When Judas first returned to the Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know a chap who had a stall on the high road, selling merchandise etc..
He still maintains that his most profitable day ever was this day. He managed to get hold of loads of Judas shirts, banners etc and sold out in minutes. He had to ring his Mrs and get more bought down.
He made a fortune out of Judas and is the only Spurs fan I know who likes him..

Lots of Goons still cry about that day.. Their lack of protection was a travesty apparently..
This is the type of atmosphere and pre game warm up that is few and far between these days.
The air was filled with pure hatred.

Last edited:
Everyone says they remember where they were on certain events

I remember where I was when that bastard signed for the Scum, I was on site and my Scum mate rang me to tell me

Broke my heart that piece of filth did.

I remember where I was when that bastard signed for the Scum
, I was on site and my Scum mate rang me to tell me

'Showbiz' anecdote alert:
I was up in Scotland filming on location the day the news broke...
We only had sketchy internet at best back then, so don't think I heard until we broke for lunch... a fellow Spurs supporting Camerman told me. I swear he had tears in his eyes!

I was shocked, and livid! That afternoon's filming was a bit of a blur...

So there is now an episode of Tweenies out there with a VERY angry 'Judy' stomping around the Highlands!!

So you see, Campbell's treacherous legacy still haunts me!

Agreed. It was an eye opener for me as a teenager.

It’s why I wasn’t really ever attached to Bale as a I knew he would be off. Still enjoyed watching him play for us.

Kane is the first player since Judas left that I really hope will be committed to Spurs. If he goes I won’t be angry at him, but I’ll give up on ever thinking a player really loves the club above all else.

We’ll always have Ledley though.
Judas is dead, long live the King! :ledley:

It wouldn't have transformed us and it wouldn’t have hindered Woolwich greatly. We had a terrible team in that period and arguably our worst manager in our PL era in Hoddle
The money mentioned was substantial at the time though, I'm not saying we would have become a mega club with it, but if nothing else we surely would have bought different, maybe better players and in turn might have fared better on the pitch.

The money mentioned was substantial at the time though, I'm not saying we would have become a mega club with it, but if nothing else we surely would have bought different, maybe better players and in turn might have fared better on the pitch.

We spent £8.2 million on Dean Richards to replace him which a significant sum back then and who turned out to be awful.

I highly doubt the additional funds would have made any difference. We had a terrible manager who had a terrible scouting ability.

I remember where I was when that bastard signed for the Scum, I was on site and my Scum mate rang me to tell me

I was in Malta and my brother rang me to break the news. My mum (God rest her soul) just couldn't understand why I was in such a state. I had a photo with him and some friends on my wall unit at home, and the first thing I did when I walked in, was to take that photo, rip it up and burn it.

We spent £8.2 million on Dean Richards to replace him which a significant sum back then and who turned out to be awful.

I highly doubt the additional funds would have made any difference. We had a terrible manager who had a terrible scouting ability.
Maybe, maybe with an extra 15m on top of the money we did spend Hoddle could have signed a few more decent players to round out the squad, for example a couple of strikers the right side of 36.

I wonder how differently things might have gone had he gone abroad or to Utd and we'd pocketed £15m back in those days... Would we have built a squad and achieved more? Would Woolwich have won less?

Wenger subsequently turned out to be very poor at signing centre backs - so you can only assume they wouldn't have done as well

Hoddle's tenure might have been very different with that money to spend - Levy may also not have become so difficult in transfer dealings, he was burnt by Campbell and has acted like it ever since.

][

They could never match us for our passion back then as supporters, never

Even though it’s changed now, they still can’t
They never will. They're way too spoiled. We've seen it, when things are shite for them they don't turn up to games, they try to blame everyone etc. Look at our attendance average in the early to mid 2000's, The Lane had a 98% average attendance per season, despite us being absolute shite. Can our support be better? Sure. As good as the new stadium is, it has harmed a bit in terms of atmosphere, however, our atmosphere is miles better than the Scum down the road.
Back to Judas, obviously I haven't experienced this, but from what information I've gathered throughout the years, and from what I've read here, it would be the equal of Harry running down the contract and leaving to them lot, maybe even worse. So, it's just unthinkable how hard that conference must've been for us. I thank Barcelona every day his name comes up for denying Judas the chance to score the winner in the Champions League Final, because that would be just as bad as getting relegated. It's fitting that Judas is so deluded and not respected by anyone, while our true modern day CB icon, Ledley, is respected by 99% of football fans in the UK.

They never will. They're way too spoiled. We've seen it, when things are shite for them they don't turn up to games, they try to blame everyone etc. Look at our attendance average in the early to mid 2000's, The Lane had a 98% average attendance per season, despite us being absolute shite. Can our support be better? Sure. As good as the new stadium is, it has harmed a bit in terms of atmosphere, however, our atmosphere is miles better than the Scum down the road.
Back to Judas, obviously I haven't experienced this, but from what information I've gathered throughout the years, and from what I've read here, it would be the equal of Harry running down the contract and leaving to them lot, maybe even worse. So, it's just unthinkable how hard that conference must've been for us. I thank Barcelona every day his name comes up for denying Judas the chance to score the winner in the Champions League Final, because that would be just as bad as getting relegated. It's fitting that Judas is so deluded and not respected by anyone, while our true modern day CB icon, Ledley, is respected by 99% of football fans in the UK.

That CL final was on my birthday. There was a very real possibility that Judas was going to score the winning goal for Woolwich on my fucking birthday.

As for that press conference, it’s burnt in my memory. Judas was our star player and gave every indication that he wanted to stay. What a piece of shit.

I was in Malta and my brother rang me to break the news. My mum (God rest her soul) just couldn't understand why I was in such a state. I had a photo with him and some friends on my wall unit at home, and the first thing I did when I walked in, was to take that photo, rip it up and burn it.
That sort of thing stays with a person Mrs P and the moment you hear about it you remember what it made you feel like. Judas deserves everything he gets which will not be much. He complains because he believes he is not being given a fair go in football management, well clubs want loyalty and he used his life allocation up when he joined Woolwich.

Well Southend are in serious trouble, monetary and in the league (if the season is completed)

So Im guessing the Ego will be looking for new employment soon, again

Back
Top Bottom