Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Capoue will be the bigger loss out of him and Holtby...

...though because Holtby is a fans favourite, his departure may feel like it has more initial impact!
I just wanna know that Sandro is fit, and back for good, before letting someone like Capoue leave... Bentaleb may well be the future, but he isn't going to maintain his current level for EVERY game he plays...
we still need options!

@ WindyCOYS WindyCOYS tweeted that we are looking at a loan swap deal Holtby for berbatov. Don't know about berba but surely it would be the best move for all parties if we loaned Holtby to another prem side where he is guaranteed to start. Then we can see how he fares in this league with a decent amount of regular football under his belt. You can see the guy has talent but he's never going to fulfil his potential unless he's playing and with everyone fit there isn't space on our squad for him to do that.

@ WindyCOYS WindyCOYS tweeted that we are looking at a loan swap deal Holtby for berbatov. Don't know about berba but surely it would be the best move for all parties if we loaned Holtby to another prem side where he is guaranteed to start. Then we can see how he fares in this league with a decent amount of regular football under his belt. You can see the guy has talent but he's never going to fulfil his potential unless he's playing and with everyone fit there isn't space on our squad for him to do that.
That would be a great move, I'm not keen on the bulgarian son of a rapist but to have him on the sidelines in case of injury for the next couple of months is a decent option.

I always have, you can find faults and bad misses from even the worlds best players, normally a confidence related thing from, say, never getting game time at your domestic club.

I'd prefer him to Dimi, better investment tbh
I am not looking for faults nor misses.

I am discussing a player I like many other PL fans have watched playing numerous times - and who hasn't done anything of note nor shown anything, to prove he is the player wanted by a top team. Even with only Welbeck fit, Hernandez has STILL been sitting on the bench. He is that average.

Investment, you say? Frankly I don't care about investment. I care about Spurs, the football club, and getting the right players in.

Apart from not being good enough in the first place, Hernandez is not only not the right players - in many ways he is outright the wrong player. We need a mobile striker who works hard off the ball, who can be an outlet either on the deck or in the air, who links well with midfield and who thrives equally playing alone or as a front 2. Hernandez offers simply none of those things. There is absolutely no point in selling Defoe and buying Hernandez to sit on the bench.

Have we really gotten to thinking AVB decided to sell either of those?

Not at all regarding Bale and Modric, however I strongly believe he flexed his first power trip regarding VDV, when he signed Siggy and made him first choice.

Im more pointing out its as stupid to throw a hissy fit because we might be selling two fringe players, who have done little to nothing for this club, are clearly not in the manager's plans, and are not desperately needed or ever have been.

Not at all regarding Bale and Modric, however I strongly believe he flexed his first power trip regarding VDV, when he signed Siggy and made him first choice.

Im more pointing out its as stupid to throw a hissy fit because we might be selling two fringe players, who have done little to nothing for this club, are clearly not in the manager's plans, and are not desperately needed or ever have been.

Aw, I dunno... Holtby has come in handy in the 'Cups' once or twice!

We don't know how long this particular manager would be here for - allowing him to decimate the squad as he pleases and humiliate proven internationals while making us the laughing stock of the PL would be suicide, especially after our best transfer window in ages.

Capoue is also our only cover for Sandro - how can you possibly conclude he was never needed?

We don't know how long this particular manager would be here for

Exactly. Maybe he knows....or maybe Levy knows, and thats why he is prepared to sanction the sales.

At the end of the day, Holtby wants out, and he should be allowed to leave. Or should we just leave him on the bench and ruin his career.....or maybe play him to appease a few fans?

Exactly. Maybe he knows....or maybe Levy knows, and thats why he is prepared to sanction the sales.

At the end of the day, Holtby wants out, and he should be allowed to leave. Or should we just leave him on the bench and ruin his career.....or maybe play him to appease a few fans?
Or, how about play him because he's actually good?

Typical Tottenham stupidity.

Whoever makes those decisions have no clue about football.

What if they were the players that fell into the category of your little rant the other month?

I don't know what you feel. But I would like to see the names of those players and have them publically shamed. And then flogged in the jan transfer window. And I don't even cared whether it is the flops, whether is is the old chums guard, whether it is the AVB outcasts, whether it is our proud captain (who AVB tried to get out this summer - ask me for Meulensteens story, if you care to read it, about just that situation!) or whether it is our IMHO stars like Hugo, Jan and Sandro. I want to players who stabbed the manager, no matter who he was, out right away. They can all just fuck right off.

Oh dear oh dear...

I think AVB (like many 'modern/foreign managers') had a 'Cup team' and a 'League team' in mind... with a few crossing over to be in both...

Capoue & Holtby (and Siggy/Defoe for that matter) were very much a part of the 'Cup squad' ...and seeing as we're only in one now, maybe Timmy sees them as surplus!

I dunno, I don't think Tim works the same way, in that he'll pick either who's in form, or who he just likes (depending on your viewpoint of him) ...and I don't think he holds the UEFA Cup in anywhere near the same high esteem as AVB did... which could be worrying!

Timmy is 'old school' enough to be all about the FA Cup if anything... so it was even more annoying to see what happened to us in this year's competition!

Back
Top Bottom