Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Forget the finer points. Got to be pleased with that outcome. Everything was against us. Took guts to survive that.

Context.

Woolwich have played Liverpool and Spurs, thrown the sink at them and failed to win either.

Spurs have played Shity and the Goons away, with problems to deal with and not lost either.

I know which club i’d rather be right now.

We will be fine. Be proud, now move on with the rest of the season. COYS.

I really like the fella and he's a consummate professional. I also don't get involved in the slagging matches about him, because it's pointless.

But he has absolutely zero footballing ability in the final third. Zero.

He should be who we bring on where there three nil up, to see out the game. Or when we need an extra man in midfield.
Or when Mark Noble is involved but otherwise you are correct imv.

In some ways I agree but with a couple of intelligent substitutions, these glitches could have been rectified.
I don’t know how someone who setup the team as they did would also make impactful smart subs.

Seriously Poch used to know how to setup a team. I don’t get it.

He’s always been shit at subs though.

Mate, we handed them two goals on a plate, the reason I am so fucked off is because they are utterly shit and now people are going to think they are something special when they really aren't at all.

Our poor decision making on the counter and the shit subs we made second half was the only reason they managed to get a point, letting them have the ball and countering was the best tactical decision Poch made today and first half proved that.

Sadly, he shit the bed with the subs second half.
They mauled us, we went into our shell and started that “nope, I don’t want the ball shit” and passed it any direction (mainly sideways and back) as quickly as possible just to get rid of it.....we dominated them for 30 mins in the first half when we had runners prepared to go behind their back line, that stopped the minute they upped the tempo and we couldn’t live with it.....
We need to really get our minds cleared during this international break and clean slates need to be handed out to every player upon return!!

Would of taken that before the game, tbh absolutely hate it when it's that close.
Get a full team and we'll win the return

I'm also happy with the fact that 1 point from 6 derails there season too.
At home to a club in crisis mode and they could only muster a point.

Far too much negativity on this board.
People are just being realistic. It doesn't help to bury your head in the sand and pretend all is right with our club. It's not being disloyal to complain about such obvious mismanagement and poor playing. It won't help to pretend.

Good to get out with a point knowing it could have been more. I think the boys put in a shift. Shame a bit of composure in final 10mins couldn’t unlock a goal from the chasm of space the Goons left in the middle.

Get tomorrow out the way.

Regroup after international break with a more settled squad.

Then go on a winning run please....

Back
Top Bottom