Woolwich Wanderers V Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not too sure. But I feel for all my cousins across the pond...this new NBC deal has been incredible. Any other fellow yanks feel the same? I literally have every game from my couch or the bar...no more two games a Saturday and Sunday.
Weren't you really fucking worried about it?

Ive got a horrible feeling about this one, like a red card is going to happen and it will be for one of our boys... Rose bein my bet

:memeokay:

Not too sure. But I feel for all my cousins across the pond...this new NBC deal has been incredible. Any other fellow yanks feel the same? I literally have every game from my couch or the bar...no more two games a Saturday and Sunday.
It's been great. No more worrying about avoiding the Internet till midnight Sunday to watch the game on replay if I was away from home.

Weren't you really fucking worried about it?

I didn't know if they were gonna have the rights and do fuck all with it. They actually sank some considerable resources in it...and prioritize the sport not only when its on, but on all their other general sports talk programming. Its fantastic. ESPN doesn't even have soccer on their rundown lineups.

To get you revved up, here's some sage words from one of the lovely people at Online Woolwich....

I was thinking about it and I feel that Tottenham will have less points this year than last. Here is why:

1. Losing Bale, is 30 goals a year plus who knows how many more scoring opportunities created, not to mention from free kicks.

2. Lamela and Soldado will now be their main goal scoring options. First year in the Prem for Soldado I see him scoring about 12 goals, Lamela the highest goal tally in his career is what 16? Now new to the league there will be an adjustment period. He will score at the most 6 goals and maybe another 5 or 6 assists.

3. They are naturally bottlers

4. Kaboul is a terrible defender. Gallas in all honest was a much better option. I don't know if any of you have scum supporting friends but my family are scum and they don't rate Kaboul, the defense has been weakened.

5. They had little creativity in the midfield the previous year besides Bale. Now he's gone and they have bought, what 3 holding midfielders? Add to that Dembele as well who I wouldn't consider an attacking option.

I will give them credit their depth is going to allow them to compete in all the competitions they are in, and fair play to their management to take the money they have and invest it back into the team. There's a whole different argument about that being the best course of action when they need a new stadium, however they will remain relevant.

If we don't buy anyone, and go into the season with our current team, I still believe we will finish ahead of Tottenham even with the millions they have spent. However before they sold bale I was much more confident we would improve and blow them out of the water this season. That's not going to happen unfortunately
smile_sad.gif
kevin-keegan-love-it.jpg

Back
Top Bottom