Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still don't know why Kane was brought back for the CL final when moura having scored a hat trick in the semi final was benched terrible decision and smacked of playing someone who can do no wrong

No disagreement from me on that.

It's a blind spot Pochettino needs to lose.

Kane at his best is maybe the best but that has not been in evidence for a considerable length of time.

That decision undermined the notion of playing players in form.

Everyone in the media are writing us off and claiming Woolwich are a shoe in for top four.

Makes me laugh, these stupid cunts never learn do they? They have said the same thing for the past 3 seasons, hasn't happened yet and it will not be happening this season either, COYS.

Everyone in the media are writing us off and claiming Woolwich are a shoe in for top four.

Makes me laugh, these stupid cunts never learn do they? They have said the same thing for the past 3 seasons, hasn't happened yet and it will not be happening this season either, COYS.
We got away with it last year with our shit form for the last 3 months they only finished a point behind us, and right now do we look a top four side I would say no.

I gotta be honest... I HATE the NLD... don't get me wrong, I love the fact the rivalry exists, and the history, and winning them...
But the physical feeling in the build up, and during the game is unlike ANY other...
Despite what some people feel about our rivalry with 'other London clubs' NOTHING touches this one!

I almost admire anyone who DOESN'T go through the emotional wringer twice a season when we play... you can't tell me it's 'just another game'

...I'd even argue that the clichéd 'its the same 3 Points available as any other game' argument isn't even valid... bearing in mind the psychological boost/battering you get depending on the result!!

Its always a gut wrenching rollercoaster that is only halted at FT... and THEN the *Fun/Autopsy* can begin!!

Wouldn't have it ANY other way... im glad we have a GENUINE, heated rivalry, based on historical foul play and a geography that shouldn't even be close... Charlton should be their derby... instead it's US!

I can only truly enjoy the day once it's over and ONLY if we win... but fuck me it's hard going!

*delete as applicable!!

Perfect game for us today.

Always goals. Always passion.

The NLD is no place for tapping the ball sideways for an hour.

I’ve no idea what happened to the press, if it just died as players were over it or if Poch deliberately moved on - but I feel we’ll see a version of it today.

High scoring draw....

:harrysmile:

As much as I hate the cunts after seeing the state of city and united you would think they were up there for top 4? The way I see things at the minute is pool and city and going for the title and us, south London, Chelsea and united are battling for top 4?

Mmm .... fitter now?
Just a thought

Ok so let’s start him in the NLD because apparently one week ago he was so unfit he couldnt start against Newcastle, or possibly understand the tactics required of him.

Fast learner that boy.

I think we all know Lo Celso could have been used by now. Remind me all at Christmas when he’s the new GKN how you all thought Poch was right.

As much as I hate the cunts after seeing the state of city and united you would think they were up there for top 4? The way I see things at the minute is pool and city and going for the title and us, south London, Chelsea and united are battling for top 4?

I just think it's too early to say mate tbh, a few seasons back we had a shit start to the season and Woolwich were top of the league, they were banging on about how they were turning a corner 4 games in and all this nonsense and we ended up finishing well ahead of them if my memory serves correctly.

Their back four is not top 4 material, which means they will have to outscore people (which they might do) but I don't know if that will be enough to get them into the top four imo, certainly not finishing above us.

I think our form will turn, it has to, we can't continue to be as shit as we have been for the rest of the season, at some point it will click again imo, if it doesn't then yes, they will finish above us but I just think it's way too early to know right now mate.

We got away with it last year with our shit form for the last 3 months they only finished a point behind us, and right now do we look a top four side I would say no.
I don't disagree with you mate, I just think we will turn a corner and improve, I think Woolwich are already playing at their peak and we are nowhere near ours, that's the difference imo.

I just think it's too early to say mate tbh, a few seasons back we had a shit start to the season and Woolwich were top of the league, they were banging on about how they were turning a corner 4 games in and all this nonsense and we ended up finishing well ahead of them if my memory serves correctly.

Their back four is not top 4 material, which means they will have to outscore people (which they might do) but I don't know if that will be enough to get them into the top four imo, certainly not finishing above us.

I think our form will turn, it has to, we can't continue to be as shit as we have been for the rest of the season, at some point it will click again imo, if it doesn't then yes, they will finish above us but I just think it's way too early to know right now mate.
I don’t think they will finish above us regardless of the result today, I do think they will finish above United and Chelsea though

Back
Top Bottom