Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This fool has the brain of a fish.

It contradicts itself reguarly. Often on the same page.

Why do you bother replying to it? Its like mickeyC on speed. 3 times the volume of shit.

Sucks-to_be_you_HAHA.gif

:levylol:

I don't want anymore tiny strikers under 180cm or strikers who "prefer to stay wide" or "playing the ball up from midfield".

We need an old fashioned out and out #9 as a viable, tactical alternative to Soldado. Someone who will go through two centrebacks, 1 keeper and even a goalpost to bundle in a dodgy cross.

I don't want anymore tiny strikers under 180cm or strikers who "prefer to stay wide" or "playing the ball up from midfield".

We need an old fashioned out and out #9 as a viable, tactical alternative to Soldado. Someone who will go through two centrebacks, 1 keeper and even a goalpost to bundle in a dodgy cross.

Andy-Carroll-006.jpg

:bentley:

Who said he's a solution? I maintain that his laziness and bad attitude are congruent, as the former is due to the latter and the latter is due to his situation.
This.
... Atleast he turns up pre season and is ready to go unlike Ade who isn't fit for about 3 months into the season. He is older but being pacey has never been his forte so he'll beable to keep playing at a high level deep into his 30s imo.
And this.

Berbatov has scored fewer goals this season than Soldado, yet he's our solution? Some of you are nuts. Lazy, bad attitude and no longer the same player. Plus he's nearly 33. Levy isn't going to give such a player a deal.

Not going to happen, and nor should it.

Just playing devil's advocate here but surely Berbatov is feeding off worse service than Soldado.

We would definitely have to sign a ST if Defoe is sold in Jan.

Imv, Morata seems unlikely. He'd rather join ArseAnal - a club in the CL.
Plus RM already cunted us over once. I bet they would do it again.

Which is why I wouldn't at all mind Berba - cheap and PL enriched.
We can get our next younger star striker in the Summer after we sell Ade.

Plus regardless Defoe staying or being sold ... a LB IS A MUST, whether that requires buying someone ... (Shaw for me; he was outstanding against City, and we'll love him and turn him into Bale) ... or whether that requires us recalling BAE. (Btw, in my ideal world we should recall BAE and sign a pre-contract with Shaw to get him in Summer.)

So, yeah there should be some activity in Jan.

Pre-contracts in the UK only apply to players who have six months or less on their contract and who are over 24 years of age. Neither apply to Shaw.

It is also pretty obvious Southampton won't be selling midseason. Why would they?

Pre-contracts in the UK only apply to players who have six months or less on their contract and who are over 24 years of age. Neither apply to Shaw.

It is also pretty obvious Southampton won't be selling midseason. Why would they?
Alright. And true that they're highly unlikely to sell him in Jan.
Sooo let's just recall BAE for the time being and really hope Levy and Baldini could bust a gut to sign this kid ahead of Chelsea and United.

Regarding Shaw, i also heard Chelski were in for him. That pretty much means we have a slim chance of getting him, not unless the lad has a personality...

there's no hope we'll get Shaw

supports the chavs, cole's out of favor with mourine and Shaw is nailed on to replace him on far more money than we'll pay, transfer fee and wages...

FM or Fifa world shit unfortunately

there's no hope we'll get Shaw

supports the chavs, cole's out of favor with mourine and Shaw is nailed on to replace him on far more money than we'll pay, transfer fee and wages...

FM or Fifa world shit unfortunately
I unfortunately have the same feeling. His boyhood fav club is indeed Chelski. And with their current situation 1 + 1 does seem to be 2.

:defoe:

... Oh well, I hope we at least try hard. Maybe Bale can put a good word?
If not him then I am pretty sure I heard that there are a couple of top notch young LBs in the La Liga with a huge potential. Could try our luck there, and try to sneak past the La Liga giants. Or maybe we could try for Buttner.

I'm hoping that with the recent performances from Oviedo, Everton will be more willing to sell Baines, in which case Man U will be willing to sell Buttner. Could work out for us.

I'm hoping that with the recent performances from Oviedo, Everton will be more willing to sell Baines, in which case Man U will be willing to sell Buttner. Could work out for us.
Why not dream a little bigger and just go for Baines? Or simply try to snatch away Oviedo...

Back
Top Bottom