Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur (15/12/19) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great win, great, great win. It's always going to be tough for us to control games like this with Dier and Sissoko in the midfield but winning is all that matters. We won this game and now we need to win the next one.

well yes and no

I can't see how we can keep enough possession with Sissoko Lucas and Son all playing together away at a good passing team.

Sorry, but some of you guys need to start being more consistent in your criticisms and condemnation.

In the past when we have dominated teams that come to play us and set up negatively and sneak a goal - our own fans (?) lambast the team for not breaking them down.

We play a possession based team (like we used to be) away and do them - and everyone wants to say its robbery and they were unlucky! WTF?

They had the same amount of shots on target as us, but we put 2 of them in, and they only put one in.

I could be wrong, and I'm not a fan of statistics, but I think that means we were better - let me check the score.....................

Oh yes, we were................the winners!

Awful by JM, but let's face it... if Poch was in charge of that game it would have been a 'Munich 7' to Wolves today as they were that good.

Our overall defensive organisation and resilience is improving.

So, heading in the right direction.

Wolves are terrible in the air. Outside of that near post run that was a decent chance that Gazza saved, there were maybe two good chances from crosses all match. Wolves goal came on a wonder strike. This match was peak away match against a good side Mourinho.

I don't feel sorry for them. No one gave 2 shits for us when we battered Leicester and Everton away and deserved to win, but were on the end of some poor refereeing decisions that cost us the game.

:tobyarm:

As much as I'm loving our smash-n-grab and siliencing their muggy fans, I can't help but respect and admire the way they played.

Mourinho is genius. He just toyed with Wolves and obviously told the players to pretend they couldn't pass a ball 5 yards just to let Wolves think they were really, really good, then he just makes a sub that wins the game in injury time. It was all just to fuck with Nuno's head and hope it starts a losing streak. I think he let Man Utd beat us just so they'd keep Ole. He think in ways us mere mortals could never understand.

Great result but, not trying to be negative, we can't sweep the performance under the rug. It just wasn't good enough for where we need to be.

In the end, it's a confidence builder for sure but we have a loooooong way to go. I still have no idea how we managed to steal that result.

You realize Wolves haven't lost a game at home for some time and Molyneux is a bit of a fortress right?

A template for how we will play away from home. We were almost giving the ball away on purpose, to avoid getting out of our defensive shape. Wait for a set piece. Boom.

It won’t be pretty with Jose but it will be effective.

Not many teams will get points here.

That was a great win, against a very good side - particularly at home.

We showed some real resolve and character, all the things we haven't shown for a long time.

It wasn't a "smash and grab" it was an excellent defensive display with a game plan to hit them on the break, and it worked.

Awful by JM, but let's face it... if Poch was in charge of that game it would have been a 'Munich 7' to Wolves today as they were that good.

Our overall defensive organisation and resilience is improving.

So, heading in the right direction.
What the fuck are you talking about? Awful by JM? Yet we are improving in our weakest area?

Why do you think it is we are getting thoroughly outplayed? Because our midfield is so good?
No, because he worked and worked and worked and worked and worked and worked.

Did you not notice that Wolves were the best team we have played so far, City aside?

At half time I scrolled through the comments and all I saw was moaning, you all must have watched a different game to me. I thoroughly enjoyed that, a hard fought victory against an excellent team. You and others seemed to have seen some other match.

Fucking Dier - that wasn't brilliant!
Fucking Sissoko, kicking it out for a throw in!
Fucking Aurier - why arent you Maldini?
Fucking Mourinho, Eriksen??????

Stop posting during matches, go back to enjoying a game of football

Loved that game.

I think they really demonstrated how the mentality is changing under Mourinho.

Top four, come on!

(This is the first time I've been happy since the election result...)

Absolutely more comfortable defending. Felt this would’ve been a game that we let slip away in the past.

Traore hits that goal over the net 95% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom