When Judas first returned to the Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People who don't understand why we were so upset really don't understand human nature.

The brother of a friend of mine was in the Spurs youth team with Caskey, Turner, and Judas (Barmby had just broken through to the first team).

I heard all the stories about this exciting striker, and indeed Judas scored on his debut playing as a striker in a 2-1 defeat to Chelsea.

As a kid he was one of my heroes. Seeing him break into the team, establish himself, and become our captain was inspiring.

I’ll never forgive him.

The brother of a friend of mine was in the Spurs youth team with Caskey, Turner, and Judas (Barmby had just broken through to the first team).

I heard all the stories about this exciting striker, and indeed Judas scored on his debut playing as a striker in a 2-1 defeat to Chelsea.

As a kid he was one of my heroes. Seeing him break into the team, establish himself, and become our captain was inspiring.

I’ll never forgive him.
We loved him as one of our own and I felt sick when I heard the news. The only 'good' thing that came out of him going, is that I have never got so attached to a player since, so I might get annoyed when players move on, but I would never be as devastated as I was at that time. I still can't bear to look at his mug to this day.
I get accused of not being a good Catholic because I won't forgive him, he's never said sorry, so yah boo sucks!

We loved him as one of our own and I felt sick when I heard the news. The only 'good' thing that came out of him going, is that I have never got so attached to a player since, so I might get annoyed when players move on, but I would never be as devastated as I was at that time. I still can't bear to look at his mug to this day.
I get accused of not being a good Catholic because I won't forgive him, he's never said sorry, so yah boo sucks!

Yep

It made me realise players were commodity’s, end of the day it was about Tottenham Hotspur football club not the players, us not them

Agreed. It was an eye opener for me as a teenager.

It’s why I wasn’t really ever attached to Bale as a I knew he would be off. Still enjoyed watching him play for us.

Kane is the first player since Judas left that I really hope will be committed to Spurs. If he goes I won’t be angry at him, but I’ll give up on ever thinking a player really loves the club above all else.

We’ll always have Ledley though.

Agreed. It was an eye opener for me as a teenager.

It’s why I wasn’t really ever attached to Bale as a I knew he would be off. Still enjoyed watching him play for us.

Kane is the first player since Judas left that I really hope will be committed to Spurs. If he goes I won’t be angry at him, but I’ll give up on ever thinking a player really loves the club above all else.

We’ll always have Ledley though.
Ledley pisses all over Judas so no contest!

State of the pundits. Nothing changes.

I can't work out whether that clip makes me nostalgic or not, on the one hand obviously it was shit that in those days that was your football coverage full stop and you were reliant on idiots like Marsh, Best and a host of ex Woolwich players for your insight.

There's so much more available today, yet it feels so oversaturated, 24 hour news dedicated to it, basically instant access to all top level matches and highlights, almost minute by minute updates in transfer dealings.

Bring back teletext, Football Italia, and waiting until 2245 to see 3 minutes of a Spurs game tacked on the end of MOTD.

It annoys me when people just talk about this being simply a result of moving to Woolwich.

That played a major part but it was also the deceit

It was also the fact that he deliberately ran down his contract and deprived the club of a world record fee for a defender. He had the choice of anyone and chose Woolwich.

I can't work out whether that clip makes me nostalgic or not, on the one hand obviously it was shit that in those days that was your football coverage full stop and you were reliant on idiots like Marsh, Best and a host of ex Woolwich players for your insight.

There's so much more available today, yet it feels so oversaturated, 24 hour news dedicated to it, basically instant access to all top level matches and highlights, almost minute by minute updates in transfer dealings.

Bring back teletext, Football Italia, and waiting until 2245 to see 3 minutes of a Spurs game tacked on the end of MOTD.
Bloody loved Football Italia

-mXDh7.gif

It annoys me when people just talk about this being simply a result of moving to Woolwich.

It was also the fact that he deliberately ran down his contract and deprived the club of a world record fee for a defender. He had the choice of anyone and chose Woolwich.

The man is scum.

I wonder how differently things might have gone had he gone abroad or to Utd and we'd pocketed £15m back in those days... Would we have built a squad and achieved more? Would Woolwich have won less?

I wonder how differently things might have gone had he gone abroad or to Utd and we'd pocketed £15m back in those days... Would we have built a squad and achieved more? Would Woolwich have won less?

He would be considered a Spurs great and no one would have complained - even if he had gone to United. Out of all of the possible scenarios available he did the absolute worst.

Back
Top Bottom