Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Long is not a sub-average striker. He's a well above average striker, hence he has played many games in the Prem. Far more than Kane for example, I mean if Long is sub-average, what would that make Harry?
Long is an average Premier League striker. 44 goals in 174 games for Reading (including Championship games). 19 in 80 for West Brom. They are distinctly average stats in my mind.

Kane is below average currently, hasn't proved anything. But Kane has age on his side, he's promising. I don't think he'll make it personally. But Long won't add anything to us, he is a direct striker and we have one of those, Defoe, who is better at it in my opinion.

Long is not a sub-average striker. He's a well above average striker, hence he has played many games in the Prem. Far more than Kane for example, I mean if Long is sub-average, what would that make Harry?
Sub-average with a potential to be a bit better. You sign a player like Long and one year later you search for another replacement becasue his not good enough for your ambitions. We need to sign Players that improve our starting XI or players that have a potential to improve our starting XI. If we cant find any of those, give your youngstars a chance. Signing average players only for the sake of signing someone It's one of the worst thing you can do IMO.

Last edited:
That last paragraph is terrifying

This one bothered me more
Sherwood is eager to keep Les Ferdinand in senior role but would like Chris Ramsey and Steffen Freund to focus on the development squads, which should free up a space for Redknapp, 40.

Take Ramsey, a very highly regarded coach, and Freund a well qualified one (albeit has worked with youth) away from the first team and replace them with someone who is not actually a coach...

This one bothered me more

Take Ramsey, a very highly regarded coach, and Freund a well qualified one (albeit has worked with youth) away from the first team and replace them with someone who is not actually a coach...

It's a great work of fiction that's for sure.

Its all relative. In League 2 he would be sensational. In the premiership he is average. And I dont personally think work rate is enough to elevate him to a valued player for us

Back
Top Bottom