Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are apparently in for Lille's Kalou? Idk how I feel about that one. Rather buy someone domestically then another foreign striker...:soldadowtf:

Long's game isn't just about goals, and i agree he's an average Prem player, but that makes him a lot better than a sub-average player, who in professional terms is a Lge 2 player or thereabouts.
Yes but we're not signing League 2 players. You said he is above average, which in relation to the normal person, of course he is! But not in the Premier League. That is the comparison we are making.

Well said as usual JDK and Tommy D. It's about boosting our squad. For me we need to add a GK, CB/LB and striker. all need to be decent but not top quality, though if they prove to be that then great. If we want to make a serious go for top 4 and EL, the squad ATM is too thin to do that.

Tim is talking in a different manner, we'll see what happens.
I agree, but without the stupid amount of injuries we always seem to have, we'd generally be OK. But we do need a left back, and now we play 2 up top, at least 1 striker - even 2 if Defoe leaves.

I would prefer a Prem-based striker to a foreign import - we need someone who's ready to go from day one

In fact it's irritating already that we haven't got in a striker and CB considering our injury situation.

If we're serious about Top 4 Palace is a must win, and unless Tim is playing 'mind games' we're looking paper thin ATM.

I can see us having a quiet transfer window, to the point of not signing anyone actually (although i hope this is not the case). Not sure if we can sign anyone of real quality in the striker department or for LB at this time of year and i can see Sherwood insisting with players from the youth team in case we are in need of cover.

I am not sure the key to our season right now is to sign new players in order to provide cover, but rather to make the ones we have at the moment improve their game. We have plenty of talent at the club, we just need to put it to better use.

I guess that depends on the clubs ambition.

If Levy wrote off the rest of the season when he put Tim in charge then fair enough, play the youngsters and see if they develop, what does it matter?

If Levy still expects a tilt at the top 4 and the cups then we absolutely need to strengthen at least at LB

I guess that depends on the clubs ambition.

If Levy wrote off the rest of the season when he put Tim in charge then fair enough, play the youngsters and see if they develop, what does it matter?

If Levy still expects a tilt at the top 4 and the cups then we absolutely need to strengthen at least at LB
Fair argument, but we had a better chance of reaching the top 4 last year and Levy opted not to sign a striker in the winter, which ultimately cost us a CL spot. I would not be surprised if the same thing happened this season.

Fair argument, but we had a better chance of reaching the top 4 last year and Levy opted not to sign a striker in the winter, which ultimately cost us a CL spot. I would not be surprised if the same thing happened this season.

I wouldnt be surprised either, he seems very reluctant in January.
He was the same under Harry.

Im coming around to the idea of a couple of loans. I really dont like or particularly rate Lescott, but if it comes down to him or Capoue I know which I prefer.

Equally LB, Vertonghen should never play there and IMO Naughton and Fryers just arent good enough. Id rather someone competent there.

I guess that depends on

If Levy wrote off the rest of the season when he put Tim in charge then fair enough, play the youngsters and see i

f they develop, what does it matter?
Well if Daniel Levy HAS written the season off, as you speculate, with us only 2 points off the top 4 and 8 points off the summit, thats a fucking disgrace and massive kick in the teeth to all season ticket holders and paid up members of this football club. However, having said that, Daniel Levy usually writes our season off in January anyway even when we are IN the top 4

We don't need anyone in midfield, bringing back Benny is all we need. But! Fryers to give Rose a run for left back..get some silly money for Defoe from Murica or Canada or wherever..tempt Villa for Benteke (yes outta form blahblah... will dick it at the lane)

Our squad is fairly decent cover-wise, we need a left back and a back-up goalie, but i dont see us doing anything else unless someone amazing becomes available. a possible Centre Back as well depending on the severity of the injuries currently being nursed.

Maybe Vigouroux will be recalled at the end of the season to play backup to Lloris.... He'd probably prefer to warm our bench than to carry on conceding 2.7 goals per game at Hyde.

I'm pretty sure kalou has premier league experience, unless the premier league completely changed since he was at chelsea. I really wouldn't mind having him he might bring something different, and god knows we need that. Are you comfortable with a striker who has ups and downs and another who has all the skill in the world but can't get a shot on target as ur only strikers in a 2 striker set up? I'm not.

Back
Top Bottom