Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ha I've such mixed feelings on Chicharito. While of course I'd love for anyone to come to Spurs and start pouring in the goals, I love that he's never scored on the US and probability would suggest the end of that trend with a successful scoring run off the back of good playing time.

Ha I've such mixed feelings on Chicharito. While of course I'd love for anyone to come to Spurs and start pouring in the goals, I love that he's never scored on the US and probability would suggest the end of that trend with a successful scoring run off the back of good playing time.

He's got an impressive record for Mexico (35 in 57), and also 35 league goals in 91 league apps for Utd - if you consider that many of his games are off the bench, that's pretty decent going!

If the mexico stats are an example of a starting Chicharito, then he's 20+ a season. Sounds like he'd be quite the bargain too, for the figures being talk about of ~£10m.

Just to clarify, there's no links to us at all :(

He's got an impressive record for Mexico (35 in 57), and also 35 league goals in 91 league apps for Utd - if you consider that many of his games are off the bench, that's pretty decent going!

If the mexico stats are an example of a starting Chicharito, then he's 20+ a season. Sounds like he'd be quite the bargain too, for the figures being talk about of ~£10m.

Just to clarify, there's no links to us at all :(

This window, no, but we've been linked throughout the previous three. He's got an impressive scoring record, indeed. But not against the USofA :cool:

Must say I disagree. Kane has always impressed me in the youth team and in his few cameo appearances in the first team he's shown some real moments of quality. Have people forgotten his cameo against Hull? Also whilst he's been getting some stick for his performance against United I think he did everything he needed and well. Finally you say he has a poor first touch...? Where did you get that idea? From what I've seen of him in the Europa, against Monaco, against Hull and in the youth games I've seen his first touch is incredible.

As for you suggesting he's lightweight. Firstly what makes you say that? I haven't seen anything to suggest he is. Secondly any other player with so little Prem experience everyone would be sticking up for and saying it takes time to adapt to the physicality.

Because everytime he traps the ball his second touch seems to be several yards away.

And because even midget fullbacks seem to brush him off the ball ever so easily.

That is the Harry Kane I see every time he plays, even against quite modest opposition. Youth games? That is for development. Last time I checked we were a team aspiring to be 4th in the league and sacked a manager for having us to sit 7th.

I find it hard to fathom how he was "incredible" against Hull. Must be the same kind of reserves romanticism as the one engulfing Bentaleb presently, where decent, to-be-expected, on par performances are lauded wirh all sorts of superlatives.

Completely agreed. People vehemently defend him because of his youth, but he simply should be better than he is at this point to merit his place at a club with our ambitions. I also agree that I think we should have pursued Traore.

Any player that has come through the youth team is massively given the benefit of doubt, if we'd signed Kane for even a minimal amount of money he would be slated by everyone imo.

Currently the chatter on twatter is:

- Spurs want Guarin and have had a ~£8m bid rejected, with Baldini en route there
- Spurs were offered Guarin, but aren't interested
- Inter have offered Guarin as a swap for Chicharito

Hopefully, somewhere in there, there will be an outcome whereby we bid for Chicharito. I really rate him, proven scorer in our league too as opposed to the gamble of bringing someone to this league (Soldado)

I thought Guarin was supposed to be highly rated.....like their Star and worth £20m+?

Signing Chicarito but passing on Traore? We could not be that stupid, could we?

Do our decisionmakers watch us play at all?

We're yet to see what Traore will be like in the PL. There's also "second season" players who go a bit stale (Papiss Cisse for example).

Hernandez is proven in the PL - I don't really see what's not to like, he's a bit of a Jermain Defoe 2.0 in some ways, small and nippy but has all round ability and does well with his chances

I thought Guarin was supposed to be highly rated.....like their Star and worth £20m+?

It would seem not.

Anyone else getting a bit peeved with us having, normally, 1 fit centre back, 1 main left back, 1,450,000 midfielders, and 2 strikers. And what do we get linked with..... midfielders

As I mentioned before, don't be surprised to see a Levy-time deal for Berba.

How is this related to Holtby?

Well, I could very much see us getting Berba in exchange for Fulham (who can get one more PL player on loan) getting Holtby on loan.

New house, but in London + Fulham also in London ... 1+1 ... is ticking all the boxes for me.

Maybe he hates his gf so he is moving her to London and he is off to Germany.

Think outside the box...

Any player that has come through the youth team is massively given the benefit of doubt, if we'd signed Kane for even a minimal amount of money he would be slated by everyone imo.

Nope, if we'd spent £30 million on him people would be saying he needs time like Lamela. Same with Townsend but instead they're just some random English kid so people don't want to give them a chance. One of the main reasons is probably because people can boast about the likes of Lamela and Eriksen but some random English kid is just laughed off.

Nope, if we'd spent £30 million on him people would be saying he needs time like Lamela. Same with Townsend but instead they're just some random English kid so people don't want to give them a chance. One of the main reasons is probably because people can boast about the likes of Lamela and Eriksen but some random English kid is just laughed off.

Has nothing to do with him being English. Part of what attracted me to this club was the focus on English talent (I'm not English) vs spending big sums abroad (was opposed to the Lamela acquisition), and I hate that the current prices of young English talent has driven us away from that model. That having been said, he's not got it, regardless of his youth. I've seen nothing that demonstrates anything close to an "incredible touch." While he's 20 and doesn't have to have one yet, he's also shown he's nowhere close to where he needs to be to develop anything close to said incredible touch.

If he starts consistently for one of the "big six," I'll buy everyone of drinking age their first round and even slip a few to those a bit under on my first trip to the new stadium.

But Kane didn't have a dynamite last season?
Townsend had a decent last season and has had some positive attributes, he's pacey too.

Has Harry ever done anything, anywhere of any merit? On loan, or here? I'm not really aware of anything. I think people aren't excited about him because he's done nothing to excite us?:townhmm:

But Kane didn't have a dynamite last season?
Townsend had a decent last season and has had some positive attributes, he's pacey too.

Has Harry ever done anything, anywhere of any merit? On loan, or here? I'm not really aware of anything. I think people aren't excited about him because he's done nothing to excite us?:townhmm:

Yawn....
Millwall, and if you actually knew about our players you'd know he's having a decent season this year. Just last week, he slotted 2 against West Ham, and set up the other.

Just keep on asking for Coulibaly everyone because he's got a well good name!!!

Btw Coulibaly is utter wank. But because he is foreign and has a great name he is our next striker in line.

Or.. Some of us ( like me ) just likes to take the piss on little Harry. :harryhmm:

I like Harry Kane, he's probably as much as we could ask for being our fourth choice striker. Young, athletic build ish, good strike and pretty prolific for our U21s. That said his stand out moment for us had by far in a way involved him kicking the ball away after the ref's whistle near the end of the Man U match :harrylol:

On the Harry Kane subject, does the guy in that 'Troy' magician advert remind you of him? The one who gets tricked, not the magician of course!

Back
Top Bottom