Woolwich v Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With the race for 3rd/4th hotting up you can't really look for anything else but an away win here can you?
Throw in some red cards, broken legs perhaps? . . . . discuss.

Side note: Although I doubt Chelsea will win the Champions League can you imagine how funny it will be if they do and Woolwich finish 4th? Surely more weight on the argument for a Chelsea win here.

Re: Woolwich v Chelsea

Our form is to shit. I don't care about 3rd anymore. I want the Woolwich filth to win to widen the gap between 4th & 5th/6th.

Champion's League at all costs IMO.

Part of me still thinks we can get 3rd, we've got piss easy games and if the scum lose to Chelsea they'll be just 5pts above with 2 games more.

Our form at the moment is shit, no question. But maybe we were 'distracted' by the F.A. Cup (I don't fall for that shit but some people factor it in) and will now go on to smash everyone in the last 5. A draw may well be an ideal result for us, keeps Chelsk at bay and le Arse within touching distance.

Abbey Yid said:
we've got piss easy games

piss easy like Norwich and Sunderland? Albeit they are good sides but they were part of our "easy" run in everyone was talking about. Although I do agree we can still get 3rd if we liven up.

AlMacca_ said:
Abbey Yid said:

piss easy like Norwich and Sunderland? Albeit they are good sides but they were part of our "easy" run in everyone was talking about. Although I do agree we can still get 3rd if we liven up.
Must've typed that while in a daydream!

Metaphorically speaking they are piss easy. We should win them. If we'd played any of the 5 in the first half of the season we'd have raped them.

I know we're on shit form but it's been long enough now, we're gonna get back to winning eventually and I can see us fucking smashing QPR (i've said this in the build up to the past 10 games but it's gotta happen some time!)

Abbey Yid said:
AlMacca_ said:
Abbey Yid said:

Must've typed that while in a daydream!

Metaphorically speaking they are piss easy. We should win them. If we'd played any of the 5 in the first half of the season we'd have raped them.

I know we're on shit form but it's been long enough now, we're gonna get back to winning eventually and I can see us fucking smashing QPR (i've said this in the build up to the past 10 games but it's gotta happen some time!)

haha I've been the same the past few games I'm always confident before thinking our bad run will end but it hasn't :( QPR is definitely the one though! I can feel it in my bones...

While our form has been shit, we have been one or two breaks away from picking up more points each match we have dropped. Chelsea are on their best run of the season and I still would say we unarguably look the better side. The scum just dropped 3 at home to Wigan and have two tough matches remaining. Our remaining fixtures are not terribly difficult, and all we need is one win to get us rolling, again.

#COYS

Burko said:
Especially if we finish 4th and don't get in as a result.

This won't happen, Chelsea wouldn't qualify even if they won and finished outside of Top 4.

Or, they'd wangle it like Liverpool managed to a few years back.

tehTrunk said:
Burko said:

This won't happen, Chelsea wouldn't qualify even if they won and finished outside of Top 4.

UEFA changed the rules a few years ago (following the Liverpool 'fudge') so Chelsea would get an automatic CL spot at the expense of the 4th placed club if they win the CL this year.

LLB Part Deux said:
tehTrunk said:
Burko said:

UEFA changed the rules a few years ago (following the Liverpool 'fudge') so Chelsea would get an automatic CL spot at the expense of the 4th placed club if they win the CL this year.
Yep, and if memoery serves this was the same possible threat we faced in the lasagnegate year as Woolwich were in 5th but were about to face Barca in the CL final. The treat was that if we finished 4th, as we were expected to, we might still have lost out had they beat Barca.

I remember a lot of Spurs fans turning up to Upton Park that day wearing Barca scarves.

Wasn't claiming that we were the better side on Sunday, was speaking more in general terms. Not to mention we don't have two legs against Barcelona and a cup final on the agenda, as well.

Were we that bad on Sunday? I don't think so. We slacked off and let our heads drop thats my biggest disappointment. It took a wonder goal and a phantom goal for them to be up on us. I don't think anyone could say that they were 4 goals better than us.

I think we need a lucky break, a last minute winner of some kind perhaps and we will be ok. Believe.

stainesspurs said:
I'm struggling to find the "funny" side of Chelsea winning the Champions League.

Seeing that cunt lifting the cup in Munich would be horrendous.

Football would curl up and die.

Or maybe it already has.

tehTrunk said:
Burko said:

Or, they'd wangle it like Liverpool managed to a few years back.

It's all Liverpool's fault.....

Uefa Rule 1.03

Title-holder
1.03 The UEFA Champions League title-holder is guaranteed a place in the group
stage even if it does not qualify for the competition through its domestic
championship.
a) If the title-holder comes from an association entitled to more than one
place in the UEFA Champions League and qualifies for the UEFA Cup
through its domestic competitions, the lowest-ranked club of the
association’s UEFA Champions League representatives is automatically
transferred to the UEFA Cup. In this case, the number of places to which
the title-holder's national association is entitled in the UEFA Champions
League and the UEFA Cup does not change.

:defoe:

Scum stat, out of the 5 games arteta has missed this season, Woolwich have drawn 1 and lost 4. I'm on my phone but I think this deserves a roaring vdv smiley.

Back
Top Bottom