Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So we still need a keeper and striker though, unless Kane is the striker answer.

i9Ury3HjgUSzw.gif

No. :avbnaa:

Is it just me or is it too silence on our front? It seemed, according to media *cough*, to be some activity in the beginning of the window but now it all seems eerie quiet. Hopefully good guy Mr.Baldini can get us a unkown Moldovan left back. :ossie:

http://talksport.com/football/everton-confirm-loan-signing-traore-14012477112 the fuuck?! Someone drive him to London pls.

Good point. maybe we do have LB cover now, hadn't thought of that.

So we still need a keeper and striker though, unless Kane is the striker answer.

Has been slotting for fun recently, but because he doesn't have an exotic name and run at Usain Bolt speed, people write him off as if he is Emile Heskey's apprentice. Not saying he is ready right now to start up top in the prem game after game, but certainly is for the EL.

I'd be happy if we signed no one this window.

As many have said before me, at this late stage i highly doubt we'll sign someone, especially on a permanent basis. What is more likely to happen is that we will make a deal (now) to sign someone at the end of the season (not saying summer because its winter for me). Just my thoughts

Personally I have not see anything from Kane to prove that he is the answer to anything just yet.

And no, has nothing to do with fancy names or lightning pace. It has something to do with a heavy, heavy touch and not being able to find space consistently against good teams. Also, for a lad standing almost 190 cms tall, he is curiously lightweight, as if his sense of balance and body position is all terribly wrong.

And he isn't that "young" either. In fact he is just about a year younger than Eriksen.

We still need a striker to cover for Ade. I think Lacine Traore would have been perfect, if we did want him we easily could have, if Everton and West Ham was the competition.

Personally I have not see anything from Kane to prove that he is the answer to anything just yet.

And no, has nothing to do with fancy names or lightning pace. It has something to do with a heavy, heavy touch and not being able to find space consistently against good teams. Also, for a lad standing almost 190 cms tall, he is curiously lightweight, as if his sense of balance and body position is all terribly wrong.

And he isn't that "young" either. In fact he is just about a year younger than Eriksen.

We still need a striker to cover for Ade. I think Lacine Traore would have been perfect, if we did want him we easily could have, if Everton and West Ham was the competition.

Completely agreed. People vehemently defend him because of his youth, but he simply should be better than he is at this point to merit his place at a club with our ambitions. I also agree that I think we should have pursued Traore.

is anyone reading much into the affellay loan rumors?
Look no doubt we were interested in this guy in previous yrs and is no doubt a talent but he is not an outgight striker, more a wide attacking midfielder and I think we currently have enough of those to satisfy two teams.
He also has a poor injury record, I would stay away from him unless which Unlikely that Daniel is looking to sell a few of the wide players.
IMO we need to concentrate on loaning Kane out to get good game time and bring in a good quality EPL striker who can be a backup to Ade and Soldado.

The only issue with Affelay is he's been out injured for some time. Great player but his knee and thigh injuries are a risk.

Holtby will be staying and Arse will shit out on Draxler.. ManYoo will swoop..haha

I would be gobsmacked if we brought in another midfielder. We currently have 12 legimate first team (not including the potential return of Tom Carroll) midfielders competing for 4 or maybe 5 spots. It's excessive really how many we have.

I would be gobsmacked if we brought in another midfielder. We currently have 12 legimate first team (not including the potential return of Tom Carroll) midfielders competing for 4 or maybe 5 spots. It's excessive really how many we have.

im amazed given we have only 3 cb options that we havent been linked with anyone...our mission to get a another lb seems to have fallen flat too..
im mean dont get me wrong, id love another striker, but id take a new cb and lb over a new striker this period...
in the summer window we can go for benteke etc etc but for now a cb and lb

im amazed given we have only 3 cb options that we havent been linked with anyone...our mission to get a another lb seems to have fallen flat too..
im mean dont get me wrong, id love another striker, but id take a new cb and lb over a new striker this period...
in the summer window we can go for benteke etc etc but for now a cb and lb

There's still a week left.. Anything could happen.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Fredy Guarin come in and Lamela going the other way on loan.
As for the defence situation. I would imagine a LB will be sought. And maybe a CB..

Back
Top Bottom