Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those defeats you are mentioning are by no means the making of a great season and our form has been terrible at times. However, i believe we are past that and our game has slightly improved of late. I also doubt that some of the other top 4 contenders will be able to maintain the momentum. With plenty of games to go, i would be a bit more optimistic if i were you.

You also mention that winning against Palace might raise your spirits. Out last match in the league was a win against United, if that didn't raise your spirits then why would a win against Palace do that?
If you were me, you would be as pessimistic/realistic as me.

Utd was great, but all that did was get back the West Ham 0-3.

We still have to get back the Toon 0-1 - Beating Palace wouldn't do that- but it would light a little candle in a long dark tunnel. That could easily be snuffed out by Swansea. We've thrown away so many points this season, only if we build on the win v Utd will we ... enough metaphors and analogies already, I think you get my drift. :)

ATM I don't think top 4 is on, simple as that for me.

So, can we trust JD to give it all he's got?

I'm disappointed if this means we're not going to get another striker in.

I would think he would give his all, its still a world cup year and i bet he still wants a shot at that, plus - what better way to please the fans at his new club than performing better than ever before right before he comes over there? I'm sure he's loving life right now, being called one of the greatest signings the MLS has ever made. Beckham played there, Thierry (cunt) plays there!

If you were me, you would be as pessimistic/realistic as me.

Utd was great, but all that did was get back the West Ham 0-3.

We still have to get back the Toon 0-1 - Beating Palace wouldn't do that- but it would light a little candle in a long dark tunnel. That could easily be snuffed out by Swansea. We've thrown away so many points this season, only if we build on the win v Utd will we ... enough metaphors and analogies already, I think you get my drift. :)

ATM I don't think top 4 is on, simple as that for me.

In some respects I would agree with you. But this season is weird. Teams are losing all over which has effectively kept us in the game despite being a little poor.

I think city will pick up pace and unfortunately Woolwich seem to be cantering along. But Chelsea, Liverpool and Man United are just as suspect as us. Everton are decent to be fair, newcastle are fading as expected.

I think top 4 is on. But I don't hold out hope.

All the talk of Defoe leaving...to me, he's shown a few performances where he's been worthy of playing. But a lot of the time he's done the typical Defoe thing of quick turn, hit and hope, selfish play that we know he does.

To me, he's now at a similar level to Harry Kane. The obvious difference being that Kane drops deep and can link up, has serious development potential and has performed relatively well whenever he's been brought on.

As much as I can appreciate Defoe's contributions to Tottenham, I don't think our keeping him would necessarily mean that those contributions would be added to in any significant way. And Kane needs the game time.

Farewell, JD.

Back
Top Bottom