Who do you want to see with the captain’s armband?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham’s New Captain

• Sonny

Votes: 99 51.3%
  • Bissouma

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • Skipp

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Romero

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 7.8%
  • Bentancur

Votes: 19 9.8%

• Total voters
I reckon it was the media day last week
My feeling too. Then again, interesting that Eric Dier timing today with his instagram purge...

yeah, I thought that. But, as much as I was very luke warm with Maddison, having paid attention to him as a person and player since, he's impressed me. Very good talker and obviously classy with the ball.

I was impressed by Maddison a while ago when I looked up a random post-match interview and despite my misgivings he spoke better than 99% of footballers. By all accounts getting settled down with kids has mellowed him out so it really does feel like we're getting the best version of him.

Being based in Leicester, I've heard he previously enjoyed partying, as it were. Fits with that aggro he got into back in his Norwich days.

When Poch arrived, he initially cosied up to the old guard. I’m pretty sure Kaboul was made captain and Adebayor VC. Took him a while to be more ruthless. Ange has gone straight in for a refreshed and renewed leadership group. I like it. A lot.

Up the Spurs!

Bad choice on so many levels. He almost came to blows with Hugo when he showed little regard for the team and Hugo told him. Son saw red again after a retaliatory tackle born out of frustration with his form.
He is too immature and child like silly . He is not an organiser, he wants to be the fun guy.
I'm worried now he will push too hard and do a hammy or something.

Bad choice on so many levels. He almost came to blows with Hugo when he showed little regard for the team and Hugo told him. Son saw red again after a retaliatory tackle born out of frustration with his form.
He is too immature and child like silly . He is not an organiser, he wants to be the fun guy.
I'm worried now he will push too hard and do a hammy or something.

So you're worried he won't take it seriously enough AND that he'll take it too seriously?

My feeling too. Then again, interesting that Eric Dier timing today with his instagram purge...

I was impressed by Maddison a while ago when I looked up a random post-match interview and despite my misgivings he spoke better than 99% of footballers. By all accounts getting settled down with kids has mellowed him out so it really does feel like we're getting the best version of him.

Being based in Leicester, I've heard he previously enjoyed partying, as it were. Fits with that aggro he got into back in his Norwich days.

What Dier Instagram purge?

This is top content.

Son goes Speech 😂

No surprise someone from the far east talks about discipline. A central pillar of that culture.

Postecoglou is a great talker, he would be a great mentor for just navigating life in general.

This is top content.

Son goes Speech 😂

No surprise someone from the far east talks about discipline. A central pillar of that culture.

Postecoglou is a great talker, he would be a great mentor for just navigating life in general.

Never seen the club release stuff like this before, more signals that things are going to be done very differently. The mind does boggle as to exactly what the players are going to do to their dressing room though.

Where did I say he won't take it seriously? He will give it a go of course. That doesn't mean he is the best candidate.

Right here:

"He is too immature and child like silly ......... he wants to be the fun guy."

You also said he has "little regard for the team".

Right here:

"He is too immature and child like silly ......... he wants to be the fun guy."

You also said he has "little regard for the team".

You are looking for something that's not there. Son is deluded enough to think he can do it. I didn't say he wouldn't try, I implied he is incapable of doing the job effectively.

You are looking for something that's not there. Son is deluded enough to think he can do it. I didn't say he wouldn't try, I implied he is incapable of doing the job effectively.

Back-peddle and revise how you want... You're talking crap, but..............

WOW!

He's "deluded" now too.........?

You must really HATE Sonny...... You could barely shit-talk him any more if you tried.

Back
Top Bottom