Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They have them playing all over Europe sadly too.... with them its one in particular who is being treated like dirt, and I am sure some of it because he was AVB's man but dont want to go down that road

End of the day we think Chelsea bad but they arent far off top - just shows with this league, he can play anyone and get results

There's no denying they have a solid team, but I think they should be doing more with the talent at their disposal. In fact, I thought they were nailed on for the title at the start of the season. They may yet win it of course and are in good frame to do so, but I thought they'd be running away by now with only City posing a threat.

Chadli's confirmed it himself now from his Instagram it seems
BeHPDcNIMAApRWD.jpg
Hope he's honest. Good thing to say.

that was a weird goal, he slid in and made the ball fly really high over the keeper. To this day I still do not know how he got the ball so high

:dempsey::gallashmm:

Remember being surprised at the time he even attempted it, much less with how well he managed to project it. Worked out, as I thought that was one of most resolute wins of the season in the home stretch of the neck and neck with les Arse.

Ugh, true. That one-on-one point blank with de Gea he blew had my abusing my TV with demonic vigor.
I was on my knees, head down and smashing my palms on the ground for 5 mins. I do admit to hailing Dempsey when he scored (probs in my excitement), although looking back on it now I remember how pissed I was during the game

We nearly fucked it up as well lol

I thought we more than had after allowing such a cheap first goal that was scored in such a manner that one could easily define our season. We lost out on Champions League football because of our inability to defend simple set pieces. Plain and simple. Anytime we had a corner and didn't concede it generated a feeling close to that of scoring, as the effect was the same. "Save a penny, gain a penny."

I thought we more than had after allowing such a cheap first goal that was scored in such a manner that one could easily define our season. We lost out on Champions League football because of our inability to defend simple set pieces. Plain and simple. Anytime we had a corner and didn't concede it generated a feeling close to that of scoring, as the effect was the same. "Save a penny, gain a penny."
I shit myself every game when we concede a free kick/corner example vs UTD this season when Rooney had a shitload (or maybe it just felt like it) and he didn't convert many into clear cut chances, I was relieved as quality players such as Rooney are very good with set pieces

The cynical side of me thinks his agent has touted him around and there were no takers.

eh, Chadli could walk into more teams than not. He's been solid (if unspectacular [we did only pay 6m for him]) this year, and claims he hasn't been at his best. Plenty of teams would be interested in him.

Of course, plenty of teams could be completely disinterested in dealing with
:levyeyes:
in January.

While I'm not really a fan of any one particular player leaving, I think our midfield is awfully crowded at the moment and someone needs to be loaned or sold off, and I'm leaning toward Sig, who has had more time than most in our attacking setup to make his mark and mostly hasn't.

Back
Top Bottom