Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I'm not mistaken , spurs paid more for Soldado then City did for Negredo. So I'm sure , spurs could have upped the ante if they truly wanted Negredo.

This is all in hindsight of course. It's just too bad Spurs got it wrong with their Striker selection

Just speculation, but I guess City pay more for Negredo than we do for Soldado now and the coming years.

If Lamela is as good as I think he is, it's a tough one. I don't think we realistically could get someone like Ozil without CL, but we have bought at least 2 great players in Summer.
I agree. I think we probably got the best players we could without the promise of CL. And I don't think we've seen the best of Eriksen yet, either.

If Lamela is as good as I think he is, it's a tough one. I don't think we realistically could get someone like Ozil without CL, but we have bought at least 2 great players in Summer.

Ozil is world class n a true difference maker out there (just like Bale)

Lamela might become one day but right now he seems like he has a Long long way to go.

World class players are hard to come and can elevate any club.

Got it bro. Trust me , i respect that and understand the other side to the argument.

I just sort of envision Ozil as another Bale and I would give anything to have kept bale for this year. Thus avoiding most of these purchases.
I completely get you- I truly believe Capoue is going to be a special player- maybe more so than any of the other 7 (which is why I'm furious about the exit talk). Eriksen is also very good. If you said Vlad, Holtby, and Sig- I'd say absolutely.

The problem is that since last winter we've brought in 12 new first team players through purchase, return from loan, and the academy while we've only had 5 first team players depart.

There was always going to be players wanting to go due to lack of playing time. That was inevitable. It is just frustrating that it is so many of our newly purchased players who we all put a lot of hope into.

The problem is that since last winter we've brought in 12 new first team players through purchase, return from loan, and the academy while we've only had 5 first team players depart.

There was always going to be players wanting to go due to lack of playing time. That was inevitable. It is just frustrating that it is so many of our newly purchased players who we all put a lot of hope into.

Especially now with 4-4-2!

It just shows though with Tottenham you can never have enough players, always 8 injured

I don't know what Baldini's status is nowadays, tenuous I'd imagine. I wouldn't mind Cortese at Tottenham as DoF. Probably prefer him to Pochettino.

Anyway, I'd take any of Lallana, Rodriguez, Lambert, Shaw, Ward-Prowse, Lovren or Schneiderlin at Spurs.

If I'm not mistaken , spurs paid more for Soldado then City did for Negredo. So I'm sure , spurs could have upped the ante if they truly wanted Negredo.

This is all in hindsight of course. It's just too bad Spurs got it wrong with their Striker selection
I honestly believe that if we'd signed Negredo and City had signed Soldado, Soldado would have been as good for City as Negredo has been, and Negredo would have been as bad for us as Soldado has been. Both have all the attributes to be great strikers, the difference is that one has enjoyed having a team playing around him that links up with him and helps him to score goals, and the other hasn't.

Cortese is a fucking helm

Maybe true but he's sure as shit done a better job putting together a football team than anyone at Spurs has ever done.

They were in league one with a ten point deduction when he got there and now four years later they are a top half team stocked with a bevy of young talent. He clearly knows how to do something.

Maybe true but he's sure as shit done a better job putting together a football team than anyone at Spurs has ever done.

They were in league one with a ten point deduction when he got there and now four years later they are a top half team stocked with a bevy of young talent. He clearly knows how to do something.
wouldn't put that down to him tbf, they had a good academy before he came along.

Back
Top Bottom