who would you have subbed.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

watching the game yesterday with my favourite spurs supporting buddy things were going ok until defoe started warming up, then sat back down. then parker starts warming up and sits back down. then starts warming up again and as we all now goes on to "secure the draw". how does everybody feel about that? as a spurs fan i wanted to jump through the tv and give harry a running puss klap. WTF!!! we needed to show some guile and prove we were going to push for the win. it just makes me wonder again if harry is the right manager for spurs. a manager who was actually serious would have put on another striker. and i seem to remember harry putting on 4 strikers a few seasons back at one time. what happened to that harry who was all about wining? makes me sad we went for a draw and not a win...

its just fucks us now as depending on all the results this weekend we could finish 3rd/4th/5th/6th. and to further make things worse if we do finish 4th we have to wait till the champions league final result. if this season doesnt give me a heart attack i cant think of anything else that will.

Correctamundo. Nothing against Parker but Defoe should've come on. We should've just gone for it, all guns blazing.

So gutted we didn't capitalise on Norwich's result at plumstead.

sammyspurs said:
10 men.

Defoe for VDV.

We push up.

Villa counter.

We lose 2-1.

Harry is a cunt anyway.

Give it a rest.

Please.

do fuck off!
losing or drawing meant the same!!.. our fate would still be in others hands.

snatching a goal & our fates our own still .. re bringing on defoe instead of parker.

& the man has always been a cunt period!.

sammyspurs said:
10 men.

Defoe for VDV.

We push up.

Villa counter.

We lose 2-1.

Harry is a cunt anyway.

Give it a rest.

Please.
harry has always been a cunt so it doesnt matter. but i would far rather have had a go at it and lost then backed down like cowards because harry is a cunt!!!

57 varieties said:
sammyspurs said:
10 men.

Defoe for VDV.

We push up.

Villa counter.

We lose 2-1.

Harry is a cunt anyway.

Give it a rest.

Please.

do fuck off!
losing or drawing meant the same!!.. our fate would still be in others hands.

snatching a goal & our fates our own still .. re bringing on defoe instead of parker.

& the man has always been a cunt period!.

No, losing meant that next week, if ares draw, and we win we could finish 4th on goal difference.

Drawing meant that next week, if arse draw, and we win, we finish 3rd.

See the very huge difference? You may also have noticed we had 10 men for nearly the entire second half? Yeaah, lets go steaming up the pitch against a team that needs a point to secure they dont get relegated.

You sum up the point I was making perfectly with your little rant. To some, Redknapp can do nothing right. Ive already read that if he gets 3rd, it will be because of "luck".

Says it all.

durbanspur said:
harry has always been a cunt so it doesnt matter. but i would far rather have had a go at it and lost then backed down like cowards because harry is a cunt!!!

So let me get this straight.

You think a defeat yesterday would have been a better result than a draw?
You would "prefer" Harry brought Defoe on, and we went for it, and lost....than he didnt go for it, and we drew?

So Harry's a cunt, for getting 1pt, instead of trying to get 3, and failing miserably, and getting 0?

Wow

Belgian Spur said:
You do forget the other possibility ... we went for it , scored the winner and would have been third right now !
thanks belgian... the flip side to the coin is we get 6 points from our last 2 games and really prove we are a top 4 team that is here to stay. but instead harry shows we will take what we can rather than push on for glory.

I really don't get how some people believe bringing Defoe on for vdv would have been a good move. He is exactly the sort of player you don't want in the pitch when you've got 10 men and are chasing the winning goal. Players like vdv and modric make u for the defecit because they have a confident first touch and can keep the ball.
Jd would have just tried to play off the lastan and basically left us short at the back.
It looked like vdv had an injury anyway do lets assume he did need to be subbed.
In which case I don't think Parker or even Livermore was a bad shout as they could have dropped in to cover the left side of defence and freed bale to push further forward again. Once rose went off we had one of our best attacking outlets having to think twice any time he went forward.

good old Bill. "It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low".
that is the reason we support spurs... because we go out with the attitude of ok you scored 3 well we gonna score 4. and fuck harry for doing what he did yesterday. for over 20 years i have supported spurs because that is how we played. we played to win even if it left us open to counter attacks and losing.

jimmyriggle said:
I really don't get how some people believe bringing Defoe on for vdv would have been a good move. He is exactly the sort of player you don't want in the pitch when you've got 10 men and are chasing the winning goal. Players like vdv and modric make u for the defecit because they have a confident first touch and can keep the ball.
Jd would have just tried to play off the lastan and basically left us short at the back.
It looked like vdv had an injury anyway do lets assume he did need to be subbed.
In which case I don't think Parker or even Livermore was a bad shout as they could have dropped in to cover the left side of defence and freed bale to push further forward again. Once rose went off we had one of our best attacking outlets having to think twice any time he went forward.
any striker would have been fine to be fair. just to show the crowd and villa, "listen we here to win, i point isnt good enough!!"

Back
Top Bottom