Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I should probably quit while I'm ahead, but my post wasn't about AVB v Sherwood, it was about it being a different situation, and Sammy should stop endlessly bringing up AVB

There are rumors about Bernard. which are strange. He is a good player with potential but is the type of player we do not need. anyone else heard anything about this

There are rumors about Bernard. which are strange. He is a good player with potential but is the type of player we do not need. anyone else heard anything about this
I heard it was a bullshit rumour arising out of the fact that he is in London at the moment en route back to the Ukraine.

• Sherwood plays 4-4-2.
"I didn't see us playing 4-4-2," the Spurs boss said.

"We just had 11 numbers on the field and tried to rotate and fill up every area of the field. I don't know what you are saying about 4-4-2.

"We played with two recognised strikers, but (Emmanuel) Adebayor dropped deep into that area and picked up the ball.

"Our wide players funnelled in. I don't think we were ever two players in midfield. When the ball was on the right, Christian Eriksen tucked across into the middle."

I heard it was a bullshit rumour arising out of the fact that he is in London at the moment en route back to the Ukraine.

Didn't that same thing happen this summer too?
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

"We just had 11 numbers on the field and tried to rotate and fill up every area of the field. I don't know what you are saying about 4-4-2.

"We played with two recognised strikers, but (Emmanuel) Adebayor dropped deep into that area and picked up the ball.

"Our wide players funnelled in. I don't think we were ever two players in midfield. When the ball was on the right, Christian Eriksen tucked across into the middle."

Fucking hell, the bit in bold makes Brendan Rogers sound sane

Meanwhile, "pwopa" old-school football fans convene in shadowy smoke-filled rooms over meals of pie and mash to discuss whether Sherwood's comments are music to their ears, or yet more evidence of the new generation of the managerial intelligentsia mucking about unnecessarily and overcomplicating simple matters. Odds-makers have suspended betting on the decision after news of Harry Redknapp's arrival at the meet was broken by the Daily Mail, but it's not clear that a consensus has been reached.

Well hell, on the bright side if Sherwood isn't gonna play him anyway then we might as well get some money back, and future players will note that players who want out are told they can leave during windows, so they'll feel more comfortable

Back
Top Bottom