Who Sacks Who?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Football has moved on from a scout and DOF - look at Brentford, Brighton etc they have an army of operational staff underpinning a clear strategy.

Throwing two new appointments into a fractured operation will achieve little whilst Levy is involved
I was simplifying it. I would include them in the support team. There needs to be a head of scouting/recruitment but he would need a team.

And leave us to some maverick or worse.

People need to find themselves honestly.

Some poor decisions over the years, as anyone with a balanced view would expect but fcuking so easy to forget Levy wasn't on the pitch when we missed Golden opportunities for trophies.

People talk as though someone is going to come in and spend hundreds of millions in an instant.
No.

Just no.

His cheaping out over the years has held us back. We miss those chances in a lot of games because he has given a D list coach a D list player.

So brewing on it for another 24 hours and I want Paratici gone too.
He came in, fucked the manager search, probably alienated a fair few candidates we'd spoken to previously, hired a fucking gimp who completely goes against the will of the people.

Also fucked around with transfers doing a pathetic "negotiate with all sign few" nonsense. Didn't weed out the rats.

Get rid. And don't get another one unless they truly are special.

So brewing on it for another 24 hours and I want Paratici gone too.
He came in, fucked the manager search, probably alienated a fair few candidates we'd spoken to previously, hired a fucking gimp who completely goes against the will of the people.

Also fucked around with transfers doing a pathetic "negotiate with all sign few" nonsense. Didn't weed out the rats.

Get rid. And don't get another one unless they truly are special.
Matt, so far his signings at least look like they will fit in, he didn't buy Ndombele, Sanchez or Doherty !
As for Nuno, he has accepted a difficult situation given that he is not choosing the new players. OK he completely picked the wrong team for the Woolwich match but the team recovered and beat a flying Villa. Why is he so hated when he has only been here 5 mins ?

Matt, so far his signings at least look like they will fit in, he didn't buy Ndombele, Sanchez or Doherty !
As for Nuno, he has accepted a difficult situation given that he is not choosing the new players. OK he completely picked the wrong team for the Woolwich match but the team recovered and beat a flying Villa. Why is he so hated when he has only been here 5 mins ?
Its the stink by association. Mendes Mourinho Nuno. The coaches are both disciples of Vitor Fraude (Portugese coaching guru)tactical peridisation and all that stuff. So as it didn't work under Mourinho -the man who had the most success with this approach- it is logical that lots of folk are doubtfully about Santo.

Then there's the malign influence of Mendes both mens agent and pretty much a football cancer. Then there's simply a lower tolerance of dull football after nearly two years of Jose pragmatism. Had Nuno replaced Poch he'd have had a way easier time of it.

I'm not as convinced as you are. I worry about Romero. It is entirely possible for defenders to be one season wonders. It is also entirely possible that a CB can be made to look good by their team mates. I mean, some of our blind as fuck fans were actually lauding Sanchez and Dier in the first 3 games despite the fact we were under siege at times and only wayward shooting stopped us getting nailed. Romero got a lot of yellows last season in Italy and he's already been booked almost every game for us. Even if he avoids reds he's gonna pick up suspensions and play portions of games on a yellow and fearing a 2nd.
Royal has had 1 good game. He arrived and was throw in, so I'll give him time. Golini has looked below average. Gil has hardly played and not against anyone of note.
What I will say, they're all a good age. Our squad was looking too old. But they all need to prove they're premier league class still.

Back
Top Bottom