entitled fans!

Don’t ask me why the bold function couldn’t be turned off earlier
Phone playing up!

Used to date s girl from Luton. Full of roundabouts. Once threw up in the back of a cab after the fifth roundabout on a night of drinking in the Luton night club (Mad Hatters — owned by David Bedford as I recall ). Taxi driver took me all the way back to where he picked me up and pushed me out of the cab. Cunt.

Went with her and her family to a social club for Sunday lunch. Several hours later, we’re all pissed and I realized the rest of the club were singing ‘The Jolly Ploughboy’ and passing the hat around. Cunts.

Yeah, I hate Luton too.

Used to live in Bedford and Luton is a shithole full of IRA sympathisers

I can't ever remember a time I didn't dislike Woolwich immensely.
Full blown hatred came with puberty and Dr Marten boots.
Never hated anyone else as a kid. Then the youth cup final happened and a realised west ham weren't the cuddly chirpy salt of the earth geezers we were told they were. My hatred for them has grown year in year out from then on. That said,I know loads and can have a drink with them. Never thought anything of Chelsea as a kid,but despise than now and have since the 80s.
Hate Celtic with a passion as well.
Detest Liverpool,but funnily enough have never really hated Man u. Don't like them,but my dislike is nowhere near what others have for them.
Don't really dislike any of the other London clubs apart from the ones mentioned. Barnet,a bit,but that's a non league thing.

Last edited:
Being a Johnny Foreigner all we ever hear about is the dippers. Have done for decades.

Not even the Manure glory years took away their spotlight. I instantly discount anybody who says they support them cunts. Which is 99% of football supporters here excluding the Leicester season.

They have so many plastics they have to prove to one another how much of a real fan they are but never by talking about football. Just about injustices. Zero sense of humour and their cunt fans are lucky to catch highlights let alone watch a match. "We won against the blue team on the weekend. Trent scored and so did Virgil. I bet we were brilliant. That Jurgen eh"

That they choked against Fulham in their annual promoted team first round kick-about was fucking delicious. Football would be better as a whole if they were excluded.

Woolwich naturally but what really drove it home was the league cup semi defeat in 87. I was 11 and might have cried. I also hated their transformation under wenger. I could almost deal with them having success with Graham in charge and the shitty football.
Hate the old firm and surprised they’re on so many folks list. Sectarianism obviously but also their influence in the Scotland, the cheating, separate tv deals and other erosions of game up here.
Chelsea, just a ghastly club.
For some reason I always hated Aston Villa. Not sure what the root of it is but it’s still there.

selling off their land to the ayuntamiento was dodgy as hell. that's what I meant by a bail out
Well it wasn't the government and the deal suited the city just fine, it's been hugely profitable and will be even more so if and when it expands.

It wasn't dodgy at all, the dodgy bit was 100 years ago or whenever it was that the land was "leant" to RM in perpetuity, meaning that the council effectively had to buy back land it actually owned

OK this is just the tip of the iceberg for me…

Chavs - far right racist trashy suburban wankers
Spam - far right racist plastic mockney wankers
Woolwich Wanderers - homeless cabbage patch squatting wankers
AFC Wimbledon - false romantic Chav collaborators
Rangers - far right racist sectarian bigots
Scousers - sewer-bathing false romantic vermin
Leicester - plastic midlands Chav wannabes
Southampton - pig fuckers
Barcelona - more than a club my ar*e
Shitty - sports washing murderous oily boys
Reading - see Leicester
Geordies - see City
Celtic - pitiful plastic romantics singing about terrorists

There seems to be a lot of "I hate..." so I'm going to focus specifically on the "When and why, exactly..?"

1972 (I think). My father had died young of a sudden heart attack the year before. Mum had taken me to London where we were staying with my sister. She's promised to take me to Spurs but as it turned out they weren't at home so she asked me if I wanted to go to Chelsea instead. I was a wide-eyed 11-year old boy from rural Norfolk, so although it wasn't the team I supported, I was happy to go to a big match in the capital.

I had a white and navy blue bar scarf - it had been my sister's school scarf but was obviously perfect as a Spurs scarf. I asked mum if I I should take it to the Chelsea game. Neither of us knew anything about these things but she reckoned that as Chelsea wore blue it would be OK.
We had seats in the recently-opened "posh" stand, As we sat down all the old geezers around us - blokes in their 50s and 60s as I remember - started hurling abuse at me and mum for wearing a Spurs scarf, really disgusting stuff for a young boy and his mum to be hearing. She tried to stick up for us but told me to take the scarf off and she put it in her handbag.

Half way through the first half, the referee keeled over away from the play. Cue great merriment, which only increased when a stretcher was brought on. "He's dead, he's dead" they cheered. How they all laughed. I was stunned, god knows what mum was going through, strangely we never ever mentioned it, either after the match or later in life. She must have been destroyed but she kept it together admirably.

Hated them with a special passion ever since.

Last edited:
Woolwich naturally but what really drove it home was the league cup semi defeat in 87. I was 11 and might have cried. I also hated their transformation under wenger. I could almost deal with them having success with Graham in charge and the shitty football.
Hate the old firm and surprised they’re on so many folks list. Sectarianism obviously but also their influence in the Scotland, the cheating, separate tv deals and other erosions of game up here.
Chelsea, just a ghastly club.
For some reason I always hated Aston Villa. Not sure what the root of it is but it’s still there.

Scottish football would be so much better without the auld firm

OK this is just the tip of the iceberg for me…

Chavs - far right racist trashy suburban wankers
Spam - far right racist plastic mockney wankers
Woolwich Wanderers - homeless cabbage patch squatting wankers
AFC Wimbledon - false romantic Chav collaborators
Rangers - far right racist sectarian bigots
Scousers - sewer-bathing false romantic vermin
Leicester - plastic midlands Chav wannabes
Southampton - pig fuckers
Barcelona - more than a club my ar*e
Shitty - sports washing murderous oily boys
Reading - see Leicester
Geordies - see City
Celtic - pitiful plastic romantics singing about terrorists
Fully behind this list.

Been hating Chavs since they flukily drew 2-2 at WHL to knock us out of the League cup semi 1972. Last minute goal which skidded under Cyril Knowles boot for what should have been a routine clearance. Hilariously they lost the final to - checks notes - STOKE!!

The next season they lost to Norwich in the semi. The 2nd leg got called off through fog with Chavs needing a miracle. It was only going to delay the inevitable but to look at those Chavs players celebrating in the bar you'd think they had the league and cup double in the bag. We beat NCFC in the final of course.

Remember going to a presentation at I think Birkbeck Uni on Anti-Semitism. Given by a Jewish football fan who was horrified at the chanting at the 1982 3-2 FA 1/4 win at Chavs. Chavs fan too. Been a campaigner ever since. He could also have switched allegiance and I wished I'd pointed that out.

I remember going to Slumford in about 1984 or so, a good 5,000 all gave the Nazi salute. A few years back was there for a youth match and we got hissed at. A FUCKING YOUTH MATCH

They are rotten at every level. Apart from some success 1970-71 they have achieved really no better than Spam over the years. Everything else since then has been financial doping on steroids.

What surprised me is the amount of them defending it.

This is from an official liverpool dvd talking about heysel

What a fucking whitewash!!

I remember the game well

It wasn’t the grounds fault

It wasn’t the Juve fans fault

It wasn’t the police’s fault

The fault lay firmly at the door of the scummy Dipper fans who en masse attacked the Juve fans , some of them families with children, causing panic and a stampede to the exits and the wall eventually collapsed

How do I know this?

From a mate who was a Dipper fan and was there and witnessed it first hand

He said he had never felt so ashamed and disgusted with his fellow fans behaviour and he confirmed that many of them didn’t have tickets and planned to rush the turnstiles to get at the Juve fans at that end

So add ‘premeditated’ to the list

My mate lost interest in footy afterwards and was never the same and he was a decent lad tbf

Back
Top Bottom