Who do you want as next manager

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do you want as next Spurs Manager?

• Mourinho

Votes: 74 50.7%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 34 23.3%
  • Moyes

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Rogers

Votes: 24 16.4%
  • Lambert

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • O'Neill

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Martinez

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Poyet

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Klinsmann

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Other

Votes: 24 16.4%

• Total voters
For absolutely no reason I think our next manager needs to be German, so I voted Klinsmann by default.

Stop voting for Mourinho!

AberdeenYid said:
When did Hiddink last win anything?

Are there etchings in a museum somewhere to prove he has?

ummmm

Guus_Hiddink_350x47_815282a.jpg

all these guys have got champions league experience so we can't got wrong!!!

mourinho as manager…. (and we could always change the club's name to "tottenham hot-special-one" to entice him).

arsene wegner and kenny dalglish as the special one's experienced assistants.

oh & john terry as captain.

oh and liam brady as youth team manager.

the dream ticket (available in plastic for all thfc clients)

Ancelotti would have been the best fit. If only he held out for another couple of months. I'm fucking worried now that Harry will piss off & we'll end up with a Ramosesque fuck up the arse & "remember that year we were in the CL?" :parker:

Chris Hughton seems to be doing a good job at Brum. Not saying he'd be my first choice but I wouldn't be upset with that decision.

In the massively unlikely event that Mourinho was actually in the running then I'd take him in a heartbeat. For all his reputation as a negative coach, his team were the top scorers or 2nd highest scorers in all 3 seasons at Chelsea.

EDITED THE POLL:

Taken Hughes out as he didn't have any votes and replaced with Lambert

You can change your votes - still only get two.

Although not a sexy choice- think Moyes would help cement us as top 4 club- whether the football would appease the baying mob would be a moot point

Also would his translucent scottish skin stand up to the the tropics of the London Heat.

Plus is Moyes glam/big name enough to comfort little Luka that we share his ambition....which appears to be to earn at least £120k per week netto.

Jose and Guus- a little bit off our radar I think and Hiddinck is a little bit Emperors' new clothes- not sure his he quite the messiah people think he is.

looks like I'm the only vote for Lambert so far!

but first choice would be Joachim Low

I'd also like Marcello Lippi, still think he's got another job in him.

I'm surprised Louis Van Gaal hasn't even be mentioned? Legendary Dutch coach, from the Ajax school of total football, has won league titles in 4 different leagues, a CL, a Uefa Cup, and is out of work right now. Last stint at Bayern didn't end well, but he did win them the Bundesliga/Cup double and get to a CL final in his first season. He's 60.

paulhasissues said:
I'd would like spainish team national manager (Del boso?) Doesn't his contract run out after Euro 2012?

Del Bosque, amazing coach but I don't think he speaks English at all, which wouldn't be ideal as he seems a bit too old and traditional to bother learning!?

Isn't Benitez available?

I know he may not be everyone's cups of tea but he would attract players and he was good at the start with Liverpool, in fact he as excellent and great in the Champ League....Thoughts?

Jose would be my no. 1 choice but you would always get that feeling that he was just with us until the United job became available.

Best thing for us would be for Harry to stay with Spurs, but he takes the England role from the end of the season and over the Euro's and then stays with Spurs after and the FA appoint after the Euro. That was Harry gets his fix of managing England in a tournament and the players know that he is are manager for the future. Only issue would be if England win...but we should be safe on that front!

I am worried that if Harry goes and we do not get the right man that Modric and Bale will want to leave.

Back
Top Bottom