Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Play him in the hole for every game for the rest of the season. Nothing to lose. Think top 4 is out of reach. Never know, a few good games and it might just click. He's obviously got quality and vision.
C'mon now, top 4 out of reach? Where is your faith mate .. With the players we have there is all possibility that we'll place top 4. Not even being unrealistic. If we got some good games going with the same eleven (bar injuries etc) i am confident. So should you.

Judging a player's technique, which is what we're doing, is not exclusive to the club he's currently at.

Also, I'm not dissing Bale. Behind Modric, he's the best player I've seen play live for Spurs. Get your head out of the sand and do some research man.

You can't debate with people who know nothing about the subject mater mate, save your breath.
This is the same guy who wants to swap Lamela for a striker but can't name the striker we swap him for,

Finding myself more and more annoyed with all the Lamela chatter on Spurs forums. Kid's not goin anywhere, so stop freaking out and the debates between Lennon and Lamela are useless as we don't get to make any decisions. If I were a conspiracist, I'd believe the club planted bullshit in the media about Lamela to distract people from steamrolling the club into dealing with the left back situation. We've too glaring of needs along the backline to be up in the arms about whether our record signing is already leaving or not.

Finding myself more and more annoyed with all the Lamela chatter on Spurs forums. Kid's not goin anywhere, so stop freaking out and the debates between Lennon and Lamela are useless as we don't get to make any decisions. If I were a conspiracist, I'd believe the club planted bullshit in the media about Lamela to distract people from steamrolling the club into dealing with the left back situation. We've too glaring of needs along the backline to be up in the arms about whether our record signing is already leaving or not.
Please, stop with the logic. Thinking every negative rumour is true and every positive rumour is false is far more fun.

Out of Lamela's 15 goals for Roma last season, 3 were headers :)
Again thanks for the facts. That gives me encouragement re Lamela. I hope he succeeds. I can't see him ever being at Bale level, let alone Ronaldo, but if he can become our best outfield player this season or next, that'll do me.

I know next to nothing about what Lamela did at Roma, hence I wasn't particularly excited by his signing, but happy to believe at that price, we'd bought quality. He's shown glimpses of that quality, here's hoping he shows a whole lot more.

C'mon now, top 4 out of reach? Where is your faith mate .. With the players we have there is all possibility that we'll place top 4. Not even being unrealistic. If we got some good games going with the same eleven (bar injuries etc) i am confident. So should you.
ATM, I feel top 4 is out of reach and have felt so since the Toon game. My faith disappeared after we lost that one and the West Ham 0-3, and after the 0-5 v Pool, I was just looking to the cups. IF we beat Palace a little bit of belief might spring up,but I'm very unhappy with the lack of transfer activity, and it seems to me it's going to be another wasted winter sales. Once more ENIC are showing a lack of ambition (so far anyway), and failing to plug the gaps that have appeared this season.

@ Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever

Does Lamela's dribbling ability and general tendency to glide over the pitch not remind you a tiny bit of this countryman of his?

Yep it does GM, though they strike me as different players. Incidentally over his career Villa wasn't that great for us, though of course if Lamela could give us one 'magic moment', like 81 Wembley, that'd do for me.

But I wouldn't rank Villa in our top 50 players, and the way some go on about Lamela they seem to think he has the capacity to be in our top 20, let alone top 50. We'll see.

Bale I rate in our top XI BTW, in my lifetime anyway, which I'm talking about, going back to the late 50s anyway, I didn't have any opinions as a toddler on the beautiful game :)

ATM, I feel top 4 is out of reach and have felt so since the Toon game. My faith disappeared after we lost that one and the West Ham 0-3, and after the 0-5 v Pool, I was just looking to the cups. IF we beat Palace a little bit of belief might spring up,but I'm very unhappy with the lack of transfer activity, and it seems to me it's going to be another wasted winter sales. Once more ENIC are showing a lack of ambition (so far anyway), and failing to plug the gaps that have appeared this season.

Those defeats you are mentioning are by no means the making of a great season and our form has been terrible at times. However, i believe we are past that and our game has slightly improved of late. I also doubt that some of the other top 4 contenders will be able to maintain the momentum. With plenty of games to go, i would be a bit more optimistic if i were you.

You also mention that winning against Palace might raise your spirits. Out last match in the league was a win against United, if that didn't raise your spirits then why would a win against Palace do that?

I was being tad pessamestic mate. I think we've an outside chance but I really can't see city.. Woolwich and pool (kills me to say it) its between us UTC and maybe Everton. The thing I'm worried about mate is up until a few games back we had at least 3-4 changes ever game. I'd like to see Tim stick to side and let it gel.

I'm not totally unoptimistic about top 4 but I've come to the conclusion that its not the end of the world. I just want to see Team based around footballers like lamala, eriksen, soldado and stick with it till the end of season. We're far from a bad side but I think man u might be our only change in.

When you say with the players we have I think this was avbs downfall. Even on here we can't agree on a start in 11. I hope it works out gotta say I've been inpressed with Sherwood. Makes you think all the avb over the top tactics aren't needed in a simple enough game as football.

Now that Defoe is more or less going to be gone, do any of you think we have a replacement in line, even if it will be temporary?

I hope so, but kinda think not. If Defoe is loaned to us up until March, then surely no striker is coming in, as I'm sure the club will feel they can handle 2-3 months with a striker less. Plus, we would still have Kane.

However, if Defoe isn't loaned (to us), I guess any striker incoming depends on TS's views on Kane.

Regardless, I have a feeling that we'll only see ... Carroll's return, and maybe a CB loan (or cheap fee).

Now that Defoe is more or less going to be gone, do any of you think we have a replacement in line, even if it will be temporary?

Of course we do!

3_%20Harry%20Kane%20hilarious.jpg

dat pressure..
already expecting Lamela to be near Ronaldo/Bale level.

just breathe.
i have no idea how he will turn out, but the obvious is, he isnt Bale.
:adebaehug:

Back
Top Bottom