Which players need to go?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think there's quite a few that need to go, but this summer we need to focus on building a defence that doesn't leak like a sieve.

Out the door for me would be Lloris, Aurier, Vertonghen, Aldeweireld, Rose, KWP, Vorm and Lucas.
My "good squad players so might be worth keeping" list is Gazza, Winks, Dele, Foyth, Dier, Davies and Skipp.

Vorm: get in a keeper to fill the homegrown
Toby: Legs have gone
Verts: Legs have gone
Rose: obviously
KWP: we need money
Dier: if he doesn’t sign a new contract

It’s mainly defensive players we are looking at just not sure we will be able to fully stock the areas we need to. Need at least a RB, CB, DM, CF and maybe another AM.

....... And who will replace all these ?

Alas, I dream of the day that even half of them will be shifted, let alone replaced with how the last few windows have gone. With how the market is these days and how fast players valuations keep fluctuating, and with the fact that Levy seems to have fucked himself over with his transfer policies I'd be surprised if we replace two players this summer.

But when the time comes when we get to replace all these players I will happily get back to you.

Really? Lets take a look and see how Son and team has performed when Kane has been out.

Since the Start of 2018/2019 Season (From: Aug 2018 Onwards)
*Includes ALL Matches/Competitions with Kane out due to injury AND Sonny starting the game/not getting a red card*

Champions League

Dortmund (Round of 16) - Win/Advance - GOAL
Man City (Quarter Finals) - Win/Advance - GOAL x3
Ajax (Semi Finals) - Win/Advance
*4 GOALS IN 4 APPS

EPL

9 Wins
3 Losses
1 Draw
*8 GOALS IN 13 APPS

FA Cup
Middlesbrough - Win/Advance
Southampton - Win/Advance - GOAL x2
*2 GOALS IN 4 APPS

SONNY'S TOTALS = 21 APPS / 14 GOALS (13 FROM OPEN PLAY)
Are you a Spurs fan or a Son fan? Everyone tells me it's the latter and I'm inclined to agree.

At least I'm entirely open about the fact that I'm England only and thus am biased by default towards Kane (though, ironically, accepting and publicly acknowledging my biases helps me stay more objective).

(Actually it's not ironic at all. I'm a rationalist not because I make no cognitive errors - everyone makes them - but because I do my best to recognise and understand my own errors and biases so I can correct them.)

Grealish. FML.

That's exactly what this team needs, another fucking loafer who's cunty head swans around writing cheques his arse doesn't cash nearly enough. He's lazier without the ball than the lazy cunts we've got here already, and that's going some.

NO NO NO

Grealish. FML.

That's exactly what this team needs, another fucking loafer who's cunty head swans around writing cheques his arse doesn't cash nearly enough. He's lazier without the ball than the lazy cunts we've got here already, and that's going some.

NO NO NO
Especially for £60m - he certainly won't go for less, possibly even more - it would be a ridiculous signing. He can go to United for all I care.

Are you a Spurs fan or a Son fan? Everyone tells me it's the latter and I'm inclined to agree.

At least I'm entirely open about the fact that I'm England only and thus am biased by default towards Kane (though, ironically, accepting and publicly acknowledging my biases helps me stay more objective).

(Actually it's not ironic at all. I'm a rationalist not because I make no cognitive errors - everyone makes them - but because I do my best to recognise and understand my own errors and biases so I can correct them.)

I am both a Spurs fan and Sonny fan. I just happen to think that he’s the most important player on the team and thus enlightening fans here on why I think that’s the case. I am making the argument that I think we don’t have to blow up this squad to get on winning again. A few tweaks and I think we are a top 4 team again.

I’m putting up transparent statistics for everyone to see. How you interpret those real, transparent numbers is up to you.

I wouldn't be upset if anyone from the squad left other than Kane, Son, Gio, Dele, Winks

Hugo, not good enough
Whole back line, declined significantly and not good enough
Most of the midfield are either not the standard or are upgradeable.

Every season you need to bring a few in and let a few go to keep it refresh and also manage the cash flow for lack of a better term.

Not investing in past windows has killed the squad but also means we now need to spend masses amounts of money all in one window. That, in my mind, I a very bad business decision and, as we all know, a bad decision for the team.

Back
Top Bottom