Who Sacks Who?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You cannot compare Abramovic and Levy. Abramovic gets Europe's best coaches. There's never a compromise. He pays what it takes to get them and he backs them.
They get sacked because football management IS short term now. There are no more Wengers and Fergusons. Even Wenger wasn't a Wenger in the end as he lost his way.
ENIC don’t compare favourably with hardly anyone other than Peter Ridsdale, but let’s face it we don’t want to do a Leeds.
I threw the last bit in before some ENIC apologists did, so what else you got Levy fans

ENIC don’t compare favourably with hardly anyone other than Peter Ridsdale, but let’s face it we don’t want to do a Leeds.
I threw the last bit in before some ENIC apologists did, so what else you got Levy fans

We're more in danger of doing a Leeds now than ever. We have a completely innept coach in charge. Leeds were fine until they put O'Deary in charge and gave him money.

The world of Football has this Cliche of "not doing a Leeds" but they also repeat the line "you've gotta give the manager time"
That was why Leeds declined. It was why Aston Villa declined. It's why Newcastle declined. It was why West Ham got relegated.

This is why I want action this week and it can't lead to a 3 month dithering session.
Sack Nuno.
Sack Paratici.
Approach a TOP CLASS coach and throw EVERYTHING At them.
Don't ask them to spend 2 years trying to get a tune out of this squad. Beg them to come and replace every last one of them and back them in the process.

But it won't happen.
So I'm giving up my season ticket from next year.
I have a feeling it won't be a 10 year wait for another one.

We're more in danger of doing a Leeds now than ever. We have a completely innept coach in charge. Leeds were fine until they put O'Deary in charge and gave him money.

The world of Football has this Cliche of "not doing a Leeds" but they also repeat the line "you've gotta give the manager time"
That was why Leeds declined. It was why Aston Villa declined. It's why Newcastle declined. It was why West Ham got relegated.

This is why I want action this week and it can't lead to a 3 month dithering session.
Sack Nuno.
Sack Paratici.
Don't ask them to spend 2 years trying to get a tune out of this squad. Beg them to come and replace every last one of them and back them in the process.

But it won't happen.
I understand where you are coming from but:

1. What 'top' coach is coming to this shit show
  2. What top coach is leaving a position or wanting to take this on part of the way through the season?
  3. What can we throw at this top coach considering the transfer window is shut?
So many issues at the club now, i'm livid at how little effort is given by all but a few in the squad

I understand where you are coming from but:

1. What 'top' coach is coming to this shit show
  2. What top coach is leaving a position or wanting to take this on part of the way through the season?
  3. What can we throw at this top coach considering the transfer window is shut?
So many issues at the club now, i'm livid at how little effort is given by all but a few in the squad

With the money and support, any top coach comes.
It's fairly obvious we go turned down by Conte for that reason. Flick was always going to Germany. Naigelsmann was always going to Bayern.

We won't get any coach worth employing if we tell them they have to improve the gobshite in the squad and work with a tiny budget.

Sack Nuno.
Sack Paratici.

But it won't happen.
No argument here mate , bang on

With the money and support, any top coach comes.
It's fairly obvious we go turned down by Conte for that reason. Flick was always going to Germany. Naigelsmann was always going to Bayern.

We won't get any coach worth employing if we tell them they have to improve the gobshite in the squad and work with a tiny budget.
yeah so who is coming now to work with this crop and damage their reputation?

yeah so who is coming now to work with this crop and damage their reputation?

It's entirely dependent on Levy growing a pair of balls and admitting he got everything wrong at every turn for the last 4 years. And trying something completely against his usual form.
He must be looking at the shit show at the moment and the contrast with the unbeaten season at the Lane and the shocking contrast. How he's highly responsible for that decline and what he has to do to turn it around.

Do we know when the AGM with the trust is?

Sack Nuno.
Sack Paratici.

But it won't happen.
Spot on

You’d have to be foolish to think we’ll sink faster than Titanic. We’ll nick some wins here and there just so he keeps his job and prolongues our pain. If we don’t then just lol.
Next 5 games:

Villa - in form and will prob smash us
Newcastle away - prob a daw
West Ham - away
Burnley - away
Utd - lol

I think there's an old Native American proverb that's quite appropriate:

Only when the last available manager has hung up the phone and Big Sam is the only one returning your calls will Daniel Levy realise that Daniel Levy has amassed a cracking capital assets portfolio and continue to not give a fuck!

It's not exactly though, the Leeds part I mean.

It makes out that Leeds performed badly under O'Leary, when actually they did well on the pitch for a good while under him, it was just the financial side of things that was handled terribly and then the fallout from that began to impact on the pitch results.

He took over from Graham and took them into Europe and quite deep into CL, I vividly remember them doing really well for what seemed like ages, as I was supporting Spurs whilst growing up in Leeds at the time and had to put up with endless piss taking as a result!

Sack Nuno.
Sack Paratici.

But it won't happen.
We won’t do a Leeds. I hope we go down, but with parachute payments and our risk averse, frugal policy we will be fine financially

Back
Top Bottom