Who do you want as next manager

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do you want as next Spurs Manager?

• Mourinho

Votes: 74 50.7%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 34 23.3%
  • Moyes

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Rogers

Votes: 24 16.4%
  • Lambert

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • O'Neill

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Martinez

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Poyet

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Klinsmann

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Other

Votes: 24 16.4%

• Total voters
If Harry goes now though Benitez, Hiddink or Capello could do the job for 6 months with a view to them staying if they prove worthy....they again the uncertainy may screw our players up....as it did with United and Fergie.

Then again if we confirm Jose soon that would be a massive boost.

If Harry goes I just hope Bond and Jordan don't take over as I heard that Bond is more disciplined that Harry and he hasn't the man manager skills to manage the team...he compliments Harry well only.

Hell no to Benitez. Del Bosque is an interesting shout, and a good fit tactically and personality wise, but I think he's almost certain to extend his contract with Spain after the Euro's unless they perform terribly. I'm also fairly sure he doesn't speak English well.

Van Gaal could be an option but it would be a hell of a change for the players. He's exceptionally authoritarian and not known for gelling with either players or fans.

Fingers crossed that someone in the media finds some snaps of Harry sniffing up some Charles off a hooker's lap in the next week so we can forget about him leaving.

Lippi, Capello, Benitez, Hiddink, Klinsmann, Van Gaal, Mourinho, Del Bosque...there are a lot of good managers available/possibly available now or from the summer.....how times change!

Seems the reasons behind the lack of transfer activity in recent windows has been explained and the summer should be busy for us!

I think getting Guardiola (I know its a joke) could be a disaster.

Their whole success is stemed from the late 80s when Cruyff introduced a football ethos which they have kept to this day, spending a lot of time and money on youth players and playing their way.

Dru said:

Their whole success is stemed from the late 80s when Cruyff introduced a football ethos which they have kept to this day, spending a lot of time and money on youth players and playing their way.

I know what you're getting at, but I'm not so sure. That football ethos hasn't always brought success and never such dominance as under Guardiola, plus Guardiola's shown himself to be a great tactician already. But it certainly will be interesting to see how he does at his next job.

Did anyone else hear TalkSport yesterday and that Hoddle said he would take the Spurs job if he was offered it in the case that Harry left. He admitted that the likelihood of him being offered it would be a long shot but what do you guys think?

I'd prefer Hiddink if i'm honest

Funkapuss said:
Dru said:

I know what you're getting at, but I'm not so sure. That football ethos hasn't always brought success and never such dominance as under Guardiola, plus Guardiola's shown himself to be a great tactician already. But it certainly will be interesting to see how he does at his next job.

Indeed, thats why I said 'could'

I'm interested to see how Arsenals next manager does becuase they either have to carry on Wengers ethos or try and change the whole way the club works. Could prove excellent viewing.

As Harry said once, managers are overrated, you are only as good as your players. - True to a degree, obviously.

LegenDerrySpur said:
Did anyone else hear TalkSport yesterday and that Hoddle said he would take the Spurs job if he was offered it in the case that Harry left. He admitted that the likelihood of him being offered it would be a long shot but what do you guys think?

I'd rather not.

He made some shocking buys first time round and would rather his legacy as a spurs ledge was left intact.

Don't get the fact why everyone is banging on about Moyes. I have never seen Everton play fantastic football. With Mourinho we will be able to hang on to the likes of Modric and Bale atleast.

AberdeenYid said:
linnet_spur said:
AberdeenYid said:
When did Hiddink last win anything?

Are there etchings in a museum somewhere to prove he has?

ummmm

Guus_Hiddink_350x47_815282a.jpg
He was there for less than three months. Are we really counting that???

And he's a tax dodger. Frying pan to fire.

Why wouldn't you? Aside from the 3rd and 4th round he was there for all the other games, it's like saying Ramos didn't win the Carling cup. He also won EVERY league game bar one (against us of course), and he would have taken them to the CL final if it wasn't for a dodgy ref.

Mourinho may be too defensive for us but I would love him at WHL....attract players and he would have a great bunch of players with plenty of money to spend and a new stadium soon. He would love it. As I said earlier I would just be worried that he would just be waiting for Fergie to retire and take over at United.

Dru said:
LegenDerrySpur said:

I'd rather not.

He made some shocking buys first time round and would rather his legacy as a spurs ledge was left intact.

...and Levy sacked Hoddle in the first place. God knows why Glenn thinks he'd be in with a shot now. This article from the 02/03 season is WELL worth a read:

http://www.spursodyssey.com/0203/hodstay.html

"Remember, Levy will be picking Hoddle's replacement. What will his criteria be? How will he know what he is looking for? What selling points can he use to bring in someone that is better than who we have at the moment? Levy has shown himself to be a disastrous negotiator with management skills that are far worse than Hoddle's. He has no successful business background and no real experience of working in football. Yet we have to trust him with the most important decision a club can take. It frightens the life out of me because I know just what we will end up with. A no-record yes-man, who will not cost much in wages, will not demand funds to rebuild the squad and will not kick up a fuss when our best players are sold. In other words, a complete disaster"

:akabusi: :harryfacepalm: :vdvcry:

Rogers plays the best football in the Premier League, has a solid defence at home, and gives the whole squad a chance. It's a natural progression to take on a top 4 team now.

Mourinho would need too much money for himself and players, O'Neill would fall out with Levy, don't like the charisma of Hiddink and Moyes and Martinez lack game-to-game and season-to-season consistency (although not always their fault).

We destroyed Lambert's Norwich and I'd take Hughton over Klinsmann and Poyet.

Let's not kid ourselves... Levy's track record in finding new managers has been a little bit hit-and-miss at best!

Apart from Harry I've been distinctly underwhelmed with some of his choices...
I'd add Jol to the list of 'better choices' Levy's made ...but still, look what we had to go through to get there!!

Lemon Hotspur said:
Mourinho may be too defensive for us but I would love him at WHL....attract players and he would have a great bunch of players with plenty of money to spend and a new stadium soon. He would love it. As I said earlier I would just be worried that he would just be waiting for Fergie to retire and take over at United.

I don't get the defensive thing. I know he's at Real Madrid but they've got more goals than Barca this season?!

Would hardly call them and Guardiola defensive would you.

I just don't like the whole arrogance/egotistical side of him.

Next manager = :chiccosmile: Sorted.

We've all seen this by now, right?

AlTp2ObCIAEGraf.jpg:large

From the Daily Mail... (today/yesterday?) via GG...

oh Lord, dear Lord... not this... ANYTHING but this...
Might as well bring Santini-Gross back as a dream team, but not THAT!!

Back
Top Bottom