Who do you want as caretaker manager

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With enough money on offer we could get a heavyweight veteran in like Gus Hiddink used to for Chelsea. Presume he's retired now. Who is out there these days?
With enough money on offer we could've signed Messi in the summer.

The point is, who would actually want to come, despite the money? I'm a Tottenham fan and you couldn't pay me enough to deal with Levy and Co, and that's just hearing bits and pieces and my own judgmental conclusion.

My sauce at the Spurs canteen overheard a conversation between Levy & Hitchen that suggested we could see Farke in the dugout before November.

Hitchen in particular has been really impressed by the brand of football he has been getting out of his side this season.

Apparently it could also mean a return of HP sponsoring our shirts just in a slightly different way..

Only issue with my sauce is that you can only get anything out of it when turned upside down and given a good shake & a few thumps.

HP-e1591711149561.jpg

With enough money on offer we could get a heavyweight veteran in like Gus Hiddink used to for Chelsea. Presume he's retired now. Who is out there these days?
Here we go again, desperately scrambling around for another manager. Even if we get one, nothing will change. His scalp will also be added to Levy’s collection, at some point.

If it’s Mason then it’ll be a winter window of no transfers as he’s a stop gap. Obvious holes in the squad won’t be filled & the next manager will be left with much the same problem.

Purgatory FC

Far too old and hasn't even managed for 4 years. He's busy pottering around in the garden.

People need to get over the Harry Redknapp fantasy.
I love Harry and was furious when we sacked him , but I agree, far too old and is enjoying retirement now. That ship sailed long ago.

I m not sure who would actually want to come . I wouldn’t mind going with an English manager , I don’t see potter wanting to come to be honest .

Dare I say it ,
…. What about big Sam … I know the football wouldn’t be great but let’s be honest it’s been shite for years now… what’s a couple more

At least he would put a roccket up their arse… and I’ve a feeling we will be near the bottom very soon

Having seen the utter lack of ambition from the parasites at the top, I've lowered my expectations for next coach significantly now.

Whilst I was against it before, the moves for the likes of Fonseca, Gattuso and ultimately unemployed Nuno have made me change my mind.

Pay a big sum and get Potter. I genuinely was against it but he at least looks like a man with a plan. Nuno is a fraud.

And if he was Paratici's first choice then sack him and THEN Levy should fall on his own sword.

Zoidberg Zoidberg

Are you disagreeing with me that I want Gerrard? You must know my mind better than me. Please let me know my opinion on a range of other subjects and issues, it will save me the time and effort of doing it myself. Cheers.

I love Harry and was furious when we sacked him , but I agree, far too old and is enjoying retirement now. That ship sailed long ago.

I m not sure who would actually want to come . I wouldn’t mind going with an English manager , I don’t see potter wanting to come to be honest .

Dare I say it ,
…. What about big Sam … I know the football wouldn’t be great but let’s be honest it’s been shite for years now… what’s a couple more

At least he would put a roccket up their arse… and I’ve a feeling we will be near the bottom very soon
Yes Harry's era was a great time .

Big Sam would be hated by Spurs supporters, and certainly wouldn't be for me. Not that I've got a better suggestion

Zoidberg Zoidberg

Are you disagreeing with me that I want Gerrard? You must know my mind better than me. Please let me know my opinion on a range of other subjects and issues, it will save me the time and effort of doing it myself. Cheers.
I'm disagreeing as I think Gerrard is a bad idea, not that I don't think you think it's a good idea.

I don't have the time to go in to everything, but I can say you are being a very sensitive and are a silly sausage with a lack of self awareness.

Last edited:

Dare I say it ,

If we are going for an unemployed English manager then it should be Eddie Howe.

Not my ideal choice. But he's young (for a manager) and plays attacking ball.

Personally I would prefer someone like Valverde or Conte (preferably Valverde), who has some pedigree and such to demand respect and has some more experience dealing with diva players. But Howe is the best English choice I think.

If we are going for an unemployed English manager then it should be Eddie Howe.

Not my ideal choice. But he's young (for a manager) and plays attacking ball.

Personally I would prefer someone like Valverde or Conte (preferably Valverde), who has some pedigree and such to demand respect and has some more experience dealing with diva players. But Howe is the best English choice I think.
I agree, I think with our players attitude they need someone with gravitas, experience, pedigree.
However if we rip up things and go with our young players. Aim to ship out some of our underperforming stars then a young British or up and coming manager would work well.

My sauce at the Spurs canteen overheard a conversation between Levy & Hitchen that suggested we could see Farke in the dugout before November.

Hitchen in particular has been really impressed by the brand of football he has been getting out of his side this season.

Apparently it could also mean a return of HP sponsoring our shirts just in a slightly different way..

Only issue with my sauce is that you can only get anything out of it when turned upside down and given a good shake & a few thumps.

HP-e1591711149561.jpg
I know you are making a joke but I think Farke is a good manager - sadly for the fans of the "fine city" they seem to be incapable of getting him players to match his talent.

Back
Top Bottom