Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't sell lloris for a penny less than 20 million though...personally I unlike the press dnt really read too much into his comments...

I don't think he's necessarily saying anything of importance, as his slice and diced quotes fit exactly the formula of title: "Player 'X' drops hint of exit." However, realistically speaking, our players will always be more likely to poach as long as we are not top four perennials. If we don't make top four this year, I think everyone would be realistic in expecting to see plenty of crap this summer pertaining to Europe's elite hovering over Vertonghen, Lloris, and possibly even Chiriches if the news about Dortmund today was true and given the context of his agent's comments last September.

Centerbacks are a hot commodity these days, almost as much as strikers since it takes a more particular physical frame than frankly any of the other field positions. If we don't make top four, Vertonghen pulling on a Spurs shirt next fall can be seen as our best signing of the summer.

This guy?

25aa8928277940_628b4e00ba_o.gif
Someones been watching Paul Robinson videos:dempsey2:

As I mentioned before, don't be surprised to see a Levy-time deal for Berba.

How is this related to Holtby?

Well, I could very much see us getting Berba in exchange for Fulham (who can get one more PL player on loan) getting Holtby on loan.

New house, but in London + Fulham also in London ... 1+1 ... is ticking all the boxes for me.
Definitely not beyond the realms of probability!

I'm not saying an optimal at this point, otherwise I'd agree with you. I'm saying that that is exactly what our team would have looked like on Sep 14th when we hosted Norwich if I were in charge of the transfers.

Would Capoue have played with the splint on, after spraining his ankle the week before. Would probably restrict his movement. And Kaboul wouldn't have performed to a decent level either. That may be who you wanted to play,but thank fuck you're not our manager,

Would Capoue have played with the splint on, after spraining his ankle the week before. Would probably restrict his movement. And Kaboul wouldn't have performed to a decent level either. That may be who you wanted to play,but thank fuck you're not our manager,

:paulinhofacepalm: It was entirely fantasy. How miserable can you be to spend a Sunday evening picking apart a post like that?

I don't think he's necessarily saying anything of importance, as his slice and diced quotes fit exactly the formula of title: "Player 'X' drops hint of exit." However, realistically speaking, our players will always be more likely to poach as long as we are not top four perennials. If we don't make top four this year, I think everyone would be realistic in expecting to see plenty of crap this summer pertaining to Europe's elite hovering over Vertonghen, Lloris, and possibly even Chiriches if the news about Dortmund today was true and given the context of his agent's comments last September.

Centerbacks are a hot commodity these days, almost as much as strikers since it takes a more particular physical frame than frankly any of the other field positions. If we don't make top four, Vertonghen pulling on a Spurs shirt next fall can be seen as our best signing of the summer.
Agree! And if that takes a 20-30% pay rise, to keep them! Then so be it! Long term (CL Qualification) it will pay off!

Hugo has told the French Press he may assess his future if we fail to reach CL.

Would be pretty gutted if he left as he's the best keeper we've had for years. Obviously doesn't mean he'd definitely go should we fail to reach the "Promised Land", but we'll probably have to sit few plenty of news stories over the summer if it does happen with a fair few of our players. I know its nothing surprising and the press will run with these quotes just thought I'd post it in here.

Le Exødüß

its real. its going to happen if we do not qualify. Hopefully Levy and Co. have enough money and fresh ideas in the war chest to keep us relevant. #exodus

From Gomes' facebook page;

Good morning, yesterday I shared a picture, and I wrote 'off to Eindhoven', but I didn't said that I was going back to PSV, I went there because I still got friends there and I went to visit one of them, everyone knows that PSV is very special for me and hope that I can play there again one day, but it is not the case at the moment, I have been as professional as possible during the time I'm not playing, I still have a contract here till the summer and of course I believe I got many years to play in top level, I will looking for it ,but at the mean time I have to do it right, thank you so much for the all best wishes that I received from my SPURS fans and the welcome messages that I received from my PSV fans, but I'm not going nowhere yet! God Bless you all!

I've always liked Gomes and really thought he saved us more points than costed. Maybe I was being naive. Sad to see him waste so many years at our club.

I bought up the point some time ago that not getting into the champions league is one of the main reasons that our club keeps 'under achieving'. This is the sort of stuff that I think backs up my opinion. 4th place has become a sore point for us, our best players leaving us because they aren't in the CL. The constant speculation that they might leave if we don't achieve 4th doesn't help either. Of course on the rare occasion we made 4th we then dropped back out again, and then the players left. Until we are a regular top 4 finisher we will always be in this cycle of replacing our best talent and struggling to achieve CL qualification as a result.

It's a vicious circle.

images

I will be utterly disappointed if this shit about vucinic is true, i don't know about you guys, but i don't think he is that good, and he cannot keep his pants on. That's a problem when you have super jan in your team

Yeh might be a tough summer but look at the Bale saga, not a fan of Levy but as most of them are on long contracts anyone coming in for our players can be extorted. I would prefer to keep Vertoghen at all costs but if we get players trying to force moves away we simply make their prices insane.

If Barca want Verts, they can pay £60 million or give us one or two of their lesser players, if PSG want Llores its £40 Million or Cavani. Eriksen and Paulinho £50 million each. Remeber how RM went from being titans grabbing Bale from the little club to a bunch of desperate morons being forced to pay near £90 million for Bale, any player wants to go we try and keep them, if they try and do a Bale we extort whoever for 50-60 million a player. The one good thing about Levy is he will do this during the summer, we will either keep are top players or be left with stupid amounts of cash.

Back
Top Bottom